List Mgmt. Contracts, trades, draft - 2022 superstar edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players -

Exciting Aquinas youngster Ashton Warner, whose two older brothers have both already found their way to Sydney, is continuing to develop since debuting in round 1 and played his best game for the school against Trinity.

“He is obviously only young and probably just picking up the pace of the game but he had a pretty good second half and got on the end of a few, so he is growing in confidence every week and is a true competitor — as they all are,” Quinten Lynch said.

Warners.jpg

I don't care what we have to do, but we need to draft Reuben Ginbey.

Been watching juniors for a long time, and this is a kid that wont be first picked but will end up close to best player in this draft.
Very similar to Carltons Cripps in his draft.

When he plays half back he is very very good one on one, is strong tough and always tackles.
he is lightning quick and a good kick of the footy

He goes into the middle and he has that power burst no one can stop.

Just love this kid get Beau Waters vibes from him oozes leadership players walk taller around him.

If we can get him with our second pick it would be a bargain.
Him and Connor McDonald would both be good pick ups.

Gibney McDonald.jpg

Eli Smith with 33 and 3 goals for Lions.

Fair chance of being let go this season after niggly injuries have slowed him down.

Would not be unhappy to rookie him this off season or get him as a train on player if he was interested.

If that is Ely Smith and he's putting up those numbers in the VFL and still not getting a game they really do have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young midfielders. On exposed form he's better than any of our young midfielders and will only get better.

Eli Smith and Robertson are both worth well above their trade value and are better than any young smalls on our list bar Hough and potentially Chesser and Culley.

Guys who are AFL standard and will continue to get better that are aged 20-22 are well worth picking up in trades. Brisbane also need list spots.

I have always worked on the perspective that you should use every opportunity you have to improve your list. If we were to finish last a gentlemans agreement not to bid on ashcroft plus ports second would likely secure both players and you give them 3 year contracts and just cut out more of the dead wood.

These sort of actions require deep list cuts and may even involve contracted players retiring or being traded.

Not sure why Taj Campbell-Farrell isn't getting mentioned much. Been tearing it up recently particularly after we got Culley.
View attachment 1416994

Just on drafting Vic kids. Considering we are not a great ground ball side and dont play well in slippery, wet conditions I would encourage us to continue adding good interstate mids proven who play well in wet conditions.

Cullay plus Wardlaw would be two such players. But we need to add more shorter mIds who can win ground balls in not perfect conditions.

Just on drafting Vic kids. Considering we are not a great ground ball side and dont play well in slippery, wet conditions I would encourage us to continue adding good 8nterstate mids proven who play well in wet conditions.

Cullay plus Wardlaw would be two such players. But we need to add more shorter mIds who can win ground balls in not perfect conditions.
Yeah Taj backed it up with 31 disposals and 12 tackles and 0.2 yesterday so he definitely has good defensive intent. Wardlaw went back and did well at St Kevin's. I guess they are managing his workload.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would seriously consider trading Nicnat to a team who needs a ruck for a couple of top end draft picks

If you seriously think that we would get a top end draft pick for Nic Nat, then you have consumed way too many of these.

download.jpg

We would get what the AFL would allocate us for having lost an UFA, which would be a pick that resembled something about as valuable as this.

download-1.jpg

Last edited:
Monocle I'm curious as to what you would do if you were list Manager mate? Would you cut hard, hit the draft?
Besides the usual names that keep coming up, do you see any potential trade targets and moneyball style picks?

Would you have liked to seen Florenca taken with our 2nd MSD pick given we'll be retiring two of our most senior players EOY. (Or anyone one else who was still available that you would have taken?)

The amount of ex-pat Perth people who move to Sydney for work, different opportunities, become Bondi w***ers, etc is incredible. Since I've been living here, I've always said Sydney is like Perth x2 (double the population, work opportunities, traffic, snobbery, beaches, etc) so I can see why Swans players don't want to leave.

Ultimately why I think we have no hope with getting Warner is he looks like the head of the new wave of young swans who have an incredible bond/ culture/ belief. Especially considering where we are at.

Wow. Maybe in the past but I watched him first hand Sat night.

He was 20m in front of me doing some good team things.

Maybe the bloke is learning!
Sharps great so long as there’s no opposition player with in 20m of him. Even wingers need some contested side to them game.

Really okay to keep Gaffy was good yesterday but maybe a swap for a player like Denver Grainger-Barrass could be good for both teams ... Grainger-Barrass huge potential though injury has made it tough , signed an extension also but you never know .

Really okay to keep Gaffy was good yesterday but maybe a swap for a player like Denver Grainger-Barrass could be good for both teams ... Grainger-Barrass huge potential though injury has made it tough , signed an extension also but you never know .
Hawks wouldn't do it mate...They're short of young quality defenders as it is. Plus they'll want extras.

Yeah Taj backed it up with 31 disposals and 12 tackles and 0.2 yesterday so he definitely has good defensive intent. Wardlaw went back and did well at St Kevin's. I guess they are managing his workload.

Part of me just wants us to take Wardlaw, would be good have someone from my school at the club. Can't believe we lost to Xavs, absolute Kents.

I wouldn't mind the Eagles going after Darcy Cameron... He's from WA, may be a bit older than you'd like at 26 but can step in and lead the ruck now, tap work is good, he's great around the ground with a good tank and is good up forward too. He's out of contract and behind Grundy when he gets back from injury so would probably jump at a move knowing Nic Nat probably only has a year left before lead ruck duties are his.

Just on list management - not sure how many caught this rather underwhelming article in yesterdays West.

An interview with ROB. In two parts.

View attachment 1417157

View attachment 1417192

1. Agree with that. Need to wait for full season and then assess.
2. Even if they have discussed it, they're not going to reveal
3. This one worries me but clubs always say and think that. It's their job. They are in a different world to us. Personally, I think even with fully fit Shuey, Yeo, Sheed, and Kelly - I think time has past that midfield by and most likely the new midfielders will take time to get up to speed.

Exciting Aquinas youngster Ashton Warner, whose two older brothers have both already found their way to Sydney, is continuing to develop since debuting in round 1 and played his best game for the school against Trinity.

“He is obviously only young and probably just picking up the pace of the game but he had a pretty good second half and got on the end of a few, so he is growing in confidence every week and is a true competitor — as they all are,” Quinten Lynch said.

View attachment 1416763
Sydney need more Cola... cant afford shoes.

Q.Lynch also said "its ya Ferkin boys dream"

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back