List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Discussing Gov playing forward is a bit like me discussing what mine and Scarlett Johanssons baby will look like. It aint happening so lets move on

If Gov was second ruck he’d spend some time forward I’d imagine, he nearly clunked a mark in the forward line in our last game?

I really dislike people saying something isn’t going to happen like they know something we all don’t , let’s all love along. If people want to talk about, who the * are you to shut them down? Unless you’re Adam Simpson, shut the * up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Darling is only effective as a 3rd tall now, closer to goal. He's lost a yard of pace but still works hard with short leads, hook leads etc to get free. But he's too short to be standing in the pack on the wing. I'd rather he roam around inside 50, as long as he keeps out of Oscar's way.
McGovern if fully fit can easily put on a lead up to the wing and double back. Aside from the last year where he's been zoning more he's spent 6 years chasing around key forwards. It's not as if he needs to start his lead from the goal square. A 40m lead up to the wing starting from 35m out is stuff all. If we can get him fit he's our best option.
When has Gov ever chased anyone....

If Gov was second ruck he’d spend some time forward I’d imagine, he nearly clunked a mark in the forward line in our last game?

I really dislike people saying something isn’t going to happen like they know something we all don’t , let’s all love along. If people want to talk about, who the fu** are you to shut them down? Unless you’re Adam Simpson, shut the fu** up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Should we look at Talia as a delisted free agent? Play Gov in the Vardy role as a forward and part time ruck to support NN, then Barrass can play the looser defender which he has shown he can do (and is better at than lockdown).

We got smashed one on one in defence, Talia (if we're actually going to try and squeeze one more shot out of the group) could be a decent short term option whilst Edwards hits the gym...

I’ve said it a few times as well, let’s use Gov as second ruck, and then floating around the ground (resting forward and back) means we can play Edwards and Barrass and Gov in the same team. He always talks up his want to play ruck, so let him do it? He can’t play any worse than he has the last 18 months, so why not try it? Would solve a lot of problems, and would allow Allen to stay forward

Takeaways from that article:

- Duggan set to sign a 3 year deal
- Johnson is a chance of a new contract (maybe put on the rookie list) but this part seemed like the journo's best guess rather than actual info
- Ah Chee, Hutchings and Jones don't have contracts in front of them yet
- Brander and WC yet to have any conversations

So what are the pros and cons in the Dittmar vs Sheldrick debate from those that have seen both of them play.
Dittmar looks more appealing on paper - Bigger, stronger tackler, gets more frees for (first to the ball?) both hit the scoreboard a bit.
4fbc66beb1edcd9a831bf32b2b23ba19.png

Mate...

- Johnson is a chance of a new contract (maybe put on the rookie list) but this part seemed like the journo's best guess rather than actual info

Not even having a conversation has to mean Brander is moving surely?

Just pray it isnt North.

Just pray it isnt North.

Highly likely.

Well the rest of his family are North Melbourne supporters.
He was the black sheep ( or blue and yellow ) of the family and chose to barrack for West Coast.

Rawlings drafted him in his draft year so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if North are into him.

If that’s the case we will get sweet FA for him as they can PSD him for the loss of zero draft capital......things could well go from bad to worse .

Let’s hope the rumour mill is correct and that Mitchell wants him at Hawthorn to replace Gunston.

Highly likely.

Well the rest of his family are North Melbourne supporters.
He was the black sheep ( or blue and yellow ) of the family and chose to barrack for West Coast.

Rawlings drafted him in his draft year so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if North are into him.

If that’s the case we will get sweet FA for him as they can PSD him for the loss of zero draft capital......things could well go from bad to worse .

Let’s hope the rumour mill is correct and that Mitchell wants him at Hawthorn to replace Gunston.

So if it were the Hawks what would/could we ask for in return?

5 for Brander +10 is probably the dream scenario (maybe the 'what drugs are you on' scenario!)

They hold 21 and 24 - one of those picks seems about right to me - 10, 24, 29, 36(pending PA final position) would be not-a-bad draft hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if it were the Hawks what would/could we ask for in return?

5 for Brander +10 is probably the dream scenario (maybe the 'what drugs are you on' scenario!)

They hold 21 and 24 - one of those picks seems about right to me - 10, 24, 29, 36(pending PA final position) would be not-a-bad draft hand.
Then try and package up picks to get WB's first given they need points for Darcy?

Then try and package up picks to get WB's first given they need points for Darcy?

That's the dream. Even if they lose this week at best it is pick 14. That is obviously prior to the Daicos and Darcy bids (so 16 on draft night).

Dogs currently only have 14, plus 69 (which is 49 points) and will need between 1800-2000 points to match the bid. If they try to do it in one trade then there will be one of their futures involved also (either 1st or 2nd... depending what is on offer and from who) to get to the required points.

Get JJ a contract - kid had injury concerns but impressed me this year.

Get JJ a contract - kid had injury concerns but impressed me this year.

Im 99% sure they have gone back on what they originally said which is JJ was offered a 1 year deal to stay on. Id suggest its up in the air still based on list decisions but he would definetly be ahead of anyone else on our rookie list as far as staying on it goes outside of Zane Trew

Is this another one of your inside info?

Nah no idea on his contract. I do remember seeing it written we offered him a 1 year deal

Brander will be off to Hawthorn. Would have to take a big ass change ie. big contract offer elsewhere to stop that happening. I really think we get nothing more then a 2nd rounder pick upgade and Hawks best 3rd rounder.

Nah no idea on his contract. I do remember seeing it written we offered him a 1 year deal

Brander will be off to Hawthorn. Would have to take a big ass change ie. big contract offer elsewhere to stop that happening. I really think we get nothing more then a 2nd rounder pick upgade and Hawks best 3rd rounder.

So you are just speculating like the rest of us. Thanks for clarifying.

If Simpson really thinks we should have another tilt at finals in 2022, I hope we chase Collingwoods 2022 first round draft pick instead of the Bulldogs 2021 pick.

With their draft capital as is, they will forfeit ALL their picks in this years draft and go into next year with a 425 point deficit. They won't get to draft anyone until either Round 5 of the draft or after everyone else has already passed :oops:

Good opportunity to load up on picks next year, and start the rebuild in 2023. Instead of loading up on draftees for 2022 who will sit in the WAFL while our squad of geriatrics play seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back