Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Pick 4 Anthony Morabito
Pick 7 Brad Sheppard

Pick 20 Jayden Pitt
Pick 26 Jack Darling
Pick 29 Scott Lycett

Swings and roundabouts, you win some and you lose some

Then add in 2011 when we had pick 28 and they had pick 29. We took McInnes, they took Alex Forster (who?). Yeo went 30 and Brad Hill went at 33.

Pick 4 Anthony Morabito
Pick 7 Brad Sheppard

Pick 20 Jayden Pitt
Pick 26 Jack Darling
Pick 29 Scott Lycett

Swings and roundabouts, you win some and you lose some

Also rookie draft - Jeremy McGovern

Everyone complaining about Freo pinching all the WA-based talent before us, like that’s all we’re able to take.

Draper (SA), Goater (Vic), Roberts (SA), Chasser (Vic) all sound like players who’ll be available around our pick who’d fill our need for quality mids with speed and agility.

I don’t see why we should be limited to the best available players at Subi or East Perth.

This is true as we are good at retention unlike Freo.

All i want is an A+ capable mid.

The obvious gaps in our squad are;

1) Line breaking run and skill out of defense, ideally via a Wirra/Jetta type. Needs to be a quality player and I'd be prepared to give up our most trade/draft currency to fill this gaping hole in our makeup.

2) A NicNat backup or succession plan. It was embarrassing having to advocate to keep playing Vardy. Fix it.

3) Ground ball hardness all over the ground and particularly the midfield. Been saying this since Kerr retired. Might need to start looking for players outside of Scotch College even.

Morabito was unfortunate - great potential.

Agree.

Can’t really fault the Pitt and Morabito picks as talent wise the kids could play.
Both careers, unfortunately, obliterated by injury and medical issues.

Agree.

Can’t really fault the Pitt and Morabito picks as talent wise the kids could play.
Both careers, unfortunately, obliterated by injury and medical issues.
Pitt over Darling and Lycett was a big "?!". The slagging of Darling was very OTT that year, you look at the KPF's taken ahead of him (Sam Day, Lucas Cook, Patrick Karnezis) that all bombed.

Shuey‘s good friend, David Zaharakis is available.
If he is not expensive and WCE is decided to have another crack at the premiership in 2022, he should be a good get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont we?

Williams and a future 1st would get it done if English wanted out and Dogs obliged.

Last year of Shuey's contract 2022.
English is too soft for the ruck and too s**t for the forward line. We're not exactly lacking for talls. I'd prefer to keep our future first which will be a bottom 4 pick if we dont turn our form around.

You should see the prices atm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You should see whats being used as substitutes!

Turns 32 before the start of next season.

Hard pass.

So what you are saying is that Gellong will beat us to the punch and get him before he can sign with us.

Bunch of ..... argh 😤.....never mind .

Last edited:
Apologies lads, I did some work in that same aged residents home again today and I asked again about Jake, now she's not so sure whats going to happen and reckons Simmo doesn't talk to the players about contracts.

I'm calling bullshite on her story...sorry

Apologies lads, I did some work in that same aged residents home again today and I asked again about Jake, now she's not so sure whats going to happen and reckons Simmo doesn't talk to the players about contracts.

I'm calling bullshite on her story...sorry
Thanks for the update but I didn't believe it in the first instance.

Edit: Is Alec still getting loads of clunge though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back