Universal Love Captain Bloods feelgood Friday lounge.

Remove this Banner Ad

out with one redheaded Leppa
in with one ranga sales reppa
its CBs feelgood friday lounge
so many happy tigers around
A feelgood notion toast of the town
A place to be happy laugh and be free
Im so ******* happy theres no more EDDIE

I worked there once it became the immigration detention centre, 2011,2012 ,2012
Great place to work
Some funny stories
did you see any changes, gradual or otherwise...? I mean as i said for me it was pretty normal suburban life...nothing like a gulag, we got citizenship after 3 years and pretty sure we would have transitioned out of Midway soon after so we would have left way before the 90s.

did you see any changes, gradual or otherwise...? I mean as i said for me it was pretty normal suburban life...nothing like a gulag, we got citizenship after 3 years and pretty sure we would have transitioned out of Midway soon after so we would have left way before the 90s.
where you would have stayed was student accomadation [ when i worked there}
the detention cneter is now closed.
when i was there it housed about 100 people
mainly people with no aussie citizenship,, who had commited crimes here
and were waiting to be sent back home { most of them just out of prison}
really nice people ,, even though some were murderers pedafiles rapists and drug dealers
a few members of well known international gangs were there , i worked as a cleaner
missed all the action there were some serious fights there and bashings but that was always in evening { i worked mornings}
was an eye opener and made you appreciate what you have in life,,
might write a book one day
i was only truly once scared while working there that was by two irish carnys or travellers
they were so unpredictable and it was impossibe to understand a word they said

got this yesdi, yes it is "only" a midrange model.

Wrist is no longer flat to desk surface, 2 forearm bones no longer grind (crossover) against each other, feels good.
The middle buton (scrollwheel) is a little too stiff for my liking. In general feels good, take abit of getting used to, can change DPI but annoyingly there's no indicator to tell you what DPI setting you are actually on.

Express Delivery was super...next day.

If I like it, might upgrade to a premium model.

So, the lights in the Jayco weren't working leading into the Aus day long weekend. We have a mate who works at the power station and we did some tests and established it was the cords running into the roof that had no power. I have been shitting myself thinking this was gonna cost a bomb to get fixed. Old mate turns up today and shows me there's a reset switch on the outside of the canvas. A wire there had become loose. Fixed in 2 minutes. #winning.

giphy-2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative - impending 5 day lockdown, I picked a helluva day to give up sniffing glue.
Positive - took spin in Dodge before 5 day lockdown, no overheating, no charging issues, Curtis Mayfield - Theme From Superfly on CD player (Millennials, ask your dad what a CD player is), managed to convert a bunch of litres of 98 octane mostly into noise, some into distance. Day ended up positive. Feel good.

1970dodge.jpg

Up for a barnyard bbq breakfast shortly - bacon, eggs, some snags. Throw some tomatoes on there too. Pretty sure ive got some rolls to throw it all in.

Just quietly, might wash them down with a couple of ice cold stubbys then back to bed for a snooze.

you only live once

Up for a barnyard bbq breakfast shortly - bacon, eggs, some snags. Throw some tomatoes on there too. Pretty sure ive got some rolls to throw it all in.

Just quietly, might wash them down with a couple of ice cold stubbys then back to bed for a snooze.

you only live once
if you say YOLO...you get a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of cred....maybe even some girls.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back