Review Dees v Hawks: Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I know why he came and can’t blame him, it’s our dumb ******* club who keep doing stupid sh*t that annoys me, still pales in comparison when compared to the deal given to KK, Mahoney should lose his job for that deal alone.

Fingers crossed we don’t have to see Pruess on the field in the next couple of years

Not sure the KK deal would be much $$ though mate?

Not sure the KK deal would be much $$ though mate?
It goes beyond money, although from what I understand it’s far from insignificant, the level of stupidity and incompetence needed to sign a bloke about to be delisted by his club to a 3 year contract when he has been unable to get on the field for the better part of the previous 3 years is almost incomprehensible

It goes beyond money, although from what I understand it’s far from insignificant, the level of stupidity and incompetence needed to sign a bloke about to be delisted by his club to a 3 year contract when he has been unable to get on the field for the better part of the previous 3 years is almost incomprehensible
Stop melting about us signing role players, it's embarrassing.

There is only a certain amount of players you can draft so signing players that have shown potential that have injury clouds or a ruck that already has a solid frame as backup isn't poor list management.

Nah I reckon Bennell has gone alright.

Stop melting about us signing role players, it's embarrassing.

There is only a certain amount of players you can draft so signing players that have shown potential that have injury clouds or a ruck that already has a solid frame as backup isn't poor list management.
There is a massive difference between taking a chance on an oft injured player ie Bennell 1 year at minimum wage and signing a bloke with a multi year history of concussion to a 3 year contract worth over 1 million dollars or a back up ruck with 6 s**t games to his credit to a 4 year deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Fans getting upset about salary cap decisions makes little sense. We don’t know anything about what’s going on behind the scenes, and the money has to be paid to someone given there’s a cap floor. Unless the club is doing recklessly exorbitant deals it’s probably safe to say they’ve exhausted all other options before deciding to throw $400k at Preuss, which really isn’t that much in the scheme of thing nowadays, who won us a game against Carlton last year and showed that he wouldn’t be a bad plug and play back up ruck. If we’d had someone like that in 2017 we might have won more games while Max was down (and he was rushed back and never returned to form that year) and Spencil also got injured. Similarly $300k per year isn’t that much for KK. Probably the medical advice at the time justified it, and if it had paid off he’s the exact kind of player we’d love to have in the side rn. Seems like we have adequate cap room in spite of those two deals.

Fans getting upset about salary cap decisions makes little sense. We don’t know anything about what’s going on behind the scenes, and the money has to be paid to someone given there’s a cap floor. Unless the club is doing recklessly exorbitant deals it’s probably safe to say they’ve exhausted all other options before deciding to throw $400k at Preuss, which really isn’t that much in the scheme of thing nowadays, who won us a game against Carlton last year and showed that he wouldn’t be a bad plug and play back up ruck. If we’d had someone like that in 2017 we might have won more games while Max was down (and he was rushed back and never returned to form that year) and Spencil also got injured. Similarly $300k per year isn’t that much for KK. Probably the medical advice at the time justified it, and if it had paid off he’s the exact kind of player we’d love to have in the side rn. Seems like we have adequate cap room in spite of those two deals.
I still maintain his form slump was because he shaved off the beard.

Up until 2 weeks ago I would have been pretty undecided as to whether we trade Brayshaw or Oliver. Oliver had the advantage of playing in his preferred position, but his complete fear to kick the ball was almost enough of a negative to cancel out the rest of his play anyway. Was good on the weekend though, with the exception of the 'oh s**t' 1m handball to Gawn in the back line.

Brayshaw has gone hard this year, but been mostly sub-optimal and some of his disposal has been rubbish. Then again, until the last 2 weeks most of the team has had rubbish disposal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this how it ends when you have nothing of substance to add, when the point you raise is irrelevant to the conversation and it’s pointed out just move on, less embarrassing for you
LOL, what are you on about? Take yourself a little less seriously.

There is a massive difference between taking a chance on an oft injured player ie Bennell 1 year at minimum wage and signing a bloke with a multi year history of concussion to a 3 year contract worth over 1 million dollars or a back up ruck with 6 sh*t games to his credit to a 4 year deal
Not really, they are both relatively low risk, potentially high reward options. Bennell had a different injury and was at a different point in his career. KK having a longer deal gives him more time to work through his concussion problems. Dunno if you can prove the mil over 3 years, but even so its about average AFL wage anyway.

We have gone through 2 rookie back up rucks and held onto Spencer for ages, so getting Preuss who is at least has shown some goal sense and who would almost certainly improve if he was the main ruck like most back up rucks do when they get the main role.

Anyway, who cares, if you want to get angry about fringe players contracts when 5-10 players get turned over each year regardless than go nuts. Enjoy being angry at having KK or Preuss preventing us from picking up that extra player at pick 88.

Not really, they are both relatively low risk, potentially high reward options. Bennell had a different injury and was at a different point in his career. KK having a longer deal gives him more time to work through his concussion problems. Dunno if you can prove the mil over 3 years, but even so its about average AFL wage anyway.

We have gone through 2 rookie back up rucks and held onto Spencer for ages, so getting Preuss who is at least has shown some goal sense and who would almost certainly improve if he was the main ruck like most back up rucks do when they get the main role.

Anyway, who cares, if you want to get angry about fringe players contracts when 5-10 players get turned over each year regardless than go nuts. Enjoy being angry at having KK or Preuss preventing us from picking up that extra player at pick 88.
First things first, not sure you read my whole post this morning before it was partially deleted but some of it was not called for and I apologise.

Having said that I couldn’t disagree with you more and think your reasoning is naive to say the least. As described by you they are fringe players at best, what other club Hands out multi year million dollar contracts to fringe players, particularly ones who are about to be delisted and can’t get on the field in 3 years.

You and others appear to be completely comfortable with the club wasting limited list spots and millions of dollars in cap space but not me, and considering this forum was created to vent those frustrations at my clubs incompetent decisions you’ll just have to deal with my melts and embarrassing behaviour old son.

First things first, not sure you read my whole post this morning before it was partially deleted but some of it was not called for and I apologise.

Having said that I couldn’t disagree with you more and think your reasoning is naive to say the least. As described by you they are fringe players at best, what other club Hands out multi year million dollar contracts to fringe players, particularly ones who are about to be delisted and can’t get on the field in 3 years.

You and others appear to be completely comfortable with the club wasting limited list spots and millions of dollars in cap space but not me, and considering this forum was created to vent those frustrations at my clubs incompetent decisions you’ll just have to deal with my melts and embarrassing behaviour old son.
Oh cheer up

I applaud Demon bhoy for resisting the urge to discuss Hogan and May for the 9millionth time. Happy to see him do some new bitching about KK instead.

I enjoy a good whinge about the club myself, if we ever won a premiership I'd be lost.

I applaud Demon bhoy for resisting the urge to discuss Hogan and May for the 9millionth time. Happy to see him do some new bitching about KK instead.

I enjoy a good whinge about the club myself, if we ever won a premiership I'd be lost.
It’s a win win in regards to most of my thoughts and opinions, if I’m right then I’m right, if I’m wrong then the mighty dees have come good and you couldn’t punch the smile off my face

It’s a win win in regards to most of my thoughts and opinions, if I’m right then I’m right, if I’m wrong then the mighty dees have come good and you couldn’t punch the smile off my face
I may punch you anyway. I hope you don’t mind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back