Club Focus Collingwood 2021 - Kreuger, Lipinski, Daicos, Murley, Harrison

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why pies should be targeting anyone until they get a new coach.
They’d have a coach, just not announced.

Besides, Wright will still need to be assessing the list and contract situations.

Someone had pick #2 & Cogs for de Goey - that must be powerful sh*t they're smoking in the newsrooms around the country. A-Grade morons and *******s the lot of them.
#2 and Cogs for De Goey because De Goey is still set to be the next Dusty... They are out of their minds

Why wouldn't they? Not in their next premiership side, I may be speculating but doesn't appear to add much in leadership, still has plenty to offer a contender like Melbourne or Sydney, Collingwood needs picks and doesn't need his paycheck included in their salary cap. Wouldn't expect a first rounder for him but third rounder could be a win-win
Lmao. No

Someone had pick #2 & Cogs for de Goey - that must be powerful sh*t they're smoking in the newsrooms around the country. A-Grade morons and *******s the lot of them.
That was David King on First Crack.

They were talking about pick 2 and De Goey, and they referenced "But I think something more would need to be added to the deal",

I thought, makes sense, De Goey would have some currency but they'd need to add something else good to get pick 2,

Then Kingy mentions that perhaps Pick 2 AND Coniglio would get De Goey and it was the biggest WTF trade suggestion I've ever seen.

De Goey isn't close to being worth pick 2 let alone Coniglio as a sweetener :straining:

The muppets (King, Montagna and Morris) actually tried to make out that was a reasonable deal for the Giants.....

That was David King on First Crack.

They were talking about pick 2 and De Goey, and they referenced "But I think something more would need to be added to the deal",

I thought, makes sense, De Goey would have some currency but they'd need to add something else good to get pick 2,

Then Kingy mentions that perhaps Pick 2 AND Coniglio would get De Goey and it was the biggest WTF trade suggestion I've ever seen.

De Goey isn't close to being worth pick 2 let alone Coniglio as a sweetener :straining:

The muppets (King, Montagna and Morris) actually tried to make out that was a reasonable deal for the Giants.....

I think this is flat-out wrong and believe most neutrals would agree. Like him or not De Goey is an a-grade player moving into his prime (easily our best player in the second half of this season) and is worth pick 2 and more ... not worth Coniglio AND pick 2 obviously. Though under no circumstances would i want a player who has had as many injury problems as Coniglio anyway.

I think this is flat-out wrong and believe most neutrals would agree. Like him or not De Goey is an a-grade player moving into his prime (easily our best player in the second half of this season) and is worth pick 2 and more ... not worth Coniglio AND pick 2 obviously. Though under no circumstances would i want a player who has had as many injury problems as Coniglio anyway.

No chance. He played a half of football in 2021 which was of high quality. For the rest of his career he has been an under performing, overpaid and poorly behaved player.

Why would any club offer pick 2 and change when they can just get him as RFA next year anyway?

No chance. He played a half of football in 2021 which was of high quality. For the rest of his career he has been an under performing, overpaid and poorly behaved player.

Why would any club offer pick 2 and change when they can just get him as RFA next year anyway?

My point was disputing the assertion ''De Goey isn't close to being worth pick 2''

that's just nonsense. People tend to overvalue picks and undervalue proven players.

My point was disputing the assertion ''De Goey isn't close to being worth pick 2''

that's just nonsense. People tend to overvalue picks and undervalue proven players.
De Goey is proven to be an underperformer based on his talent. For a guy taken pick 5 who turns 26 at the start of next season, he currently has 0 AAs, 0 club best and fairests (does he even have a club top 3?). There's also numerous instances in his career where he's been recoginised as disappointing with the heat put on him to do more and meet expectations, not to mention his past behavioural indiscretions and lying to his coach and senior club officials.

There's no chance he's worth pick 2.

Last edited:
They are in a world of hurt:
  1. Basically one draft pick this year to show for finishing second last.
  2. Proven coaches don't want to go there.
  3. Off field a mess.
  4. Recruiter left.
  5. Captain shopping himself around.
  6. Still have cap problems.
  7. A ruckman on a massive contract that will hamper them for seven years.
  8. DeGoey finally turns the corner and will probably be outta there at the end of next year for the best offer.
  9. Moore, Maynard and DeGoey all become RFA at the end of next year.

Could have 12 blokes over the age of 30 and completely fall off a cliff in 12 months.

Oh wait, that's your mob.

Uh oh.

Oh such a burn. We have been falling off a cliff for 10 years.
Cats will fall off eventually, They are getting consistently older and older but it is admirable how long they have stayed at the top. Either way it doesnt take away from the situation Collingwoods is in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down mate, plenty of room at the bottom for Dad's army.
Geelongs situation isnt relevent to what was said, Collingwood are in a bad spot at the moment, Sure other clubs are too (Geelong arent atm) but this thread focusses on Collingwood

Cats will fall off eventually, They are getting consistently older and older but it is admirable how long they have stayed at the top. Either way it doesnt take away from the situation Collingwoods is in

Your mob won't be too far behind the Cats.

Plenty of your 'stars' well past their use by date.

The end is nigh.

Your mob won't be too far behind the Cats.

Plenty of your 'stars' well past their use by date.

The end is nigh.
Again, Not relevent to what this thread is about, is just deflecting from the issue, If you want to talk about Richmond do it on the Richmond thread

The older players we need to keep:
Elliott, Pendles, De Goey, Maynard, Moore, Crisp, Roughead

The older players we should trade:
Sidebottom, Grundy, Adams

The older players we should delist:
Cox, Sier, Thomas, Madgen
Adams out? interesting, i thought he would be next in line for captain

The older players we need to keep:
Elliott, Pendles, De Goey, Maynard, Moore, Crisp, Roughead

The older players we should trade:
Sidebottom, Grundy, Adams

The older players we should delist:
Cox, Sier, Thomas, Madgen

You won't get any club to take on 1 million plus a season for Grundy. You planning on paying half of it like Treloar? Sidebottom might be worth trading as he still has currency especially to a good side

You won't get any club to take on 1 million plus a season for Grundy. You planning on paying half of it like Treloar? Sidebottom might be worth trading as he still has currency especially to a good side
Yes it is unlikely but we should still look into trading him

Ok, I havent seen to much Collingwood this year so i wouldnt know
Its not that he misses the odd 15m kick, he misses majority of them. Not sure I can do another season of watching it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back