List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Have you given up on Brander as CHB?

He was part of the Patrick Cripps trade, along with all our draft picks for the next 4 years.

Then Cripps went and pulled the pin at the end of 2024 cos his body really was shot.

Thank god we already had our 2025 team on the list in 2021 or we’d be stuffed!

AFL Draft winners and losers: Eagles badly burnt by rivals, Pies get sweet revenge

Losers

WEST COAST EAGLES

The Eagles had long been tracked Tyler Brockman from Western Australia with their first selection. However, it was Hawthorn who swooped with Pick 46 and were able to grab the Subiaco product. Brockman averaged 4.7 tackles in the Colts and showed off his elite speed. In the end, the club had to settle for South Australian utility Luke Edwards, who didn’t receive a nomination by Adelaide heading into the draft. In the end, they went with a small at Pick 57 with Isiah Winder joining the club. His athletic traits are through the roof with the explosive small forward testing in the top 10 for vertical leap, 20m sprint and agility test.

:straining:

AFL Draft winners and losers: Eagles badly burnt by rivals, Pies get sweet revenge

Losers

WEST COAST EAGLES

The Eagles had long been tracked Tyler Brockman from Western Australia with their first selection. However, it was Hawthorn who swooped with Pick 46 and were able to grab the Subiaco product. Brockman averaged 4.7 tackles in the Colts and showed off his elite speed. In the end, the club had to settle for South Australian utility Luke Edwards, who didn’t receive a nomination by Adelaide heading into the draft. In the end, they went with a small at Pick 57 with Isiah Winder joining the club. His athletic traits are through the roof with the explosive small forward testing in the top 10 for vertical leap, 20m sprint and agility test.

I forgot we were linked to Brockman , to be honest i dont think that is much of a loss?

Losers

WEST COAST EAGLES

i was actually shocked that hawks took Brockman. I wasn't even convinced we should look at him, and we were desperate. When they called his name out i was pretty stoked because it forced WCE to take someone left-field

WOW, you can tell he's an entitled litthe s*** just from looking at him?

As a young mid looking for opportunity and experience playing at a famous AFL club in front of big crowds................GWS don't crack it mate.

If he was drafted by the Eagles or a decent Vic club I'd bet he'd be smiling.

He's been taken in the top 10 of he national draft. He's living the dream of thousands of kids across the country. He also looks like someone ran over his dog.

He looks like he has a lot of growing up to do if he can't see the opportunity he has been afforded by an above average ability to chase around a pig-skin.

It's also a footy forum so a little hyperbole is par for the course.

In all honesty the kind of clubs who give up on a player because of illness tend to be absolutely trash ones

Dont really want to follow their example

As a example I find it piss poor that St Kilda didnt rookie list Paddy McCartin. If he is ready to come back, you pick him up with your last pick irregardless if you ask me

Not doing so just cheapens your jumper. Shows to me that if you go back into the pack and cop a hit, your club will not stand by you. If I played for Saints id be pulling out of the contest really
With all due respect that’s bullshit Wce are
In all honesty the kind of clubs who give up on a player because of illness tend to be absolutely trash ones

Dont really want to follow their example

As a example I find it piss poor that St Kilda didnt rookie list Paddy McCartin. If he is ready to come back, you pick him up with your last pick irregardless if you ask me

Not doing so just cheapens your jumper. Shows to me that if you go back into the pack and cop a hit, your club will not stand by you. If I played for Saints id be pulling out of the contest really

you need to go and take a Bex and have a lie down , champ ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losers

WEST COAST EAGLES

If we were linked to brockman it was a red herring . We never disclose who we are interested in

Duffield called it. Though if I recall at the time Winder was considered far less of a chance of still being on the board

So does this mean Venables has a chance to play this year, or are we worried about another club poaching him once he is ready to play??? :think:
Otherwise seems like a waste of a list spot.

I think there's a chance the club is doing it solely to be good blokes and do the right thing by him.

EDIT: And I'm more than happy with that.
Damn autocorrect made MORE into a NOT, now I look like the biggest dick ever haha

Last edited:

Losers

WEST COAST EAGLES

Oh noes, we've been written off by the media. That was so terrible last time it happened.

He's been taken in the top 10 of he national draft. He's living the dream of thousands of kids across the country. He also looks like someone ran over his dog.

He looks like he has a lot of growing up to do if he can't see the opportunity he has been afforded by an above average ability to chase around a pig-skin.

It's also a footy forum so a little hyperbole is par for the course.

He wasn't crying like some do when drafted interstate.

He didn't come out pre draft saying he didn't want to move like some did.

He's smiling today in a photo I noted. Sometimes people wear their hearts on their sleeve and he was hoping to go elsewhere, no shame in that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back