Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

Remove this Banner Ad

All these ads about Christian Petracca getting a PS5 from Cashies.

Then he plays a game like the opposition was all set to easy in AFL Evolution (which isn't giving him enough credit, I know - he was irresistible).

Coincidence? I think not.

Well done again all. I still watch 2016 more times a year than I'm happy to admit and I hope you lads and ladettes do too.

I hate that stupid ad lol.

Even after all this, I still feel like we will miss the top 4 and lose to the Dons week 1 of finals
I don’t know how to process this with my MFCSS.

Will I melt the same way at the first inevitable loss?

Jeez I love seeing the Oliver smother of Daniels kick, Trac grabbing and spinning then delivering to Tommy Mac across his body. The defensive efforts of those two is always great.

I didn’t know if they were taking the piss or not but I reckon them jumping around to Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie says they were. Reckon there might have been some psychological mind games going on with our boys and Bailey Smith, and this is their sneaky message - love this s**t.

For us to be what we once were in its entirety, we need to beat Collingwood in a GF.
I hope our list is still competing in a decade or so, then.

Said it before the Granny and feel even more vindicated. I reckon you could drop Brown, May and Gawn from our starting side and it wouldn't matter if Oliver and Petracca decide to dominate.

When they are in full flight attacking hard they are unstoppable and completely dictate the game.

Trying to remember the last time Oliver gave a stupid 1m handball. His game has gone up about five levels.

I didn’t know if they were taking the piss or not but I reckon them jumping around to Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie says they were. Reckon there might have been some psychological mind games going on with our boys and Bailey Smith, and this is their sneaky message - love this sh*t.

Considering how old mate Baileys nudes are all over the web he doesn't seem the type to be too bothered by this stuff.

For us to be what we once were in its entirety, we need to beat Collingwood in a GF.

Nah Biff, we need to go one better.
We need to beat Collingwood in the GF in 2024 specifically- after winning 3 on the trot already. Go one better than Norm Smith himself and also equal the McHale 4 consecutive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'Mon Oliver breaking from the centre and putting it through didn't convince you it was our day . that's when i knew we had this .
Nib’s goal for me.

Boy oh boy. I've waited a couple of days to write anything. Mostly because I've been hungover af. Necked a bottle of chandon on the final siren and pulled up a bit worse for wear. Called everyone I knew at 2am and yelled into their voice mail about how fn good the Dees are! Anyway

Good

Trac. Clutch. Arguably the best game ever played in a GF.

Fritta. We all knew if he could start kicking straight he was capable of this season. Came up huge in the finals.

Gus. Man, cops it from supporters a bit but how huge was he on the big day!? Sorry i was open to trading you last season. Stay for as long as you like.

Dogga. This kid is something special already. His ability below knees is possibly the best I've ever seen from a big man.

Riv. Thought he had a shaky finals campaign up until the GF. Was arguably our most solid defender on the day. Love him.

North FC. Thank you for Ben Brown. Boy was he important in the last 6 weeks. Exactly what we needed.

Viney. This man is built for finals. Did a lot of things that went unnoticed. I love him.

Salem. Instrumental early and was solid all game. So calm with ball in hand. Bowey and Salo are massive weapons moving forward now.

Goodwin. Robotic like. Boring at times for sure. But geez the boys love him and so will every MFC supporter from now on. Coached amazingly well in the finals. Have we signed him up for ten years yet?

MFC. It's always been a love/hate relationship with this club. But from now on, the hate is gone. The weight is lifted. The curse dead and buried. I can't say I'd like to wait another 57 years to see this again, but f*** that feeling during that last quarter and afterwards was worth the wait. I love you MFC.

Supporters. We did it. We've rode so many bumps and suffered through so much pain. We bloody deserve this. Each and every one of us. Even the most pessimistic supporters! Lap it up! Enjoy being the Kings of the AFL. We earned it. We were the best for nearly all season, and more importantly we were the best when it mattered. Our finals series was something to behold. Staggering really. That last 40 minutes of football will live with me forever. It was breathtaking. The best football I think I've seen any team play ever. And to do it in a GF with game on the line, simply remarkable it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it..

BAD

BT. Man, when I dreamed about winning this flag, I did not have this clown commentating. Didn't spoil it, but stuff like Frothies May, WTF?? I wish Commetti was still around..

UGLY

Well, while I am so grateful for the premiership, I am so fn jealous of those in Perth that got to experience that first hand. That was taken away from us here vin Melb and there will always be that little feeling of envy when I watch the celebrations. It hasn't dampened the win or the feeling, but it could have been so much more special being there. Going to the G on Sunday to see the cup and players. Being a the game crying my eyes out so happy. This is what I hope inspires the whole club to get there again next year so the supporters here in Melb, the heartland get a chance to experience that first hand.

* you Basil, why is this football club and the AFL allowing this clown a chance to ruin something else? Keep that clown away from everything..

love you Gazz

BAD

BT. Man, when I dreamed about winning this flag, I did not have this clown commentating. Didn't spoil it, but stuff like Frothies May, WTF?? I wish Commetti was still around..
Tbh if someone could sync that commentary over him necking the beer on the boundary that'd make that line worth it. BT the savant.

Boy oh boy. I've waited a couple of days to write anything. Mostly because I've been hungover af. Necked a bottle of chandon on the final siren and pulled up a bit worse for wear. Called everyone I knew at 2am and yelled into their voice mail about how fn good the Dees are! Anyway

Good

Trac. Clutch. Arguably the best game ever played in a GF.

Fritta. We all knew if he could start kicking straight he was capable of this season. Came up huge in the finals.

Gus. Man, cops it from supporters a bit but how huge was he on the big day!? Sorry i was open to trading you last season. Stay for as long as you like.

Dogga. This kid is something special already. His ability below knees is possibly the best I've ever seen from a big man.

Riv. Thought he had a shaky finals campaign up until the GF. Was arguably our most solid defender on the day. Love him.

North FC. Thank you for Ben Brown. Boy was he important in the last 6 weeks. Exactly what we needed.

Viney. This man is built for finals. Did a lot of things that went unnoticed. I love him.

Salem. Instrumental early and was solid all game. So calm with ball in hand. Bowey and Salo are massive weapons moving forward now.

Goodwin. Robotic like. Boring at times for sure. But geez the boys love him and so will every MFC supporter from now on. Coached amazingly well in the finals. Have we signed him up for ten years yet?

MFC. It's always been a love/hate relationship with this club. But from now on, the hate is gone. The weight is lifted. The curse dead and buried. I can't say I'd like to wait another 57 years to see this again, but f*** that feeling during that last quarter and afterwards was worth the wait. I love you MFC.

Supporters. We did it. We've rode so many bumps and suffered through so much pain. We bloody deserve this. Each and every one of us. Even the most pessimistic supporters! Lap it up! Enjoy being the Kings of the AFL. We earned it. We were the best for nearly all season, and more importantly we were the best when it mattered. Our finals series was something to behold. Staggering really. That last 40 minutes of football will live with me forever. It was breathtaking. The best football I think I've seen any team play ever. And to do it in a GF with game on the line, simply remarkable it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it..

BAD

UGLY

Well, while I am so grateful for the premiership, I am so fn jealous of those in Perth that got to experience that first hand. That was taken away from us here vin Melb and there will always be that little feeling of envy when I watch the celebrations. It hasn't dampened the win or the feeling, but it could have been so much more special being there. Going to the G on Sunday to see the cup and players. Being a the game crying my eyes out so happy. This is what I hope inspires the whole club to get there again next year so the supporters here in Melb, the heartland get a chance to experience that first hand.
I need the DVD just for the alternative commentaries I think.

Question.
1:13 to play, Q3, just before the blitz.
BBB gets the free for HTM.
Cordy stands right over BBB with a hand in his back keeping him down.
How is that not time wasting/50m?

Not complaining about what happened in the next 1:13 but seems obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back