Review Dees v West Horsham Poort - the Good, Bad & Fugly with a Nod to the Toump Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugly:
Mat-Nicholls1-270x300.jpg

Seriously, we need to put in a formal submission that he doesn't umpire our games.
Clearly a player must have run over his pussy sometime in the past, as he absolutely has it out for us.

Great, great win. I was sure Port was going to roll us easily.
Good: Hibberd is just a gun. An elite footballer. Hannan very close to BOG. Oliver was huge again.
Bad: Tysons disposal. Was going at 14% at one point. He had one effective kick in seven. Might find himself no longer in our best 22 shortly.
Fugly: Watts playing in a half arsed manner for 3 and a 1/2 quarters. When is he going to cut that out?

Ugly:
Mat-Nicholls1-270x300.jpg

Seriously, we need to put in a formal submission that he doesn't umpire our games.
Clearly a player must have run over his pussy sometime in the past, as he absolutely has it out for us.

Why is it that we win our 10th game for the season, look headed for finals and the first thing you think about is sooking about the umpires. Just enjoy the ******* game

Great, great win. I was sure Port was going to roll us easily.
Good: Hibberd is just a gun. An elite footballer. Hannan very close to BOG. Oliver was huge again.
Bad: Tysons disposal. Was going at 14% at one point. He had one effective kick in seven. Might find himself no longer in our best 22 shortly.
Fugly: Watts playing in a half arsed manner for 3 and a 1/2 quarters. When is he going to cut that out?

Tyson and Watts were both rusty - dont think either deserved this criticism.

I thought Watts worked hard on the lead but fumbled and Dom cracked in but was rusty kicking.

Good win
Bad I missed the first half.
Good we fought it out. Port kicked the first 2 of the last quarter in 5 minutes and went goalless for 19 then melksham nailed a goal at the 24 minute mark. At that point I was confident we would win.
Bad don't like to say it but watts didn't have a great day. But hogan looked bad a few weeks ago so hopefully he was just a little rusty.
On the flip side trengove didn't look rusty thought he was solid.
Good backline jetta Hibberd never let you down.
Good exposing those down hill skiier/ flat track bullies, they had one good win over west coast and the fickle media start drooling.
Bad boak kills us every time and nearly won it by himself.
All this said we need to back it up next week.

How was Trengove's first half? Only saw the second half and didn't see much of him/
He was good in that he was a safe set of hands. Made good decisions and didn't fumble. He didn't get heaps of it but used the ball really well. Boak got a couple of goals outrunning him but I'm not sure if he was Trenners man or not.

Why is it that we win our 10th game for the season, look headed for finals and the first thing you think about is sooking about the umpires. Just enjoy the ******* game
Did you watch the game? Nicholls was ******* atrocious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Trenners showed he can still win contests and make good decisions - hopefully he can get a few more games this year.

Looked to have a bit more power back too.

Wanna talk about the last while its fresh.
Not sure if it was the plan or we were just so ******* tired its all we had left but the bomb long and force repeat stoppages tactic was bloody nerve racking. On one hand I thought it was going to cost us because we were wasting entries everywhere. However in the same weird way it allowed us to set up our zone and we looked near impenetrable in the last quarter with our zone brilliant

I suspect we were out on our legs and just ground out a victory, I like it though it was what we learnt under Roos it was grind them down footy and hit them on the counter which we did with Melk and Petracca.

Game of 2 halves, we were near perfect aside from our entries in the first half and the forward line was functioning beautifully. Tackle pressure was enormous and it ment our defence could zone and sweep up everything. Second half Port matched an even outdid our pressure and we had to just put the gloves in front of the face and take body shots like a boxer out on his feet but never really having enough damage done.

Best players were Maxy in the first half, Alex Neal Bullen who I think had a mini break out game with his kicking and decision making and Mitch Hannan who is just a bloody good player. Hard at the footy but has the brilliant balance only the very best have, his ceiling is high IMO. Melksham is becoming a mini favourite of mine now has found a nice little niche around half forward kicking winning goals.

Tyson and Watts were as rusty as a sunken WW1 submarine

Jesse Hogan should start studying the tapes of Jarryd Roughead in his prime because thats the player he will become. Jarryd was the best big small forward in the league but actually not a very good deep forward and Jesse is the same. Doesnt win many 1 on 1s deep forward and likes a clean jump at the footy but he can crumb well and get up the ground and get 25 touches like Ruff.

Oscar Mcdonald needs to be told if he ever spoils into the corridor again he has to go on a dinner date with DrWhoooooo. Twice in the one quarter he spoiled into the hot spot with little to no regard.

Jack Watts needs to bring the ball to the front more often, lets the guy infront mark it far too often.

Also we are the only team who is disadvantaged winning a centre clearance out the front of the stoppage, we bomb it long and it always lands in the hands of their spares 30m out from goal. I swear we need to win it and kick backwards just to retain the pill.

Olivers last quarter was immense again, when Port went 6-0 for clearances he won the next 2 to swing momentum

Did you watch the game? Nicholls was ******* atrocious.

Mate I take no notice of who the umpires are, it seems ridiculous to me that people work out which umpire paid which free kick. Its all confirmation bias. We won the free kicks by about 10 so I dont know why anyone is sooking. So annoying. 80% of posts on bigfooty are about the umpires.

Wanna talk about the last while its fresh.
Not sure if it was the plan or we were just so ******* tired its all we had left but the bomb long and force repeat stoppages tactic was bloody nerve racking. On one hand I thought it was going to cost us because we were wasting entries everywhere. However in the same weird way it allowed us to set up our zone and we looked near impenetrable in the last quarter with our zone brilliant

I suspect we were out on our legs and just ground out a victory, I like it though it was what we learnt under Roos it was grind them down footy and hit them on the counter which we did with Melk and Petracca.

Game of 2 halves, we were near perfect aside from our entries in the first half and the forward line was functioning beautifully. Tackle pressure was enormous and it ment our defence could zone and sweep up everything. Second half Port matched an even outdid our pressure and we had to just put the gloves in front of the face and take body shots like a boxer out on his feet but never really having enough damage done.

Best players were Maxy in the first half, Alex Neal Bullen who I think had a mini break out game with his kicking and decision making and Mitch Hannan who is just a bloody good player. Hard at the footy but has the brilliant balance only the very best have, his ceiling is high IMO. Melksham is becoming a mini favourite of mine now has found a nice little niche around half forward kicking winning goals.

Tyson and Watts were as rusty as a sunken WW1 submarine

Jesse Hogan should start studying the tapes of Jarryd Roughead in his prime because thats the player he will become. Jarryd was the best big small forward in the league but actually not a very good deep forward and Jesse is the same. Doesnt win many 1 on 1s deep forward and likes a clean jump at the footy but he can crumb well and get up the ground and get 25 touches like Ruff.

Oscar Mcdonald needs to be told if he ever spoils into the corridor again he has to go on a dinner date with DrWhoooooo. Twice in the one quarter he spoiled into the hot spot with little to no regard.

Jack Watts needs to bring the ball to the front more often, lets the guy infront mark it far too often.

Also we are the only team who is disadvantaged winning a centre clearance out the front of the stoppage, we bomb it long and it always lands in the hands of their spares 30m out from goal. I swear we need to win it and kick backwards just to retain the pill.

Olivers last quarter was immense again, when Port went 6-0 for clearances he won the next 2 to swing momentum

First half was the best Nibbler has played all year.

Don't agree on Hogan, he's proven to be dangerous 1v1 as a forward - he's not there at the moment but is working into form.

Huuuuge win.

That's our 10th win, as many wins as last year and we'll go well past that with a decent run home from here.

Finals all but locked in which is huge for what I still consider a development year.

Mate I take no notice of who the umpires are, it seems ridiculous to me that people work out which umpire paid which free kick. Its all confirmation bias. We won the free kicks by about 10 so I dont know why anyone is sooking. So annoying. 80% of posts on bigfooty are about the umpires.
This is an indicator of you being in Canada, if you were at the G it was ridiculous. Especially the three consecutive including the 50 at the start of Q3

First half was the best Nibbler has played all year.

Don't agree on Hogan, he's proven to be dangerous 1v1 as a forward - he's not there at the moment but is working into form.

IMO Hogan needs perfect delivery to win it, I just dont see it with him as a deep forward. He makes contact but never gets enough seperation to get clean hands on it his opponents always get an arm in. He looks great when he has 5m and he can time his jump but when he is stationary he is pretty average. Ruff used to not even bother trying to mark it and would angle spoils for Breust/Rioil/Poupolo etc

Even if he does win the odd contest I think McDonald is a more dangerous deep option and Hogan does better upfield. Just me opinion anyway mate.

Nibbler was our most influential midfielder in the first half, if he can step up like that he is best 22 without doubt.
Also Harmes without doing anything special has become a reliable best 22 player. Does enough every week and is hard as *. I like him

This is an indicator of you being in Canada, if you were at the G it was ridiculous. Especially the three consecutive including the 50 at the start of Q3

Mate my whole life ive never cared about the umpires, why would I spend my time watching what the umpires are doing? I have no idea who paid what free kicks or when and it seems like Im enjoying it more than a few of you blokes who are obsessed with them... Like every bloody week its about the umpires.. its so tiring lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back