briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Does this not tell you something about what Fagan thinks our best structure up forward was in 2021
I think he will still believe the same 3 tall forward structure will be best in 2022
So for rounds 1 to about 12 it will be Daniher, McStay + someone else.
Fullarton is the logical one from last years player list. But could be someone else.
Whoever it is will likely be a tall so when Hippy returns structurally our forward line does not change much
I’ve already given what I believe we are likely to go with.

I guess you didn’t like my reply and keep looking for others to agree with you about Payne moving forward.

I believe we’re most likely to play a two ruck formation, while Hipwood is out injured. If another tall forward goes down injured, then we bring Fullerton in.

After that, it’s break glass time, and move a tall defender forward. Or play small.

Section 5

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I guess you didn’t like my reply and keep looking for others to agree with you about Payne moving forward.

I believe we’re most likely to play a two ruck formation, while Hipwood is out injured. If another tall forward goes down injured, then we bring Fullerton in.

After that, it’s break glass time, and move a tall defender forward. Or play small.
Just a discussion briztoon
I don't believe i am trying to get others to agree with me. Sometimes i get things right other times i am way off
However i will find something else to discuss in this long boring offseason

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Just a discussion briztoon
I don't believe i am trying to get others to agree with me. Sometimes i get things right other times i am way off
However i will find something else to discuss in this long boring offseason
It’s all good.

For what it’s worth, the same discussion could be had about our defence.

We basically have 3 tall forwards and 3 tall defenders in our best 22, then one reserve KPF in Fullerton (I don’t count him as a forward ruck, but as a pure forward who is asked to ruck, just like Daniher), and one reserve KPD in Payne.

Other than Fullerton and Payne, we have a bunch of rucks in our reserves. Fort, Lane and Henry Smith. Smith has been developed as a ruck forward, and watching him at training, I understand why. He’s a more mobile and fluid athlete than our other rucks.

Nunez

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

O.O

On the quiet

Senior List
Jul 15, 2021
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It’s all good.

For what it’s worth, the same discussion could be had about our defence.

We basically have 3 tall forwards and 3 tall defenders in our best 22, then one reserve KPF in Fullerton (I don’t count him as a forward ruck, but as a pure forward who is asked to ruck, just like Daniher), and one reserve KPD in Payne.

Other than Fullerton and Payne, we have a bunch of rucks in our reserves. Fort, Lane and Henry Smith. Smith has been developed as a ruck forward, and watching him at training, I understand why. He’s a more mobile and fluid athlete than our other rucks.
My two bobs worth on Payne, is that whilst arguably Gardner and Adams are in front of him (at this stage), he has shown he can mark on mid to tall forwards so is still a reasonable chance of being in the back 7 for 2022, even with Gardner and Adams in the team. If Lions are not going to give him an opportunity in 2022, then forget about him being long term future back with Andrews, he will likely seek a release and explore other options...contracts are broken by players and clubs. Even admin and coaching staff leave to seek opportunities, eg David Noble.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad