1 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
1 Hayden Crozier (WB)

How TF did Bont get coaches vote
Legit had no impact on the game, low possesions
Only thing he had was 10 tackles
Could name 5 players from both teams who were better
I’d start with Kolo
Also would have to be Beverage who gave him the 2 votes
Apart from the 1st quarter Bont wasn't really noticeable.

According to AFL player rating he was second best on ground but then again Riccardi from GWS kicked 4 goals and was worst on ground which show how stupid that rating system is.

Also to further illustrate how bad AFL player rating is Tom Stewart was in the worst 5 or so on ground a few times last year (could be less could be more memory is a bitch).

Coaches votes are usually more fair and correct but i would have at least half a dozen more deserving of a vote then Bont

Last edited:

We have similar but differing memories. I remember being at a game at KP as a youngster and Ronnie Wearmouth barrelled one out over the fence into moorabool St.

You might be right actually.....because now that i think about it more it might have been in a reserves game with Turner. There was a season where he did get dropped, perhaps '82 or '83 when we weren't playing that well. It could have been the match in 1980 where Ronnie kicked it. I guess old age catches up with the memories a bit.

ROUND 14 VOTES
10 Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
6 Lachie Hunter (WB)
4 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
4 Jed Bews (GEEL)
2 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
1 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
1 Hayden Crozier (WB)

I’d start with Kolo
Who did Bews play on to be rated so highly? Clearly both coached thought he was important one coach thought he was second best on but I didn't notice him

ROUND 14 VOTES
6 Lachie Hunter (WB)
4 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
4 Jed Bews (GEEL)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
1 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
1 Hayden Crozier (WB)

I’d start with Kolo
Agree. I'd have given those 2 votes to Naughton if anyone

ROUND 14 VOTES
6 Lachie Hunter (WB)
4 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
4 Jed Bews (GEEL)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
1 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
1 Hayden Crozier (WB)

I’d start with Kolo
to be fair, he did smother Wallis' only shot on goal with his butt ;)

Who did Bews play on to be rated so highly? Clearly both coached thought he was important one coach thought he was second best on but I didn't notice him

It's amazing what you see watching a second time..I watched the last half again last night...Bews was good....and Parfitt excellent....both who I didnt consider for MVP votes.

It is hugely costly, and mostly always controversial.
I see red when they lie there still like stuffed mullets, eyes pleading.
FFS at this level, if you can't get it out, thrash around a bit. Selwood is great showing the ump massive attempt.
We can tell they're gone by the pause the ump takes on the whistle, why can't they?
Still unsure what MOC could have done. Move his head side to side?

He's meant to wiggle like a worm apparently - not sure how that actually indicates making an attempt when he'd still have an arm held by the tackler

I guess he could have just dropped it cold once tackled and taken a chance on either being called for incorrect disposal or hoped that the umpire takes pity on him & deemed it knocked out in the tackle

People who know me will believe I’m not one to rain on a parade but that was a bittersweet win. To be 40-ish points down at quarter time is everything we fear about this team going into finals. To claw it back and steamroll them late is not something I expected, particularly with many of our best players off and the charge led by none other than Gary Rohan.

The four points is hugely important but that first quarter will keep me awake at night until season end.
The ability to get out of the whole is great... but the worse part is knowing we still have the ability to get in it first..... #staringatroof.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing what you see watching a second time..I watched the last half again last night...Bews was good....and Parfitt excellent....both who I didnt consider for MVP votes.
Bews has been very solid for a while. makes good decisions, provides outlets and takes it on. I don’t understand a lot of the negativity towards him.

Yes, I remember you writing that GDT.
Think he was gone though, arm or not, can't escape interpretation- umps have their own mysterious methods when their blind.
I didn't blame him , just think it's a learning experience for the Irish lad, he's adapted to the game superlatively otherwise.

ROUND 14 VOTES
6 Lachie Hunter (WB)
4 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
4 Jed Bews (GEEL)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
1 Gary Rohan (GEEL)
1 Hayden Crozier (WB)

I’d start with Kolo

He wouldn't get my vote simply for his shocking positioning when Guthrie passed off to Duncan (gamechanger). Slow as wet week.

Very rarely - maybe never - gets a tackle on the opposition kicking out from a behind, but most definitely applies plenty of pressure on them. Forces a lot of panicked kicks - they often seen surprised by how quickly he is onto them.
Yep, agree, he is like a Belgian Malinois hunting ivory poachers

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

If you want a bit of a giggle, the Richmond Opposition Watch thread goes for over 12 pages for tonight's game.

Watching them go from adulation to anger is hilarious

Starts page 14 and ends on 27 or so
You know why that thread is Tuggers only... you need a secret handshake and gesture to get into it...

And haveing seen their post game celebrations.... we all know how that goes LOL..

one poke 2 shakes another 2 pokes and you cant have your eyes water.

GO Catters

Last edited:
The play right at the end og the game when Closetackles the Bulldogs player with the ball is great, he ran a short distance to nail him. What is worrying though from a Rules and Umpiring stance though is that just before that Duncan is running towards the ball with his arm clearly being held. No free kick.
Also notice these days that players are often held with out the ball. Once an automatic free kick, not so now.

The play right at the end og the game when Closetackles the Bulldogs player with the ball is great, he ran a short distance to nail him. What is worrying though from a Rules and Umpiring stance though is that just before that Duncan is running towards the ball with his arm clearly being held. No free kick.
Also notice these days that players are often held with out the ball. Once an automatic free kick, not so now.

Even better was that it was Johannisen getting tackled, I think.

He's already mentally checked out to Freo I reckon

Although Guthrie, Parfitt and Menegola had lesser games than past weeks they had 58 possessions between them.
So not many players didn't contribute at least to some extent.
Just reckon we should see the need for a second big target, it was obvious with Tom not involved early we struggled.
Bring in Jenkins.

Although Guthrie, Parfitt and Menegola had lesser games than past weeks they had 58 possessions between them.
So not many players didn't contribute at least to some extent.
Just reckon we should see the need for a second big target, it was obvious with Tom not involved early we struggled.
Bring in Jenkins.
You're like a cat with a rat on this one, eh :D

I have to be, everybody else likes the little'n route. To many littlen's almost cost us until TH and medium Rhoan pulled it out of the fire.
Get rid of at least 1 little'n.

:mask:
It was the Dahlhaus Gang that worked us into and kept us in the game.

Their work has been responsible for a good 50% of our goals this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back