Review Dees v Hawks: Good, Bad & Fugly - Rd 7, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll have to ask you to wait at the back of the line please sir and respect social distancing this may take awhile, it’s a long queue

PG is actually a madam, not sir. Just saying .

I don't even remember that many from him. Aside from his bump on Hannebery in 2011(?) I can't remember any notable highlights.
A shame, because pre-draft and with his build and aggro could've been a solid player for us.
Lol, like Bate, his first kick was a goal from 50 from memory but I can’t recall a single thing he did after that.

There is a massive difference between taking a chance on an oft injured player ie Bennell 1 year at minimum wage and signing a bloke with a multi year history of concussion to a 3 year contract worth over 1 million dollars or a back up ruck with 6 sh*t games to his credit to a 4 year deal

Well here is you shitting all over Bennell in the 2019 trade thread, but no doubt now with hindsight you always wanted the trade

We have enough crocks who can’t get on the field already, wouldn’t touch this bloke
I’d agree if he was just an injury risk, but he’s also a giant dickhead
No need to try agin the point was clear if you were perceived to be an injury prone drug taker that was bad now it’s not a problem, and let’s be honest with ourselves at this point Bennell is happy to go anywhere having not played for 3 years and having been given the ass twice combined with a horrible off field record.

Only Robbie Flower and Paul Mcstay posters on my wall, my mum took the Sam Fox one down when I was a school

My mum and dad separated when I was younger, I lived with dad, got to hang as many Anna Kournikova posters on my wall as I wanted, pretty sweet life.

First things first, not sure you read my whole post this morning before it was partially deleted but some of it was not called for and I apologise.

Having said that I couldn’t disagree with you more and think your reasoning is naive to say the least. As described by you they are fringe players at best, what other club Hands out multi year million dollar contracts to fringe players, particularly ones who are about to be delisted and can’t get on the field in 3 years.

You and others appear to be completely comfortable with the club wasting limited list spots and millions of dollars in cap space but not me, and considering this forum was created to vent those frustrations at my clubs incompetent decisions you’ll just have to deal with my melts and embarrassing behaviour old son.
No need to apologise, you do you. Melts are great and encouraged, but there are much worse decisions the club has made to get angry at is how i feel.

I think your naive if you believe most clubs don't have similarly aged and talented players on their lists getting paid the same.

I'd love if all our non-rookie players on AFL average were elite but that just isn't going to happen.

No need to apologise, you do you. Melts are great and encouraged, but there are much worse decisions the club has made to get angry at is how i feel.

I think your naive if you believe most clubs don't have similarly aged and talented players on their lists getting paid the same.

I'd love if all our non-rookie players on AFL average were elite but that just isn't going to happen.
As I said it was a dick move by me and I apologise, thanks for letting it go.
My point with KK isn’t lack of talent he had enough of that, my point is it’s incompetent to sign a guy with 3 years of chronic head injuries to a 3 year million dollar contract, 1 year at minimum I’ve got no issue, he’s on the list next year no matter what and that is ridiculous when you only have limited numbers to begin with

Well here is you shitting all over Bennell in the 2019 trade thread, but no doubt now with hindsight you always wanted the trade
I’ve got no problem with anything I said at the time as it was all true, I notice you haven’t gone trawling through my posts From the period when he signed when I said I had no problem at all with him coming on board at minimum wage for 1 year as it looked like he’d turned it around off field and was now worth the risk. Or even the recent post about the idiocy of him not being picked for lack of defensive pressure.

You wouldn’t be trying to tell only half the story here would you TK, I’m more than happy to evolve my position as the facts change and admitted as much just the other week, but im happy to stand by my reservations from a year ago. Good on him for turning it around and luck us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to the talk of jumpers and numbers.

if you can drive and vote, then you are to old to wear a jumper and especially with a number on it

Back to the talk of jumpers and numbers.

if you can drive and vote, then you are to old to wear a jumper and especially with a number on it
Hadn't even thought of it, but you're right.

How old to stop wearing player badges or painting you face?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have badges on my scarf and I'm late 20s. One is Nev, if that's any better?
Dunno mate, think we better consult board footy fashion expert Saj before deciding .

Putty is the reason I brought it up. 👍
I'd say with face painting 12 years old. With badges it depends on the gender.
For boys I'd go with 12 again. For girls I'd allow it up to 16 because no doubt many have crushes on their faves.
I'll also allow once you start knitting home made scarves you can start wearing badges again provided you have at least 10.

I'd say with face painting 12 years old. With badges it depends on the gender.
For boys I'd go with 12 again. For girls I'd allow it up to 16 because no doubt many have crushes on their faves.
I'll also allow once you start knitting home made scarves you can start wearing badges again provided you have at least 10.

Seems pretty good to me. I think thats round the mark. Although id probably lower face painting to 10 years old for boys. No way grade 6 boys should be doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back