Preview Changes - Rd 18 vs West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any rain at all mate and you blokes may as well pencil in the win.
Wildest weather here now since ages. I moved my car 10 minutes ago and I might as well have been lying under a wind-assisted waterfall.
You reckon your blokes will fail in the wet?
Did you watch the Crows fold meekly against Essendon last week?

Walker, Himmelberg, Fogarty, Lynch. Hope the ball doesn't hit the ground. The tank is well and truly on

I wonder if our big brain executive team saw the lack of goals kicked last week and demanded to the football department we recall as many goal kickers as possible.

Forgetting of course that any somewhat smart person could see that it wasn't our forwards that were at fault, but our pathetic midfield.

That's at least what I'm hoping, otherwise our coaches are dumb and eventually we'll be asking for them to be sacked (again)

I wonder if our big brain executive team saw the lack of goals kicked last week and demanded to the football department we recall as many goal kickers as possible.

Forgetting of course that any somewhat smart person could see that it wasn't our forwards that were at fault, but our pathetic midfield.

That's at least what I'm hoping, otherwise our coaches are dumb and eventually we'll be asking for them to be sacked (again)
nah it was our forwards. And if we don't play Sloane and Keays because they are injured, how pathetic would our midfield really be?

Changes themselves aside... Why do they distinguish between Thilthorpe as managed, but everyone else as dropped? What purpose does that serve, why not say they're all omitted?

nah it was our forwards. And if we don't play Sloane and Keays because they are injured, how pathetic would our midfield really be?

Well it doesn't get worse than the lowest inside 50 count by a team in a full game for years. So I'd say our midfield was at rock bottom last Friday

I have gotta say that the omission of some of our youth in favour for retaining MacKay and adding Berg just leaves me wondering what is happening at the club. Its like we are back to our good old bad days. It kinda reeks of Roo having input into the selection process. I never expected Nicks to bend over. I thought he was all for developing the youth. Now I am questioning his strength to stand up and run the footy department. We need a strong coach and Nicks character comes across as Mr Nice Guy. Perhaps he is good at managing the guys but not so good at managing what the team puts out onto the field. The next 6 weeks could be very interesting for Mr Nicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say playing Pedlar in the middle would be worse. Our barrel is empty until Crouch comes back.

We've played three players in the midfield for 80% of the season.

We have more than three midfielders in the squad so that's just crap. We'd have no idea how Pedlar would go in the midfield for a full game because we'd rather play him in a forward pocket

We've played three players in the midfield for 80% of the season.

We have more than three midfielders in the squad so that's just crap. We'd have no idea how Pedlar would go in the midfield for a full game because we'd rather play him in a forward pocket
Did you see him last week? He looks unfit. Schoenberg is playing. Berry could be in there more often. Who else is there? I'd like to see Jones. Fog was a bust. McNuts has a run occasionally without showing much.

Did you see him last week? He looks unfit. Schoenberg is playing. Berry could be in there more often. Who else is there? I'd like to see Jones. Fog was a bust. McNuts has a run occasionally without showing much.

It was hard to spot him up in the forward line because the ball was in our defensive 50 for 75% of the match

Schoenberg is indeed playing, and so is Berry. They both combined for 9 center bounce attendances. Sloane and Keays attended 25 center bounces for 1 center clearance

In reserves we have Hately and O'Connor, this week we dropped Sholl (and Pedlar), and on top of that we could try guys like McHenry and Hamill in the midfield/wing, bring Cook in to play half forward to give guys like Berry more midfield time, etc.

But no. On we roll to a 17th placed finish with our set in stone midfield that isn't getting the job done

I have no idea what the club is doing with this weeks selections, let alone this year at times. Always as confusing as hell. I've got to the stage where I've lost any expectation and just wanna go to the footy Sunday and let loose.

On RMX2086 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Apricot Slice Brigade going into overdrive to defend selections, "why get so worked up about MacKay".

They fail to realise/still don't understand this AFC coaching philosophy of selecting senior players who are out of form and/or injured over giving the youngsters a go is precisely why we are in the mess we are in.

If I had a dollar for every "MacKay/VB/Dougie/Wright/Thommo etc etc wont be the difference between winning and losing" comment on Thursday nights over the last 10 years I could pay off Ports debt.

Things I’m excited about:
* Fog. Goals baby
* Tex: Coleman, assault
* Edwards: donuts straight
* Lynch: boots before bounce
* short people up forward versus giants (I’m not actually looking forward to this)
* A crumbing backline going hungry (see above)
* Himmels, you little trade bait floozy

We want to play finals... you want Jason Horne. You know what to do. 😎
Good to see we're on the same...
w-childrens-books-and-reading-com-unnamed-jpg.1179277

Yes the tough “back in my day” old school mantra of ”forwards kick the goals, so more forwards = more goals”, certainly smells like it came from the great strategic mind of the Chancellor of the football club down there after stepping in to “have a word with the boys”
81b04df355cb0b1884fd0052649452b2

Also why are people so easily forgetful of why the utterly selfless David Mackay is always a lock to play when the Crows come up against West Coast?

Everyone should know that because it’s still permanently 2016 down at West Lakes and Mackay always has and always will be the first player to put his hand up and sacrifice his own game and be given the responsibility of tagging and stopping the damaging running machine and budding AFL superstar Wingman Andrew Gaff. Mackay has always fought on valiantly in these epic modern day ‘Carey vs Jackovich’ type encounters.
1626455354559.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back