Review Dees v West Horsham Poort - the Good, Bad & Fugly with a Nod to the Toump Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate my whole life ive never cared about the umpires, why would I spend my time watching what the umpires are doing? I have no idea who paid what free kicks or when and it seems like Im enjoying it more than a few of you blokes who are obsessed with them... Like every bloody week its about the umpires.. its so tiring lol
Given that all the worst decisions were paid or unpaid by Nicholls it's not unreasonable. He is terrible and we aren't the only supporter base who has issue with him.

Primarily half back with a bit of midfield
I saw he was trailing Boak on one of Boak's end to end runs which was creating his goals, not sure if Trenners was being burnt or covering someone else?

Just great to Trenners out there again and to play a pretty clean and tidy game, fantastic.

Given that all the worst decisions were paid or unpaid by Nicholls it's not unreasonable. He is terrible and we aren't the only supporter base who has issue with him.

So how can he be against us if other supporter bases have a problem with him. Mate people have sooked about the umpires since day dot its so bloody overdone. We just beat a top 4 side and we are talking about ******* umpires. So stupid

Wanna talk about the last while its fresh.
Not sure if it was the plan or we were just so ******* tired its all we had left but the bomb long and force repeat stoppages tactic was bloody nerve racking. On one hand I thought it was going to cost us because we were wasting entries everywhere. However in the same weird way it allowed us to set up our zone and we looked near impenetrable in the last quarter with our zone brilliant

I suspect we were out on our legs and just ground out a victory, I like it though it was what we learnt under Roos it was grind them down footy and hit them on the counter which we did with Melk and Petracca.

Game of 2 halves, we were near perfect aside from our entries in the first half and the forward line was functioning beautifully. Tackle pressure was enormous and it ment our defence could zone and sweep up everything. Second half Port matched an even outdid our pressure and we had to just put the gloves in front of the face and take body shots like a boxer out on his feet but never really having enough damage done.

Best players were Maxy in the first half, Alex Neal Bullen who I think had a mini break out game with his kicking and decision making and Mitch Hannan who is just a bloody good player. Hard at the footy but has the brilliant balance only the very best have, his ceiling is high IMO. Melksham is becoming a mini favourite of mine now has found a nice little niche around half forward kicking winning goals.

Tyson and Watts were as rusty as a sunken WW1 submarine

Jesse Hogan should start studying the tapes of Jarryd Roughead in his prime because thats the player he will become. Jarryd was the best big small forward in the league but actually not a very good deep forward and Jesse is the same. Doesnt win many 1 on 1s deep forward and likes a clean jump at the footy but he can crumb well and get up the ground and get 25 touches like Ruff.

Oscar Mcdonald needs to be told if he ever spoils into the corridor again he has to go on a dinner date with DrWhoooooo. Twice in the one quarter he spoiled into the hot spot with little to no regard.

Jack Watts needs to bring the ball to the front more often, lets the guy infront mark it far too often.

Also we are the only team who is disadvantaged winning a centre clearance out the front of the stoppage, we bomb it long and it always lands in the hands of their spares 30m out from goal. I swear we need to win it and kick backwards just to retain the pill.

Olivers last quarter was immense again, when Port went 6-0 for clearances he won the next 2 to swing momentum

Quality post!! The Dr Wooooooo reference was comedic gold and absolutely correct.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So how can he be against us if other supporter bases have a problem with him. Mate people have sooked about the umpires since day dot its so bloody overdone. We just beat a top 4 side and we are talking about ******* umpires. So stupid
Because he's no good at the caper. Seriously. That's why so many teams don't like him.

Because he's no good at the caper. Seriously. That's why so many teams don't like him.

Im just gonna keep bitching about you bitching so lets call it at that. For the record Ive never heard anyone say there was a good umpire so its hardly worth listening to what any fans think.

Westhoff with the "Mistaken identity but still a flog" medal for his goal at the end.

Yep the crowd thought "yeah * it he looks like Dixon, let's boo the campaigner"

I have a confession, here it is

I, just momentarily, fell in love with the melkman when he kicked the sealer and turned to me (definitely at me and no one else) for his celebration

What a kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a confession, here it is

I, just momentarily, fell in love with the melkman when he kicked the sealer and turned to me (definitely at me and no one else) for his celebration

What a kick

On the wrong side for a right footer that was a bloody good goal. If Danger had kicked that it would be replayed every 15 minutes on every footy show

Great win for the dees today. We have been death riding port all season and couldn't be happier that the dees got the win over them. Would have love to have watched it live but was at work should be just as good in replay. Sorry for the intrusion. But well done

Good
Q1, wow.
Hibberd, how the * did we get this guy for a 2nd??
Melksham showing how it's done
ANB, class. Serious footballer.
Gawn, monster.
Hoges with a lot of awareness.
Jeffy, good on you son. Clearly had a rough week.
Hunt, superstar.

Bad
Watts, but at least you got some time.

Ugly
Nicholls, * off forever you dumb bald bastard.

Good
Q1, wow.
Hibberd, how the **** did we get this guy for a 2nd??
Melksham showing how it's done
ANB, class. Serious footballer.
Gawn, monster.
Hoges with a lot of awareness.
Jeffy, good on you son. Clearly had a rough week.
Hunt, superstar.

Bad
Watts, but at least you got some time.

Ugly
Nicholls, **** off forever you dumb bald bastard.

I thought Hunt fumbled a lot and his disposal was often terrible today. He did work super hard and laid some good tackles, but still he wasn't good overall in my opinion.

A good, solid win. Been really impressed with our ability to change gears and find a different game plan when things start going against us.

Really need to back it up next week now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back