List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I reckon Amiss is an early to mid second rounder.

Might not be Amiss, what if its Mac Andrew?

View attachment 1214992

Just curious ROB if you do draft a tall with our first .............. in the future, just who the hell are you planning to kick the ball to our tall forwards ?
Quite possibly or maybe Gibcus or maybe Van Rooyen but he seems 3rd tall type.

I like Andrew, but surely not. Surely we go best available, and that would have to be a mid.

The Tim Kelly at Geelong was worth it but he hasn't reproduced that form at West Coast yet. I think a combination of injuries and game style has affected him but it is too soon to judge him as a failure.

Agreed. We'd also written off Redden and Jetta after an underwhelming couple of years and they ended up being guns in a premiership team. Obviously Kelly cost a bit more than those guys, but he was starting to play some very good footy before he got injured.

Quite possibly or maybe Gibcus or maybe Van Rooyen but he seems 3rd tall type.

I like Andrew, but surely not. Surely we go best available, and that would have to be a mid.

I reckon Gibcus is the first tall taken and is off the board before we pick.

Van Rooyen is 194 and very mobile and quick, I have seen a lot of him and you are correct he will be a third tall at the next level.
Pity he had glandular fever early in the season, as he early season form in the league was very encouraging, since his return at Colts level he has been impressive.
At league for Claremont he played both at FF and then a few games at CHB, quality kid too.

Oh I agree 100% with you on the flawed fixation on tall's, has to be BPA with our first pick and that in my calculations will be a midfielder.

Any speculation on info out of the Club, I take with a mighty grain of salt, almost to the point that if we are linked to a certain player then that's almost a guarantees that we won't be taking them.

For all his faults one thing ROB is a master at is keeping his cards close to his chest.

I see Brander playing wing/ on ball.

If I was coaching West Coast I’d just bookmark him as an inside midfielder and get Yeo to mentor him. A player who many on this forum doubted his ability to play anywhere but the flanks.

Brander is relatively strong through the core even though he’s not mature, gets hands free, has a good side step, burst of speed and is at his best when he doesn’t have a choice but to stand over the ball.

Drilling him as a midfielder will make him a better and more versatile wingman. The more he plays on ball, the more he’ll find himself drifting forward and put himself under the ball. It’s easy to get way out of position on a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t disagree with this but I’m not convinced Brander has the same manic competitive streak that Yeo has. To me it’s the one thing holding Brander back - he has all the tools to succeed but needs a heavy diet of angry pills

I don't think Amiss has the athletic qualities to go top 10 or so.

What I do think however is that most key position prospects these days whether they be forwards or backs tend to be multi position players when developed. IE most juniors at champs level are really more CHF types and the defenders intercepting CHB types (the top end ones anyways)

What draws me to Amiss is he is very much a full forward. There's a lot of Jack Riewoldt about him. If he has a good very good champs I wouldn't hesitate in drafting him, even with our first if it's after losing Brander and we are able to trade our two second round picks a little higher up the order.

He's come from the country with less of an elite pathway to most other WA juniors. There's just something about him to me.

Last edited:
I don't think Amiss has the athletic qualities to go top 10 or so.

What I do think however is that most key position prospects these days whether they be forwards or backs tend to be multi position players when developed. IE most juniors at champs level are really more CHF types and the defenders intercepting CHB types (the top end ones anyways)

What draws me to Amiss is he is very much a full forward. There's a lot of Jack Riewoldt about him. If he has a good very good champs I wouldn't hesitate in drafting him, even with our first if it's after losing Brander and we are able to trade our two second round picks a little higher up the order.

He's come from a country with less of an elite pathway to most other WA juniors. There's just something about him to me.

Do you think he is in the 12 -14 best footballer in this years cohort?

I reckon Amiss is an early to mid second rounder.

Might not be Amiss, what if its Mac Andrew?

View attachment 1214992

Just curious ROB if you do draft a tall with our first .............. in the future, just who the hell are you planning to kick the ball to our tall forwards ?

Big kicking half back flankers firing off cruise missiles over the midfield is the 2022 game plan.

To be fair, current midfield simply needs to do its job. If we could pick up a jack Steele type (I know, not asking for much), our soft midfielders would thrive knowing they don’t have to throw a tackle and would absolutely destroy the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the team is in lockdown and no idea where O’Brien is but a good list manager would already be in Perth ready for the exit interviews.

I cannot imagine exit interviews being done by zoom so I suggest we will wait to hear the news.

I’ve had it watching O’Brien wasting first and second round picks avoiding inside mids. Last best 22 mid was Sheed. Venables was fobbed as a mid. Likewise Duggan, he’ll even Bond tried to tell us Allen was a mid.

Time to forget history and prove yourself Buggs Bunny O’Brien. Not at all wanting Amiss with our first. I am happy to disagree with RE about Allen being undersized. If you only get the ball inside 50 half as much as your opponent to a 200+ cm FF, it ain’t going win you games.

Ok using one of our seconds to get a kpp. Expecting a Brander trade to give us another decent (though not early) pick.

Go hard for Doggies R1.

Get a blue collar mid - Sheldrick, Dittmar, Warner, etc

The selection of Vardy over Williams has been a waste of developing Bailey- albeit he needs to avoid the basketball crap.

Hopefully Vozzo stays close on the list management side and we avoid O’Brien saying “that’s all folks”

He will almost certainly get the oppositions best defender in the champs. If he can continue an average of 4-5 shots on goal a game and get separation then yeah I would. Will also be interesting to see if he's grown even 1cm or so since the start of the year.

Mind you if he performs poorly and Van Rooyen performs well I wouldn't hesitate on Van Rooyen with one of our second round picks and if Rhett Bazzo has a good champs I wouldn't be against taking him with the second of our second round picks.

As mids for our first round pick I like Hobbs, Roberts, Chesser, Johnson and Ward. Not necessarily in that order.

Hmmm has he? maybe as a 3rd best tall?

In big finals, with good full backs who themselves are getting to 200cm tall, he may have a problem

when you just need someone to simply take a big grab.

Oh I think we have that covered.

download-7.jpg download-8.jpg images-12.jpg

Agreed. We'd also written off Redden and Jetta after an underwhelming couple of years and they ended up being guns in a premiership team. Obviously Kelly cost a bit more than those guys, but he was starting to play some very good footy before he got injured.
Tk was putting a great season(not geelong level) before he got injured against the bombers.

I also want a 4th pick in that 20-35 mark to pick up another maybe less rounded and skilled but hard at it Mid with good size, accumulation and tackling.

With him already being much heavier and on the large side for mids at Colts level I can see Dittmar dropping down the draft order and potentially being an option at pick 50.

I knoe Edwards physically has to chuck more weight on but does he have the capability to play as shut down player? They made a point on him that he plays exactly like TB and Gov cause thats what he see's but to me thats how he played in the 2's as well.

No idea who or what, but we have earmarked a KPP forward for pick 10 I’m pretty sure
Very depressing information if true. In a team crying out for young class midfielders and we’re picking another ****ing project forward. What was that insanity definition? We won’t be doing the same thing twice but three or four times or even more. How many picks have to be burned before they get it right? How many fails do you have to have before someone wises up and gets the arse? Everyone has been banging on about too many talls in the forward line and they are planning to compound the problem. Unbelievable!

What is Oscar Allen’s future? Dead wing replacing Brander? Hawthorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back