List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

It's a moot point anyway by the sounds of it. Eagles have said they wont bring in any new players besides the draft.

Unless other players leave.

Rotham, Brander, Duggan and I believe Foley have yet to re-sign. Could be others.

We obviously don't have spare cash to pay these out of contract players what others can. If one or two decide to chase $$ or a longer deal then list spaces and cap space gets freed up.

And we won't know that until the end of the trade period.

Last edited:
Ricky's off his head. What the fu** do we need a flaky HF for?

Next year we have:
Willie
Ryan
Jones
Petch
Langdon
Cripps

All capable of playing a role.

Ideally it'd be Willi, Ryan, Cripps & Petch with Kennedy and Darling. For all the sh*t that Petch cops, he's still good for 20+ goals a year and has looked like improving when each time his hammies let him down.

J Cameron leaves...................we are pushing for one last big effort in 2022. Winder still a year or two away.

We trade Willie??? :think: :eek::eek:............................tick......

Tick.........

BOOM!!

FOLD THE CLUUUUUUB! :straining: :straining: :oops: :drunk::drunk::drunk:

We were pretty close 2005 & 2006

We were the best team in 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994.

1993 we had some unfortunate ill timed injuries and its worth remembering that the draw in those years was significantly worse than later years.

1991 we did lose the qualifying final at home but then had to play 3 games in a row at Waverley (Semi v Dees who finished 5th - we were first) and then after winning we played a prelim v Geelong at Waverley (Geelong had finished 3rd). We had also played away in the last Round. So we were on the road 4 out of 5 weeks despite finishing Top.

1993 we won our first final away and the had to play the beaten Essendon at the G (because of the rule about finals at the G).

Do we beat the eventual premiers if we get a home final? What about in 1991 when we would have had a home semi and home prelim under current rules and hit Hawthorn after a few weeks at home instead of on the road for a month?

I think its simplistic to say we dropped off.
I'm still pissed off about this, what utter bullshite this was. They call it a national competition, yet allowed stuff like this.
The AFL need to release the stranglehold of the MCG, I was absolutely shocked when they recently signed a 30 year deal to continue to the grand final at the MCG. Not very AFL like at all.

If covid has thrown up one good thing, is the movement of the Grand final the past two years. Optus will be the best grand final spectacle probably ever*

Back to my original point, Bombers supporters here in Victoria were so smug when this happened and reveled in their flogness about it. This is just one part of the reason I hate the bombers and their flog supporters, nothing makes me happier than their long poor standing. May the days between their last finals win continue for many years to come...

*Obviously Dom Sheed breaking Collingwoods hearts was a better spectacle, but I'm more talking about the entire grand final package.

Just for the record, there wasn’t any controversy about Essendon hosting us in 1993. They finished top and lost a qualifying final, we finished 6th and won an elimination final.

We got shafted a few times in the 90s but that wasn’t one of them.

The news we have all been waiting for!!!!

“Brayden Ainsworth heavily linked with to GC Suns & Adelaide Crows”

Source is Ricky Nixon then was mentioned in Vic media along with general trade chat.

may this please come to fruition 🙏🏻
I remember getting a trade speculation sent to me through whatsapp and it was Ricky Nixons speculation, and at the time of reading it it was laugh out loud funny at most of it. But I remember going back over it after the trade period and I reckon 50% of it was true and happened. So whilst he's been disgraced, he obviously still has plenty of contacts in the industry so don't disregard.

I'm still pissed off about this, what utter bullshite this was. They call it a national competition, yet allowed stuff like this.
The AFL need to release the stranglehold of the MCG, I was absolutely shocked when they recently signed a 30 year deal to continue to the grand final at the MCG. Not very AFL like at all.

If covid has thrown up one good thing, is the movement of the Grand final the past two years. Optus will be the best grand final spectacle probably ever*

Back to my original point, Bombers supporters here in Victoria were so smug when this happened and reveled in their flogness about it. This is just one part of the reason I hate the bombers and their flog supporters, nothing makes me happier than their long poor standing. May the days between their last finals win continue for many years to come...

*Obviously Dom Sheed breaking Collingwoods hearts was a better spectacle, but I'm more talking about the entire grand final package.
Time to let it go fella.

Just for the record, there wasn’t any controversy about Essendon hosting us in 1993. They finished top and lost a qualifying final, we finished 6th and won an elimination final.

We got shafted a few times in the 90s but that wasn’t one of them.
Sorry I got my years confused(was a while ago), it was 96 that we got screwed!
We finished 4th and they Bombers finished 6th, both won our first finals.
But because the Bears finished 3rd and also won their first final, they had a final at the Gabba.
Ours which should've been a home final, was moved to the MCG vs the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But because the Bears finished 3rd and also won their first final, they had a final at the Gabba.

It was worse than that, Bombers actually lost. But the two highest ranked losers survived and played the two lowest ranked winners. So we finished above them, beat a team that also finished above them, but had to “host” them at the MCG.

It was worse than that, Bombers actually lost. But the two highest ranked losers survived and played the two lowest ranked winners. So we finished above them, beat a team that also finished above them, but had to “host” them at the MCG.
All this nostalgia makes me think of the word frozen

You guys have got to watch Frozen and just let it go with HoneyBadger35 singing instead of Idina Menzel (I am thinking there might be a new post coming from HB shortly!!)

Half our team will ignore as they were probably watching Hell Freezes Over reunion in 1994 and vividly recall the day

And 2019 to 2021 will be known as the Frozen Siberian Tundra Waste Lands Era

Got to question our recruiting with Johnson not even getting a senior game. Inspired choice also by West Coast to pick up Collins mid season then not offer a contract, what was the thinking there?
May have wanted a closer look at him, got to train with us for a few months and play in our WAFL side... Don't mind it tbh, must have seen something they liked and wanted the chance to assess.

EDIT: Not sure on Johnson, comment above was re: Collins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back