Fixture Cricket Australia men's contract list 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

As I've said NONE of Renshaw, Harris, Bancroft should have got one. NONE.

There's just no need
Yes I can understand that Luke but you still haven't answered the question as to why Harris got one over Bancroft

thats what I don't get

If you compare the two players

bancroft has scored more shield tons in the past two years ..leading runscorer in the shield

bancroft provides a Right hand option at the top that gives you left right hand openers

bancroft better fielder ...great slipper and great backpad plus he can backup as keeper with the gloves if needed..

Harris provides very little for me.....maybe his experience playing in county conditions ???

Yes I can understand that Luke but you still haven't answered the question as to why Harris got one over Bancroft

thats what I don't get

If you compare the two players

bancroft has scored more shield tons in the past two years ..leading runscorer in the shield

bancroft provides a Right hand option at the top that gives you left right hand openers

bancroft better fielder ...great slipper and great backpad plus he can backup as keeper with the gloves if needed..

Harris provides very little for me.....maybe his experience playing in county conditions ???

I dislike Harris and he is very ordinary at best but he's been around the squad the last year, he's always going to be ahead unfortunately. Look is Bancroft better maybe, but he hasn't played a test in how long? No. He's not getting a contract mate.

Two years ago there was 17 on this list, and now there's 25.

Considering you can earn a contract by playing a certain number of games for Australia, I'm not sure why the larger number is necessary.

And I'd love to know the last person to be given a contract before having played for Australia. I've gone back a few years and haven't found one yet.

Considering you can earn a contract by playing a certain number of games for Australia, I'm not sure why the larger number is necessary.

And I'd love to know the last person to be given a contract before having played for Australia. I've gone back a few years and haven't found one yet.

Was Green given one before he played?

Okay let me ask this when Haze is injured who are your TWO backup quicks (assume Starc, Cummins are in the side). Haze can't stay fit neither can Jhye. So who are your two limited overs backup quicks.
Nathan Ellis keeps on being forgotten about. 🤔

I'd say there's more of an imperative to award contracts to fast bowlers and all-rounders to manage their workload (assuming it works the same in Aus as in England). None of the fringe openers warranted one on performances. Inglis I can understand because if Carey goes down, they'd need someone at short notice to fill in (unless Handscomb was already there).

Which middle order batsmen in the Shield average over 40 over a decent number of games? Hardie? Who else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Green given one before he played?
No.

"West Australian all-rounder Cameron Green has been elevated to his first full contract after playing all four Tests against India last summer and leading all-comers in the Marsh Sheffield Shield with 922 runs at 76.83, including three centuries."

No.

"West Australian all-rounder Cameron Green has been elevated to his first full contract after playing all four Tests against India last summer and leading all-comers in the Marsh Sheffield Shield with 922 runs at 76.83, including three centuries."

Fair enough would have been the only one I could think might have

Might have been Pat in 2011.

Be interesting to see who hits the ground running over in County cricket...Harris v Bancroft.
Is Renshaw playing for Somerset again?

A few players probably on their last contracts - Maxwell, Stoinis, Warner, and Hazlewood.....the latter needs to get on the park more...and the first three really need to deliver on the park, especially in a big series or competition.

Is Renshaw playing for Somerset again?
Australians in the County Championship

Durham:
Matthew Kuhnemann

Essex: Daniel Sams (T20s only)

Glamorgan: Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser

Gloucestershire: Marcus Harris

Hampshire: Nathan Ellis, Ben McDermott (both T20s only)

Kent: Kane Richardson (T20s)

Leicestershire: Peter Handscomb (April and May)

Northamptonshire: Lance Morris (May 4-21), Chris Tremain (April 6-23), Sam Whiteman (until August), Chris Lynn (T20s), Andrew Tye (T20s)

Somerset: Peter Siddle (until July), Cameron Bancroft (until May 7)

Surrey: Sean Abbott (until July), Dan Worrall (UK passport)

Sussex: Nathan McAndrew (until July), Steve Smith (May 4-21)

Warwickshire: Glenn Maxwell (T20s)

Yorkshire: Mickey Edwards (UK passport)

Australians in the County Championship

Durham:
Matthew Kuhnemann

Essex: Daniel Sams (T20s only)

Glamorgan: Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser

Gloucestershire: Marcus Harris

Hampshire: Nathan Ellis, Ben McDermott (both T20s only)

Kent: Kane Richardson (T20s)

Leicestershire: Peter Handscomb (April and May)

Northamptonshire: Lance Morris (May 4-21), Chris Tremain (April 6-23), Sam Whiteman (until August), Chris Lynn (T20s), Andrew Tye (T20s)

Somerset: Peter Siddle (until July), Cameron Bancroft (until May 7)

Surrey: Sean Abbott (until July), Dan Worrall (UK passport)

Sussex: Nathan McAndrew (until July), Steve Smith (May 4-21)

Warwickshire: Glenn Maxwell (T20s)

Yorkshire: Mickey Edwards (UK passport)
Do county sides have a limit on how many overseas players they can sign up.Not good for future English cricketers if their county sides have to many overseas players playing.

Do county sides have a limit on how many overseas players they can sign up.Not good for future English cricketers if their county sides have to many overseas players playing.

Yes there are limits forget what it is exactly

His record over the past two years is superior to Harris...thats why a find it strange that harris has been given a contract

Renshaw

2022 First Class - 42 avg - 4/4
2021 First Class - 32 avg - 0/1

Combined - 1776 runs - 4(50's)/5(100's)

Harris

2022 First Class - 41 avg - 6/4
2021 First Class - 40 avg - 1/3

Combined - 2171 runs - 7(50's)/7(100's)

LoL I get you lot don't like Harris but his numbers are a fair bit superior almost every season. Over 5 First Class years Harris averages about 55 to Renshaws 32.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back