List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Oscar Allen keen to stay at West Coast , contract untill 2025 is on the cards , talks with WCE .

Talks just started so might be a while .

Oscar Allen keen to stay at West Coast , contract untill 2025 is on the cards , talks with WCE .

Talks just started so might be a while .
Probably be our next captain. I was sure it would be Duggan earlier on but I think OA has everything it takes.

Have we appointed a new list manager yet? Or even got a a fill in? I haven't seen anything.

Last edited:

Has we appointed a new list manager yet? I haven't seen anything.

download-16.jpg

O'Brien doing both roles: Head of Drafting and Recruiting & List Management.

It's certainly not an ideal situation, as they really should be two separate roles, as they require different skills sets, plus there is opportunity for conflicting interests.
The two functions should also act as checks and balances to each other.

That said the Club has been handed some pretty stringent, soft cap, financial restrictions, mandated from AFL House, so it's probably budget driven.

In time it would be good to once again segregate the two roles.

Last edited:
Max Heath was clearly the dominant ruckman.Took some contested grabs and kicked a goal. He gave his mids silver service at the contest.
Yep, he and Sinn from what I saw as the best two and most AFL ready. I wonder with it being under 19s now whether less rucks will be taken as u18s and given another year to develop. As we all know rucks takes 4+ years to be AFL ready.
He'll definitely get drafted this year.

Few of my contacts in Vic reckon he goes top 5.
Attacking rebounding HBF that has some Midfielder traits - 186 72.

View attachment 1105191 View attachment 1105192 View attachment 1105193

ECE: Can I give you some home work to complete as the season goes on.

At this stage I am not sure if I will make the Championships this year, so your astute thoughts on the following players, if you see some of their games would be appreciated.

They are all midfielders ......... surprise ........ surprise.

Anyway the list :

Ned Long. Northern Knights. 192 88
Josh Goater. Calder Cannons. 190 79
Tyler Sonsie. Eastern Rangers. 181 76
Ben Hobbs. GWS Rebels. 183 80
Campbell Chesser. Sandringham Dragons. 186 83
Brayden Andrews. Oakleigh Chargers. 189 83
Yeah, he looked good. Whilst half back, he definitely has midfield traits!
I've heard of Chesser but couldn't see him yesterday. I was keen to get to the Dragons vs Chargers game, but was away.
Sonsie I've heard good things, going to watch him closely. Oliver Davis from Tassie another strong midfielder to keep an eye on this year, although an overeager.
I'll keep an eye on those guys and others and report back, midfield absolute priority.

Where was Johnson yesterday?

Last edited:
I made a list of our NGA Prospects for those who want to keep track. Those who are greyed out are players I haven't been able to find any statistics on, this doesn't mean they haven't played as the WAFL isn't great with keeping stats, especially with the futures. Those in bold are players I think have the potential to be at least rookies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abrha, Jacob – East Perth

Alforque, Henry – Claremont

Basnet, Prabhakar – East Fremantle??? (Willetton Cricket Club?)

Berry, Jordan – West Perth

Black, Petra – East Perth???

Creswell, Ashwin – Swan Districts??? (Kalamunda)

Crisan, Jael – Subiaco??? (Carine)

Cubahiro, Bonheur – East Perth

Dainton, Thomas - ???

Deng, Yong – Swan Districts

Farmer, Richard - Subiaco

Fawcett, Braydon - Claremont

Garlett, Malcolm - Subiaco

Gates, Saxon - ???

Henry, Toby – Perth

Hill, Daniel (Robertson) - Subiaco

Humphries, Lawson – Swan Districts - Good prospect, would be a solid late pick

Kelly, Levi – East Perth

Kickett, Jordan - Perth

Mankane, Manase – ???

Myeong, Jeremy - ???

Regan, Ethan – East Perth - Seems to get a decent amount of the ball and kicks a few goals. Probably our best prospect.

Roberts, Sidney – East Perth

Soka, Sokaa – East Perth - Likes to tackle (is he a ruck or KPP who occasionally rucks?). Will keep an eye on him as I'm not entirely sure if he deserves the bold.

Thomas, Tyler - ???

Tough, Oliver - ???

Tozawa, Jack - Subiaco

Ugle, Jamison – Swan Districts - Would be happy to rookie him

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any info that on greyed-out players I missed? Any insights into the players?

To be honest, I don't think we have much trade bait on our playing list, and given we've not got much left in this playing group I think we're best just going to the draft at seasons end.

189251.jpg

Give Oscar Allen all of the money.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I made a list of our NGA Prospects for those who want to keep track. Those who are greyed out are players I haven't been able to find any statistics on, this doesn't mean they haven't played as the WAFL isn't great with keeping stats, especially with the futures. Those in bold are players I think have the potential to be at least rookies.

Abrha, Jacob – East Perth

Alforque, Henry – Claremont

Basnet, Prabhakar – East Fremantle??? (Willetton Cricket Club?)

Berry, Jordan – West Perth

Black, Petra – East Perth???

Creswell, Ashwin – Swan Districts??? (Kalamunda)

Crisan, Jael – Subiaco??? (Carine)

Cubahiro, Bonheur – East Perth

Dainton, Thomas - ???

Deng, Yong – Swan Districts

Farmer, Richard - Subiaco

Fawcett, Braydon - Claremont

Garlett, Malcolm - Subiaco

Gates, Saxon - ???

Henry, Toby – Perth

Hill, Daniel (Robertson) - Subiaco

Humphries, Lawson – Swan Districts - Good prospect, would be a solid late pick

Kelly, Levi – East Perth

Kickett, Jordan - Perth

Mankane, Manase – ???

Myeong, Jeremy - ???

Regan, Ethan – East Perth - Seems to get a decent amount of the ball and kicks a few goals. Probably our best prospect.

Roberts, Sidney – East Perth

Soka, Sokaa – East Perth - Likes to tackle (is he a ruck or KPP who occasionally rucks?). Will keep an eye on him as I'm not entirely sure if he deserves the bold.

Thomas, Tyler - ???

Tough, Oliver - ???

Tozawa, Jack - Subiaco

Ugle, Jamison – Swan Districts - Would be happy to rookie him

Any info that on greyed-out players I missed? Any insights into the players?
Young Richard Farmer from Subi, The Wizzes nephew, has some wheels and some nice tricks. Needs to clean up his ball use though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few of my contacts in Vic reckon he goes top 5.
Attacking rebounding HBF that has some Midfielder traits - 186 72.

View attachment 1105191 View attachment 1105192 View attachment 1105193

ECE: Can I give you some home work to complete as the season goes on.

At this stage I am not sure if I will make the Championships this year, so your astute thoughts on the following players, if you see some of their games would be appreciated.

They are all midfielders ......... surprise ........ surprise.

Anyway the list :

Ned Long. Northern Knights. 192 88
Josh Goater. Calder Cannons. 190 79
Tyler Sonsie. Eastern Rangers. 181 76
Ben Hobbs. GWS Rebels. 183 80
Campbell Chesser. Sandringham Dragons. 186 83
Brayden Andrews. Oakleigh Chargers. 189 83
Long has had a couple of big games. A 26P/3G game and a 31 & 3 game.

Sonsie with a 32 & 2 and a 21 & 2.

Rachele averaging about 20 and 2.5 goals as a fwd/mid. Like this guy.

Sinn - been a little slow out of the blocks imo, but still providing plenty of run and drive. Averaging around 20.

Hobbs, played the 1 game and had a 22 and 8 tackle game.

Andrews is injured I believe.

Last edited:
Patrick cripps looks cooked . Banged up slow as treacle and an average kick of the ball . Carlton would be crazy to give him a long term deal on big money .

I'm glad we have already told our players we won't be chasing any big money recruits at seasons end

Nick Daicos got 40 disposals and 2 goals on the weekend, Pies got a likely pick 1 or 2 on their hands.
Game 1 for Oakleigh, 28 disposals and 3 goals, Game 2 30 disposals and 3 goals. What a start to the year!!!

Thorne looking good playing SANFL seniors too, battle between the 2 for pick 1.

Nick Daicos got 40 disposals and 2 goals on the weekend, Pies got a likely pick 1 or 2 on their hands.
Game 1 for Oakleigh, 28 disposals and 3 goals, Game 2 30 disposals and 3 goals. What a start to the year!!!

Thorne looking good playing SANFL seniors too, battle between the 2 for pick 1.

Be hilarious if they finish last though

Be hilarious if they finish last though
I know they've changed the academy rules to something like 'cannot match in the first round'. Haven't heard of the same change to F/S. Happy to be corrected on that.

If no change for F/s then they'd be laughing. They'd take Thorne Horne (edit - thanks Monocle) and then match the North pick 2 bid on Daicos, ending up with both.

Edit - from what monocle said, they've traded out their round 1 pick so all that'll happen is they get a free hit under the F/S rules. So for them no change regardless of ladder position.

Last edited:
No change to FS.

This.

Thats why Collingwood traded out their 2021 first rounder last draft night.

Not wanting to nit pick but the player that at this point in time to go # 1 is Jason HORNE - South Adelaide.

It’s just a typo by Eastcoasteagles it’s not Thorne.

Horne is a gun already played senior football.

He is one of three South Adelaide midfielders predicted to go in the first round:

Jason Horne 184 78
Arlo Draper 185 71
Matthew Roberts 183 81

What an impressive contribution from South Adelaide. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back