Analysis Bullies convincingly beat the Purples 118 - 69

Remove this Banner Ad

Few random thoughts:

- As great as English has been this year he probably only has a handful of Brownlow votes because Bont is absolutely crushing in our wins. If we’d taken care of Port he would have had 4 BOGs in a row.

- Shout out to Jack Macrae, what’s clear to me is he has taken a back seat from CBA’s because putting Treloar in the guts is the best way to use Adam. Now starting to impact more in his hybrid role.

- I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again Serong and Brayshaw love the tough guy act so much. Should focus more on impacting the result as opposed to driving players into the ground every chance they get.
Come on man - you aren’t referring to the incident where Libba was concussed surely ? Both players charging at the ball and Libba went lower and got there marginally ahead of Brayshaw. If he gets suspended for that then our game is an absolute puzzle.

Brayshaw is a gun and Serong is coming fast too. Would love either of these guys at the Dogs.

I never realized that Fremantle held Rory Lobb in such high regard. To produce a special commemorative range of beer, have their best artists design signs for fans to show their appreciation for his distinguished career in purple, and even have a representative run on to the field to personally thank him for all he had done during the hugely successful era at the world famous Fremantle Football Club really brought a tear to the eye.

TEARS OF UNCONTROLLED LAUGHTER - What a laughingstock that football club is. Lobb is a journeyman and mercenary chasing the almighty dollar every few years, NOT an all-time club legend.

I never realized that Fremantle held Rory Lobb in such high regard. To produce a special commemorative range of beer, have their best artists design signs for fans to show their appreciation for his distinguished career in purple, and even have a representative run on to the field to personally thank him for all he had done during the hugely successful era at the world famous Fremantle Football Club really brought a tear to the eye.

TEARS OF UNCONTROLLED LAUGHTER - What a laughingstock that football club is. Lobb is a journeyman and mercenary chasing the almighty dollar every few years, NOT an all-time club legend.
And as someone pointed out in the GameDay thread....at one point it was 4 guys from other clubs that were getting in to him

I feel like I'm the only one on this board who doesn't see it with Arthur Jones. Just not sure he's providing much other than a great smile and infectious personality

Bit too soon to judge, don't ya think?

The Bont has elevated himself from a super star with all the skills and added the player you most want to be your ally in the trenches. Last night was a true ANZAC game performance.

I'll take the win. Some really good signs, but admittedly dockers were putrid.

Still got 10 goals to make up with our percentage just to break even.

Hopefully a few % boosters coming up in the next few weeks.

And hopefully once arty breaks the drought the flood gates will open. Was praying for him in that last quarter.

Remember where that came from? The first meeting after Bailey and others were drafted, Bevo asked the newbies one by one to introduce themselves and tell everyone their nickname. Bailey was sitting next to Bob Murphy and whispered, “I haven’t got a nickname!” Bob whispered back, “Say it’s Horse.”
Where does 'truck'come from?

I feel like I'm the only one on this board who doesn't see it with Arthur Jones. Just not sure he's providing much other than a great smile and infectious personality

This alone puts him above a couple of other options.

But really he’s probably keeping VDMs spot warm.

Jones has been fantastic since in the side and provides exactly what we we’re missing. A team first hard running, chasing, harassing, filling the defensive gaps and structure. The game has changed, each side need at least 1 if not 2 players like that in the forward line. In the last quarter when he picked the ball up at half back, 3 bounces outrunning his opponent and getting it to our end. Who else can do that in our side. Playing his role perfectly, now just get Khamis into the side as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After his return game in the VFL today I suspect he’ll be keeping it for a couple more weeks.

Probably. I don’t even necessarily prefer vdm just going off Bevo’s historical tendency to select him even when coming back from injury and/or in bad form.

its not the first time Keath has tried to dispose of it with his opponent right there
And he signals his intentions for about 2-3 seconds which make it easier to pounce on him. There's always a place for a quick play-on where the risk is low but for players like Keath he should mostly stick to the bread and butter plays of a defender. The moment uncertainty creeps in is the moment to go back and take the regulation kick down the line.

I'll take the win. Some really good signs, but admittedly dockers were putrid.

Still got 10 goals to make up with our percentage just to break even.

Hopefully a few % boosters coming up in the next few weeks.

And hopefully once arty breaks the drought the flood gates will open. Was praying for him in that last quarter.

If we're serious that 10 goals will be made up next Saturday night. If we're serious.

As for Jones, even if he only contributes flashes of brilliance it's enough to make defenders worry and second guess.

Doubt they lose a wink over Hannan or McComb.

I hadn't seen this either.

JJ's partner had obviously had a few in the superbox during the game. Just loose lips - whoops. Haven't we all had some of those?

Meanwhile, BT's just a natural with the kids isn't he? Loved the way he hip & shouldered the 8 year old girl out of getting a photo with Bont to have a word with him. Other insightful questions to kids and making Arfa do his job for him. Loved how Duryea put him back in his box.
Just watched it. She was well and truly sozzled methinks, and not wrong!!!!!

G...

What a shock when our forwards started moving and we started to hit them up we started to score freely. Who would have thunk that.

T..

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
2 of the 3 talls may as well be training witches hats. In a 49 point win, the 3 talls scored 4, between them, a touch over par for the course, the same 3 average a goal a game, 1 each. Thank God for Naughton, at least Lobb chops out, credibly, in the ruck. A big rethink of forward line personnel required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back