Roast Cripps - time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Today was the day Cripps thought he would increase his productivity by using a duck to constantly type the letter Y

Howard being traded because Westhoff taking his spot down back is incredible. Literally the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

What the club needs to do is come out and say what this is - a rebuild.

To trade out Wingard, Polec & Howard, to a lesser extent Frampton and with potentially SPP to come tomorrow....surely discussions internally must have been held to say "hey, this group isn't going to win the flag, what do we need to do to fasttrack for the next tilt at a flag".

If this is the case, then I can see the validity in what they are doing, as much as it sucks and as much as it leaves us in a terrible position in the short term.

So tell Robbie Gray and Travis Boak "you guys have been champions for us, but for your sake and ours we'd like to consider moving you on to a team where you might be able to win a flag before your careers are done". You don't rebuild by trading out 23 year old key position players.

So tell Robbie Gray and Travis Boak "you guys have been champions for us, but for your sake and ours we'd like to consider moving you on to a team where you might be able to win a flag before your careers are done". You don't rebuild by trading out 23 year old key position players.
Add to that less than a week ago we were preparing to trade pick 10 in a deal for a small forward. That’s not consistent with a planned rebuild.

And if this is the case, why didn't we ******* get rid of John C Hinkley FFS.

Dead set, I try and remain composed for as long as I can to see it all play out and judge at the end. But Cripps' narrative is staggering, regardless of potentially trading up tomorrow.

SACK HIMLEY

Gray, Boak et al hold minimal value.

Jesus I hope thousands of members dont renew * these clowns.
Christ, for Robbie Gray's sake trade him to a contender, what a s**t show

An I reading it right that he said Westhoff pushed Howard out of defense and that was the justification in trading him out?
Is this guy on our payroll or St Kilda’s?
What a shambles this club is. This should be instant dismissal for that reason alone.
Does he have to run these trades past anyone before they can be finalized or does he have free reign to do whatever he likes?

Add to that Ken picking a new gamelan off a dart board each off season and playing players out of position and out of form. Imagine managing a list for a coach like Ken who plays Motlop on the HBF and has his main forward as the target for most kick ins. You could hand him Grundy, Dangerfield and Martin and he'd have them playing as good solid SANFL players by round 10

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Clear to all that we don't have a game plan. It's like my son's U10s team - pick the best 22 available and then work out where to play them.

Cripps mentioning that Westhoff moving down back pushed Dougal out of the back 6. And then in the next minute talks about us building for the long term.

Nothing to see here..

Imagine still sucking on the teat that this is all part of some slow burn cunning plan designed to set us up for a Geelong/Hawthorn/Richmondesque dynasty.

lol

If we were serious with rebuild we would have cut deeper last year and the players on the trade block would be Lycett/Jonas. Basically only 2 with trade value appropriately aged.

Instead we’ve sort of gone half/half and then during the season still played older guys with no future at AFL level over developing kids. Club seems like it’s going in completely different directions from within and year to year too.

Gray, Boak et al hold minimal value.

Champions are champions, there are always clubs out there prepared to pay up for the short term if they think it could be a difference in a flag tilt. We'd get more for either of them than we just got for Dougal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Doug, Ryder, a 1st-rounder, and a 4th;
In: 2 1st, and a 3rd.

Who does approve this things?! Fire this guy...
I am having trouble to see the trade from our perspective. From St. Kilda's, it seems that they have traded:
- pick 10 for Ryder/Doog (overs)
- pick 18/3rd-rounder for pick 14/4th-rounder (overs)

What have we done? The best I have got would be:
- Ryder/#14 for #10;
- Doog/4th for #18/3rd.

Would that be it? How's this supposed to have gotten us overs?

[P.S.: I'm not sure I got the 1st-rounders right, but we got a better and a worse for the one we had.]

Cripps mentioning that Westhoff moving down back pushed Dougal out of the back 6. And then in the next minute talks about us building for the long term.

Nothing to see here..

You think he's being disingenuous?

Westhoff plays defence the way that we want to play it. Yeah, he's old as *, but he's also aggressive with his marking and is quick to move the ball on. So in the short term, he takes Howard's spot. It's similar to Watts in that regard.

Building for the long term is about what we do with the picks we got in the Howard trade to recruit players who can fill those holes. Gould plays the sort of style we want...Worrell probably does too. So does Lukosius, for that matter.

It's about how they play the position rather than the position they play. Howard is more your traditional defender type - the guy who will kill the contest but not really post any huge amount of score launches. We want more Alex Rance types.

I am having trouble to see the trade from our perspective. From St. Kilda's, it seems that they have traded:
- pick 10 for Ryder/Doog (overs)
- pick 18/3rd-rounder for pick 14/4th-rounder (overs)

What have we done? The best I have got would be:
- Ryder/#14 for #10;
- Doog/4th for #18/3rd.

Would that be it? How's this supposed to have gotten us overs?

[P.S.: I'm not sure I got the 1st-rounders right, but we got a better and a worse for the one we had.]

Ryder’s essentially worthless. Like a free agent deal being done as a trade.

10 & Howard for 12 & 18 is essentially the deal.

Seriously, calm the farm people. We all wanted Ryder out so Ladhams and Hayes get games. Frampton is not AFL standard. I agree Howard was sold unnecessarily and for unders. But what Cripps did last year was fantastic even though we all thought it was suicide at the time.

Reserve judgment (if you actually have any and are not just emotionally labile ) until the draft. Personally, I’d rather have Rozee and Duursma on our list than Wingard and Polec. 12 months ago, I wouldn’t have imagined saying this.

I don’t agree with the Howard trade. But if he approached St Kilda, as has been rumoured, then I don’t want those sorts on my list. I want 100% committed types. I will wait and see what we end up with in December before taking my pitchfork to the club and demanding to see Cripps.

Relax, take a breath and wait for the outcome before losing your sh!t.

You think he's being disingenuous?

Westhoff plays defence the way that we want to play it. Yeah, he's old as fu**, but he's also aggressive with his marking and is quick to move the ball on. So in the short term, he takes Howard's spot. It's similar to Watts in that regard.

Building for the long term is about what we do with the picks we got in the Howard trade to recruit players who can fill those holes. Gould plays the sort of style we want...Worrell probably does too. So does Lukosius, for that matter.

It's about how they play the position rather than the position they play. Howard is more your traditional defender type - the guy who will kill the contest but not really post any huge amount of score launches. We want more Alex Rance types.

Really determined to go down with the ship, aren’t cha.

Howard being traded because Westhoff taking his spot down back is incredible. Literally the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

What the club needs to do is come out and say what this is - a rebuild.

Macca, what an odd rebuild is this, in which a young player is traded out because a much older one has taken his place on the side. This is not a rebuild. It is madness pure and simple.

Seriously, calm the farm people. We all wanted Ryder out so Ladhams and Hayes get games. Frampton is not AFL standard. I agree Howard was sold unnecessarily and for unders. But what Cripps did last year was fantastic even though we all thought it was suicide at the time.

Reserve judgment (if you actually have any and are not just emotionally labile ) until the draft. Personally, I’d rather have Rozee and Duursma on our list than Wingard and Polec. 12 months ago, I wouldn’t have imagined saying this.

I don’t agree with the Howard trade. But if he approached St Kilda, as has been rumoured, then I don’t want those sorts on my list. I want 100% committed types. I will wait and see what we end up with in December before taking my pitchfork to the club and demanding to see Cripps.

Relax, take a breath and wait for the outcome before losing your sh!t.

So who will replace Rozee and Duursma in a couple of years then? Funnily enough, it will probably be Chad and Polec

So who will replace Rozee and Duursma in a couple of years then? Funnily enough, it will probably be Chad and Polec

Relax guy.

Every decision we’ve made over the past 5 seasons has turned to gold. There’s no reason why this won’t either.

We're in serious danger of being a bottom 4 side next year after this monumental * up by Cripps and Hinkley. * them both

But what Cripps did last year was fantastic even though we all thought it was suicide at the time.
No, what Geoff Parker did last year was fantastic.

Cripps traded out one of the biggest talents we have had. He also sent an A grade winger and playmaking half back that played 22 games for their new club with a third to Norf for pick 11.

Fremantle will get two first round picks for Brad Hill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back