Mega Thread COVID & AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Team,
as the season is approaching and there’s still much to discuss with regards to covid, please use this thread to talk about it and the potential impacts of it on the AFL season and the league more broadly. Please note however that if you want to talk about the politics of covid, the politics thread is the place for this and political posts in this thread will be deleted, please keep this thread to how it may impact the competition

I wonder what the percentage is?

There was some talk earlier that the players didn't want to be seen to be "Jumping the Que".

The cricketers said the same thing. which TBH is kind of insane. They are high risk due to the amount of travel they do, they should be at the front of the queue for good public health reasons.

the teams should all have the vaccine by now surely.

I think both AFL and NRL players will get vaccinated at end of the year for those that choose too.

Probably worried about possible unknown side-effects as well possibility they may miss a game if they do it during the season.

Plus dont want to be seen jumping the queue as well seeing as all the do gooders out there already whinge about the preferential treatment they get regarding border closures

Plus dont want to be seen jumping the queue as well seeing as all the do gooders out there already whinge about the preferential treatment they get regarding border closures
Anyone can "jump the queue" and get AstraZeneca now. AFL could have organised jabs during the bye week just gone and the second over the bye week just before finals.

Can see the Sydney’s game against us in geelong now moved West.. maybe no fans though depending on how strict WA’s borders are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Melbourne locksdown where do the rest of the Melbourne sides go.
QLD and SA both have covid problems.
Will the AFL take a chance on either.

WA could do three-four matches a weekend with crowds.

I’m betting Sydney will be at Optus next week. Money rules the afl. Big media Mundies 350th. Full crowd.

If AFL games can be played at Ballarat then Fremantle, Leederville and Peel could all host non Freo and Eagle games.
It's rubbish that WA don't have enough suitable grounds.
Ballarat was redeveloped for AFL though, has larger stands than any of those listed.

Having said that if those grounds are good enough for AFLW games then they should be good enough for AFL games.
Have to avoid WAFL clashes though

Freo, Leederville, Rushton & Joondalup have all recently done AFL preseason games. No way those grounds aren't up to playing and broadcasting requirements.

Shoot Sounness Park at Mt Barker hosted us v Crows preseason a couple of years ago. It was good enough for broadcasting from and playing on then.

4 premership points up for grabs at Mt Barker? I'd like to see that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back