Free Agency Dan McStay [Joins Collingwood as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks, blues, bulldogs, Melbourne, north and richmond all seem stacked for kpfs. Probably just leaves essendon, collingwood and geelong if hawkins pulls the pin.

Hawks, blues, bulldogs, Melbourne, north and richmond all seem stacked for kpfs. Probably just leaves essendon, collingwood and geelong if hawkins pulls the pin.
I wouldn't say we are stacked as most are unproven but i wouldn't call McStay as a big upgrade to offer a 6 year contract when as a 1-1.5 goal a game forward it isn't much better than what we have got

I wouldn't say we are stacked as most are unproven but i wouldn't call McStay as a big upgrade to offer a 6 year contract when as a 1-1.5 goal a game forward it isn't much better than what we have got
Kozzi went alright in his first year as a kpf, kicked more than mcstay has in 7 of his 8 seasons and mcstays highest goal tally is one more than kozzi’s. I’d much rather bring him, callow or jeka in than bring in another subpar forward on a big contract

We ask the question of him every time he's out of contract, for a KPD spot.
He's knocked us back before so I dare say we're out of the hunt (also noting our tight cap)

North can probably afford to blow everyone else out of the water. Just pay him Polec's cash from 2023 onwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We ask the question of him every time he's out of contract, for a KPD spot.
He's knocked us back before so I dare say we're out of the hunt (also noting our tight cap)

North can probably afford to blow everyone else out of the water. Just pay him Polec's cash from 2023 onwards.
Is he actually any good as a kpd? I can’t recall him ever playing there. North poached ccj and aren’t even playing him, then have edwards in the twos. But you know…. North so there’s every possibility they do something stupid like this

Is he actually any good as a kpd? I can’t recall him ever playing there. North poached ccj and aren’t even playing him, then have edwards in the twos. But you know…. North so there’s every possibility they do something stupid like this
Teams have to hit 95% of their cap - who are they paying from 2023 onwards? Aiden Corr got overs to go there.
You have to pay someone and McStay's a free hit.

Teams have to hit 95% of their cap - who are they paying from 2023 onwards? Aiden Corr got overs to go there.
You have to pay someone and McStay's a free hit.
True, Corrs definitely in the Rory Atkins stratosphere of strange deals

Hes under rated but not a 6 year deal type player. That's crazy.
Yeh I rate him obviously plays a team role for us that doesn't necessarily mean kicking 3 to 4 goals a game (even though thatd be great). No doubt we'd like him kicking more goals but he certainly makes defenders accountable in the air.

I may by wrong but i think there was a stat half way through last year or the year before where he hadn't been beaten in a one on one and had been involved in quite a few. Didn't win them all but is able to neutralise an air ball and bring it to ground more often then not.

Don't let the lack of goals fool anyone. He can certainly play.

Yeh I rate him obviously plays a team role for us that doesn't necessarily mean kicking 3 to 4 goals a game (even though thatd be great). No doubt we'd like him kicking more goals but he certainly makes defenders accountable in the air.

I may by wrong but i think there was a stat half way through last year or the year before where he hadn't been beaten in a one on one and had been involved in quite a few. Didn't win them all but is able to neutralise an air ball and bring it to ground more often then not.

Don't let the lack of goals fool anyone. He can certainly play.
Yeah plays a role every week. Wont ever be a focal point but doesnt have to be.

He's the sort of player that opposition supporters call a spud but they'd love him of he played for them. Like Kamdyn McIntosh for us. Unfashionable and not a high possession winner but does his bit every week.

I thought Mcstay would be a good, cheap replacement for Riewoldt but maybe not.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back