Rumour Damian Barrett to be axed from CH 9

Remove this Banner Ad

If it is on Twitter well I'll take that as gospel:$.
Maybe I'm weird but in an issue involving Tom Rockliff and Dayne Zorko, I'll take the word of Tom Rockliff and Dayne Zorko over Damian Barrett.

Made some s**t up about a player divide at Brisbane caused by Tom Rockliff. Said Dayne Zorko had issues with him and they both responded on twitter calling him a flog lol

Amazing. What else is Rockcliff going to say?

Put it this way - Barratt has nothing to gain by simply making stuff up. He needs a professional reputation otherwise noone will talk to him. Now he may overstate things, but I doubt he's just spinning a yarn out of nothin.g

This respect you speak of for Robinson. Has the respect come from drunk Robbo calling everyone a racist if you boo Goodes or, after he painted that shitty rag he writes for, that Geelong were on the drugs and being a scallywag shithead?

Then urinating on three occasions when Goddard, Bomber and Mooney called him out. Gutless wineo!
Chill dude. It's just football...

Put it this way - Barratt has nothing to gain by simply making stuff up. He needs a professional reputation otherwise noone will talk to him. Now he may overstate things, but I doubt he's just spinning a yarn out of nothin.g

With the low level of scrutiny of football journalists he also has nothing to lose by making stuff up. They do it all the time, they need to justify being employed by media outlets and have shown time and time again they're willing to make s**t up without any repercussion.

I had some respect for barrett and never really understood the criticism he got. Until last night.

With so much to report about ie adcock, luey and aish. Why make s**t up.

Now yes id expect the captain to hit back on claims but when you have a fair number of players laughing at barrett it makes sence.

Barrett i hope you are reading this as you seem to be 1 week behing big footy on alot of things please dont make s**t up about our already shitty footy club. We dont need your help to * ourselves over.

Professional reputation? Why appear on The Footy Show then?

Rockliff was 100% spot on. Barrett got owned like a little bitch. Didn't even have the balls to possibly admit it might not be correct, just instead stuck to his guns when the man in question said it was a heap of s**t and called him out. Peanut of the highest order. The crowd even thought he was dick.

Rockliff was 100% spot on. Barrett got owned like a little bitch. Didn't even have the balls to possibly admit it might not be correct, just instead stuck to his guns when the man in question said it was a heap of s**t and called him out. Peanut of the highest order. The crowd even thought he was dick.

I just can't see him making that story up. Did you expect Rockliff to say yes it's spot on, really? When someone says something about you and it's totally not true, you usually laugh and say wha huh, but if there is some substance to it you usually fire up. Rockliff fired up.

In saying this, I understand we are all different how we react.

I just can't see him making that story up. Did you expect Rockliff to say yes it's spot on, really? When someone says something about you and it's totally not true, you usually laugh and say wha huh, but if there is some substance to it you usually fire up. Rockliff fired up.

In saying this, I understand we are all different how we react.
Its not just rockliff that responded though. I beleive 6 players responded on social media last night. Id be more worried if it was just brushed under the carpet.

Ouch, sounds like another don has a little vendetta against Barrett. Maybe rockliff didn't have the balls to own up to it. And stuck to his guns. As for the crowd they always think he's a dick, nothing new

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course Rocky and co. are going to deny. They're desperate for players to want to come to that rabble. Any inkling of infighting at the club is going to deter that and set them back even more.

He needs to got get some shite on the big boys rather than feed on those clubs who are struggling and don't need the damage and carnt fight back

Poor form !!

I wouldn't have an idea either way if Barrett is on the money or not but there seems to be the opinion that because the players have denied it that they must be lying. They really are damned if they do and damned of they don't.
Said this on another thread that this whole attack on Rocky and the Lions is one we really can't defend ourselves against. We are set to have another large player turnover this year headlined of course by Aish and more than likely Luenberger. Now in reality Aish was never going to stay but once he leaves Damo will in his mind be vindicated. Lions are rabble again, toxic environment etc...... same when Luenberger leaves via free agency, never mind the fact him leaving might be a savy list management move, it will be chalked up by Damo and his mates as more proof.

The whole business is extremely disappointing. Damo is in full flight at the moment slandering his arse off on every platform he has. He loves kicking a dog when it's down.

He needs to got get some shite on the big boys rather than feed on those clubs who are struggling and don't need the damage and carnt fight back

Poor form !!

Shite clubs are in on it, they need media exposure for the sponsors.

Barrett is probably 100% correct.

Players are just banding together against a common enemy by getting defensive at criticism.

When publicly accused, they hit back (regardless of what's true).

They're lying, it's human nature.

Barrett is probably 100% correct.

Players are just banding together against a common enemy by getting defensive at criticism.

When publicly accused, they hit back (regardless of what's true).

They're lying, it's human nature.

So if lying is human nature, why can't Barrett be?

Barrett has been wrong again and again in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back