Best 10 Key Forwards today

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't disagree at all about Hogans placing, you just love to bring up how 'overrated' he is at any opportunity (Which is a myth, no pundit nor reasonable Melbourne supporter would put him in the elite/top 10 KPF bracket). I hope opposition posters don't post like you do about Francis should he come back for the Bombers.

They can post what they like about Francis.

And absolutely I like to post that Hogan is overrated. Welllll that’s not completely correct, I like to point out that his output has not matched his reputation and/or hype.

Brown gets little supply hey?

He was literally ranked #1 in the league for being the target inside 50.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL check your facts before coming to me mate.
Elite deflection. Now answer the question unless of course you can't "rationally" do so.
Come on cowboy, time to actually back up your s**t OP.

Elite deflection. Now answer the question unless of course you can't "rationally" do so.
Come on cowboy, time to actually back up your s**t OP.

Deflection hey?

You quite literally just posted something that could clearly be refuted by fact.

That’s not a deflection, that’s me flat out laughing at someone being so foolish that they would think to try be clever whilst simultaneously messing up an easily verifiable fact.

Deflection hey?

You quite literally just posted something that could clearly be refuted by fact.

That’s not a deflection, that’s me flat out laughing at someone being so foolish that they would think to try be clever whilst simultaneously messing up an easily verifiable fact.
Point retracted then. Now grow some balls and stop being a pussy.
10. Patton

Goals in the last 3 seasons (last season)

Franklin 201 (73)
Kennedy 231 (69)
Daniher 142 (65)
Brown 136 (63)
Walker 160 (54)
Riewoldt 156 (54)
Hawkins 152 (51)
Dixon 120 (49)
Jenkins 153 (45)
Patton 83 (45)
Cameron 161 (45)
Lynch 154 (44)
Roughead 88 (38) [cancer in 2016]
Gunston 127 (19)

I justify it and do so rationally.
Yes Jade give us all a rational justification for Patton and Dixon's top 10 ranking. Both in 2017 and the last 3 seasons overall both are average.

You don't think the fact Walker plays predominately as a CHF might impact those numbers? I think you'll find that's the cause behind the 0.8 goal assist, 1.9 score involvement, 0.8 mark, 3.3 disposal, 0.5 contested disposal, 1.9 inside 50 differential, 112 meters gained, 0.6 tackles inside 50 differential.

Similarly Brown's numbers are influenced by the fact that he plays as a FF a lot closer to goal, and either isn't expected, or doesn't have the ability to instigate the creation of scoring opportunities like Walker does.

I guess it depends how much value you place on creation vs scoring of goals.

Personally I think both are equally important, but the gulf between Walker and Brown in terms of their capacity to create goals and bring their team mates into the game is much larger than the difference between their capacity to score them. That's what gives Walker the edge for me.

However, the stats that really matter for a full forward, namely contested marks, marks inside 50 and goals, all go Browns way.

Edit.

If Brown played with Adelaide in 2017 he would have kicked 85-90 goals.

If Brown played with Adelaide in 2017 he wouldn't have been targeted with anywhere near the frequency that he was at North this year, but I'm sure the likes of Tex, Eddie, Lynch etc would've shared the ball around and made sure he kicked a few.

The only player to kick over 80 goals in a season since Fev in 2009 was Josh Kennedy in 2016 (80 goals, West Coast finished 6th and had the 5th most potent forward line in the comp). I think you might be overrating your boy a tad and misunderstanding what makes the Crows attack so potent.

I think you might be overrating your boy a tad

Let's just say that I am expecting further improvement.

....misunderstanding what makes the Crows attack so potent.

I understand that the two sides have very different set ups.

Norths midfield hardly inundates Brown with silver service delivery, and Brown is also regularly two outed, something Walker rarely contends with.

They can post what they like about Francis.

And absolutely I like to post that Hogan is overrated. Welllll that’s not completely correct, I like to point out that his output has not matched his reputation and/or hype.

Where is this reputation and hype? I haven't seen any since 2016, and that was when people started to realize the flaws in his game (Poor body language which may or may not have been a result of off-field matters, unable to kick goals from 50m+).

****ed if I know how Brown is statistically such a target, given that none of our player not named Shaun Higgins can deliver it inside the 50. Nearly everyone else on our list bombs it in, so I have to wonder how that stat is generated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's debatable.

I certainly wouldn't be howling anyone down for having a different view - but I have a very high opinion of Jeremy Cameron as a forward. He kicks less goals of course, but he does tend to play higher up the ground (and gets his hands on the ball more as a result), and also has to contend with some other significant tall forwards - whereas Kennedy is a bit 'freer' in this regard.

It's funny, if you asked me which player I'd prefer to have playing at my club in 2018, I'd take all of Franklin, Daniher, Brown, Cameron, Lynch ahead of Kennedy.

The big plus for Kennedy - he's incredibly consistent.

Aside from Buddy, JK was head and shoulders above the competition at FF. There isn't a debate to be had.

Last edited:
****** if I know how Brown is statistically such a target, given that none of our player not named Shaun Higgins can deliver it inside the 50. Nearly everyone else on our list bombs it in, so I have to wonder how that stat is generated.
Probably bombed in his general direction counts as a stat.

Probably bombed in his general direction counts as a stat.

Might be. A bit iffy, like how loose ball gets count as contested possessions.

Has still not managed a 50 goal season; which essentially every other name thrown about has.

His output has never matched his inflated reputation - if he does not improve significantly in 2018 he'll be quickly assuming the title of most overrated player in the game.
Had a better opening two seasons then any player in these lists.

Then his dad dies and he got cancer and he broke his collarbone and he ripped his hammy all in the one year.

I fail to see how he will be the most over rated player in the game after two really good years and a year from hell

Also Dixon and Patton have never kicked 50 goals in a season either yet you named them in your top 50!

Last edited:
1. Franklin,by that far its silly... Cant believe people have others a head of him.
2. Kennedy
3. Walker
4. Riewolt
5. Daniher
6. Lynch
7. Brown
8. Cameron
9. Dixon
10. Curnow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back