Preview Collingwood vs Essendon, MCG, ANZAC Day @ 3:20 PM

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Fantasia our (3-4 goals), Tippa under a cloud (2 goals) I find it hard to see how we can get within 4-5 goals.

J.Merrett - 3 Votes*

Watch this space**.

* Z.Merrett to get 2 and miss the Brownlow win by 1 vote.
** he’ll then be terrible against Melbourne and get dropped, never to be seen again.

You know it makes sense.

J.Merrett - 3 Votes*

Watch this space**.

* Z.Merrett to get 2 and miss the Brownlow win by 1 vote.
** he’ll then be terrible against Melbourne and get dropped, never to be seen again.

You know it makes sense.

We do have Stringer this year as well. Possibly get 2-3 goals from him. Stewart didn’t play last Anzac Day either - we could get a couple from him. If Tippa doesn’t play, surely Merrett could get 1 or 2? Plus Green for a few cheapies.

Plus the likes of Smith, Z. Merrett, Heppell, Zaharakis, Goddard, Saad can all push forward and get a single goal etc.

Watched training.
Emergencies look like being Smack, JMerret and Zerk Thatcher.
Side unchanged from Port.
Fanta straight line running and laps, under the stopwatch. Motored around at a fair clip on his laps. Guess he will under go a more vigorous assessment tomorrow away from prying eyes.

Early part of training was sloppy and generally poor but it had certainly improved by midway and started to look sharp by the end. Players seemed fairly comfortable and relaxed. Not sure if this is a good sign or not. Expect they will have another shorter, sharper more upbeat session before game day.

Rain benefits which team?

Certainly doesn’t benefit me having my 2 young boys and the old man with me. Both boys lose interest at most games by half time and the old man hates crowds. The last game I convinced him to see was the 2002 deluge and we traveled 2hrs home in the car soaked thru to the jocks.

* I hope the rain stays away.

Certainly doesn’t benefit me having my 2 young boys and the old man with me. Both boys lose interest at most games by half time and the old man hates crowds. The last game I convinced him to see was the 2002 deluge and we traveled 2hrs home in the car soaked thru to the jocks.

**** I hope the rain stays away.

Collingwood played absolutely perfect wet weather football against Adelaide, so I’m preying it will be dry.
And yes, it sux getting soaked at the footy.

**** I hope the rain stays away.
and the great news this year is that there is no car parking at the MCG because of “security”

I'm not sure about these 'injury clouds' pretty sure they're just resting a few players so that we are a chance of winning vs Melb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched training.
Emergencies look like being Smack, JMerret and Zerk Thatcher.
Side unchanged from Port.
Fanta straight line running and laps, under the stopwatch. Motored around at a fair clip on his laps. Guess he will under go a more vigorous assessment tomorrow away from prying eyes.

Early part of training was sloppy and generally poor but it had certainly improved by midway and started to look sharp by the end. Players seemed fairly comfortable and relaxed. Not sure if this is a good sign or not. Expect they will have another shorter, sharper more upbeat session before game day.

Redman, McNiece and Merrett didn't play VFL so we should assume that they're in the squad.

Sockeye. From what you saw BZT looks like an emergency even though he played on Sat?

The players who took part in the main training were all the team that played Port (apart from Fantasia) plus Smack and Jerret and McKenna (suspended) and BZT. BZT warmed up with the team and did the non competitive ball movement drills. When they went in to some whole ground competitive drills he moved to second oval and did some leading and marking at full pace. Was moving really well. Wouldn't think he had played yesterday.

He actually doesn't look that light in real life.
Very impressed with this kid.

Who comes in hmmmm

giphy.gif

Well, the good news (if you can call it that) is that it really forces them to play Stringer as a forward and Raz hasn't actually done much in the 2 matches he played (i don't mean that to be critical of him as he has had interrupted prep etc) and can presumably come in fresh for the Melbourne match. Jerrett needs a go at some point as if he doesn't make it this year, it is curtains for him. I still remember a 40 possession multiple goal game he had against the Blues 3 or 4 years ago. Can we have that Jerrett please.

We will beat them by 31 points. Jd to destroy them
Have a feeling Joe will either rip the game apart himself, or have a complete nightmare like Carlisle did on ANZAC day 2014.

* I hope we win. Collingwood have been very good this year so we'll be caught out if we rock up drunk like we did against WBD

Well, the good news (if you can call it that) is that it really forces them to play Stringer as a forward and Raz hasn't actually done much in the 2 matches he played (i don't mean that to be critical of him as he has had interrupted prep etc) and can presumably come in fresh for the Melbourne match. Jerrett needs a go at some point as if he doesn't make it this year, it is curtains for him. I still remember a 40 possession multiple goal game he had against the Blues 3 or 4 years ago. Can we have that Jerrett please.
Raz hasn't done much?

Are you serious?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back