Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you’re the windshield.

Sometimes you’re the bug.

And sometimes you’re the bug on the windshield that is flattened by a steamroller during a hailstorm in a pool of molten lava while William Hung sings in the background.

(I cannot take credit for writing this, only stealing it)

Sometimes you're the bug with a more aesthetic soundtrack.

Admittedly I didn't see the game: I had to get my second Covid shot and then wanted to go see three friends' bands play. First show I've been able to go to in over a year; I'll pick that over a loss-in-all-likelihood any day.

Sounds like it was the same problem the women had all year-- lack of a complete game. Three solid quarters is nice, but... this ain't hockey, we play four here.

It's something to build on at least.

Sorry to intrude but I wanted to comment on Tom Powell. As a Sturt supporter I can say that when he reaches his prime he's gonna be a clearance beast that averages 27+. You've got a real good one there and I'm jealous as hell. Gun.

I actually picked you guys to win today; you tend to do a number on us when you're underdogs and felt confident with that at 3qt. Just ran out of legs in the end and being a man down never helps. You'll pick up some wins somewhere - you've got a lot of young talent and the right man leading the way. The wheel can turn quickly.

Also this. As a South Australian I'm used to comments like this but it'll always be pretty sh*t to say. You've got a few on your list.
Thanks weirdo . He can return to Sturt in 2037.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To the Adelaide goose and his loud-mouth girlfriend on L2 sec43 yesterday. I remember your faces. If l ever see you at our game again and we win " lookout "

* yes, I was near them too and they were cringe AF

To the Adelaide goose and his loud-mouth girlfriend on L2 sec43 yesterday. I remember your faces. If l ever see you at our game again and we win " lookout "

People are weird. I like winning as much as the next person but the level of excitement from some supporters while belting us this year has been... interesting to say the least. I tend to get up and about the most when we're beating an actual good team personally. Some of the dogs people last week were celebrating like they were taking down a full strength 2007 Geelong team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude but I wanted to comment on Tom Powell. As a Sturt supporter I can say that when he reaches his prime he's gonna be a clearance beast that averages 27+. You've got a real good one there and I'm jealous as hell. Gun.

I actually picked you guys to win today; you tend to do a number on us when you're underdogs and felt confident with that at 3qt. Just ran out of legs in the end and being a man down never helps. You'll pick up some wins somewhere - you've got a lot of young talent and the right man leading the way. The wheel can turn quickly.

Also this. As a South Australian I'm used to comments like this but it'll always be pretty sh*t to say. You've got a few on your list.

He's SO much more than just the ball magnet he was decribed pre-draft.

He has flair coming out of every orifice with the almost cerebral way he creates with his hands.

I'm sure giantroo can do a cut up of his pre-season and first 4 rounds, but he would have as good a highlights reel as any kid we've had in 35 years from his first 4 games.

He does 1-2 genuinely WTF moments a game and he's an absolute rake. He runs as hard as his body lets him at the moment. Have absolutely no doubt we have a multiple AA midfielder on our hands. He's also very inside/outside with good leg speed, something that also wasn't mentioned to much pre-draft.

People are weird. I like winning as much as the next person but the level of excitement from some supporters while belting us this year has been... interesting to say the least. I tend to get up and about the most when we're beating an actual good team personally. Some of the dogs people last week were celebrating like they were taking down a full strength 2007 Geelong team.
Perhaps we are a truly loathed team

Blaming the umps is stupid...
They’re calling the game as they see it.
Why can’t they bounce the ball though?

It's their thing.

I reckon if you surveyed the football going public and asked if bounces were reduced to one per quarter to kick things off would anyone care? The answer would in all likelihood be no.

Instead we're subjected to Ray f***ing Chamberlain doing a little dance before attempting to bounce, then bounce the ball and it skewing one way or the other.

It's nothing but ego. That's it. It's all it is umpiring ego.

Had a solid crack, and for 3 quarters we were exciting to watch. Crows weren’t expecting us to match them for 3 quarters. Was a decent response from Good Friday but the 8 goal lapse definitely left a real sour taste in the mouth, unfortunately I feel it will be all too common this year.

I’m really comfortable with what Noble is doing to our side and the brand of footy he wants us to play. Sure we can be pretty sloppy with our skills and we get burnt in transition but the kicks into the middle, the chain of handballs, the run and carry - its great to see.

Side note, injuries aren’t doing us any favours this year. Also I’d hate to be that one bloke who bashes the umpires but Razor Ray crucified us... Again.

sack scotts

Had a few around us too but they were remarkably decent.

Why can’t they bounce the ball though?

It's their thing.

I reckon if you surveyed the football going public and asked if bounces were reduced to one per quarter to kick things off would anyone care? The answer would in all likelihood be no.

Instead we're subjected to Ray f***ing Chamberlain doing a little dance before attempting to bounce, then bounce the ball and it skewing one way or the other.

It's nothing but ego. That's it. It's all it is umpiring ego.
I’m a traditionalist, I love the ball being bounced, brings an element of randomness to it.. players have to adapt on the fly, it’s a part of the game I’ve embraced.

The other option is they throw it up, like basketball, I’m sure you could get a perfect toss up every time, with the set plays that follow.

I’m a traditionalist, I love the ball being bounced, brings an element of randomness to it.. players have to adapt on the fly, it’s a part of the game I’ve embraced.

The other option is they throw it up, like basketball, I’m sure you could get a perfect toss up every time, with the set plays that follow.

I'm a traditionalist too and like the centre bounce. But here's a wacky idea - if one bloke isn't much good at it (Chamberlain) or is just having an off day with it, then don't make him do it. Why must it be shared around?

At a time when people have paid hard earned coin for reserved seats they can't access - seats that are better than what they are getting but when they look at them, are being occupied by someone else.

In what universe does this make sense?

Looked across from my Ticketmaster ordained random pews and saw a bank of people sitting in our long term reserved seats.

How the **** does any of this hedge off the risk of Covid spread exactly?

In what universe does this make sense?

Looked across from my Ticketmaster ordained random pews and saw a bank of people sitting in our long term reserved seats.

How the **** does any of this hedge off the risk of Covid spread exactly?

I must admit this is the part that has puzzled me about the whole process - if someone has a reserved seat, why don't they get that seat in the member draw?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back