Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 6 vs. Essendon, MCG ANZAC Day Sun 25/04 @ 3:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know some players were not expected to chase, put their body on the line or win contested ball depending on what role they were given.
Sounds allot like Cox to me

A lot has Changes in about 10 months.
12 changes to the team that played Essendon June 2020 (wasn't Anzac due to covid) assuming T Brown is medical sub and may not get on the park.
2020 players not playing this year - 2021 replacement players (not quite like for like)
*Adams - Macrae
*Cox - Cameron
*De Goey - Ruscoe
*Elliott - Thomas
*Mayne - Murphy
*Phillips - Noble
*Scharenberg- Kelly
*Stephenson - McCreery
*T.Brown - Rantall
*Treloar - Sidebottom
*Varcoe - Quaynor
*Wills - Madgen

We lost by 15 points, with Treloar and Stephenson among out best players (Stephenson kicked 3 goals)
Game probably should have been closer. Moore didn't play well down back, as Essendon played with a small forward line and Stringer dominated. Arguably, take Cox out of that game (he had is usual shocker), and play Moore forward we win easily. Why has Buckley persisted with Cox up forward rather than Moore I will never understand.

Much younger team this time around. Look forward to this game!

Essendons tallest defender is 195cms.

If there was ever a time for Cameron & Moore (204 cms) to kick some goals, today is the day.
Here’s the issue mate. We are playing Cameron, whe, Thomas, brown, ruscoe. How many goals are those 5 capable of kicking? Ruscoe is a kid but hasn’t down anything at vfl for a call up. Gonna be a long day!

WHE much more understandable than Brown & Ruscoe.

FMD
Results are irrelevant at this stage sadly - it's about selecting some kids and giving them a framework of enough experience to learn their roles.
Sadly the residue of mid level experience is both thin and . . . beige - at best.

Well, we’re playing the kids today. Six guys who’ve played between zero and five games. Which helps explain why WHE and C Brown are named. It’s gonna be a rough day.:oops:

We may only win by 9 instead of 10 goals.

Look I know WHE isn’t an inspiring selection, but I thought the only reason he didn’t go to Perth was because he had a newborn, ie he was first in line to come back in this week?
If you watched the VFL game you would understand. Did nothing, less than nothing in fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah we really should be playing the kids.................... we only have Rantall (0 games ) Kelly (1) Ruscoe (6) McCreery (2) MaCrae (1) and Murphy (2) in the side........................plus Cameron (12) as well as the likely sub player being T Brown (12) .

Not to mention WHE actually played very well last start.

Sounds allot like Cox to me
You are clearly not watching closely enough. Chasing and contesting is something Cox generally does well. I have often been surprised by his pace for such a big man when running to intercept a pass or harass a defender.
It's harder to judge WHE's pace when he is standing still with his hands on his hips watching his opponent kick a match winning goal.

Yeah we really should be playing the kids.................... we only have Rantall (0 games ) Kelly (1) Ruscoe (6) McCreery (2) MaCrae (1) and Murphy (2) in the side........................plus Cameron (12) as well as the likely sub player being T Brown (12) .

Not to mention WHE actually played very well last start.
WHE had a shocking first half and an okay second half against GWS. The point is he should never have been out there after his shocker the week before.
Most players will eventually get a kick if they are named every week regardless of their form.

WHE had a shocking first half and an okay second half against GWS. The point is he should never have been out there after his shocker the week before.
Most players will eventually get a kick if they are named every week regardless of their form.

He has shown some return to form, and with a few of our senior players out he is an automatic selection. Its completely nonsensical to argue otherwise.

Cox and Sier arent getting games and T Brown and others have also been dropped so its not as if Buckley isnt managing players out of the 22. He decided to persist with WHE, and a bit of form recovery came of that last start.

A lot has Changes in about 10 months.
12 changes to the team that played Essendon June 2020 (wasn't Anzac due to covid) assuming T Brown is medical sub and may not get on the park.
2020 players not playing this year - 2021 replacement players (not quite like for like)
*Adams - Macrae
*Cox - Cameron
*De Goey - Ruscoe
*Elliott - Thomas
*Mayne - Murphy
*Phillips - Noble
*Scharenberg- Kelly
*Stephenson - McCreery
*T.Brown - Rantall
*Treloar - Sidebottom
*Varcoe - Quaynor
*Wills - Madgen

We lost by 15 points, with Treloar and Stephenson among out best players (Stephenson kicked 3 goals)
Game probably should have been closer. Moore didn't play well down back, as Essendon played with a small forward line and Stringer dominated. Arguably, take Cox out of that game (he had is usual shocker), and play Moore forward we win easily. Why has Buckley persisted with Cox up forward rather than Moore I will never understand.

Much younger team this time around. Look forward to this game!
Cox had issues with his eyes for much of the season last year after surgery. It was only fixed later in the season.I'd love to know what ailment is affecting Hoskin Elliott or C Brown. Perhaps we'll find out one day.

The cupboard isnt bare. Its just run out of the usual condiments so we need to try the fancy new brands to see if we like them.
I understand the reasons behind the clear out, doesn't mean I have to like it.
Still complaining endlessly is worse than useless so . . .
Give it to 'em Pies.

I understand the reasons behind the clear out, doesn't mean I have to like it.
Still complaining endlessly is worse than useless so . . .
Give it to 'em Pies.

Glass is always half empty. No fun in life being negative. The VFL list we are building sounds extremely exciting...with Poulter McMahon Tohill and others also showing form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back