Autopsy Deja Voodoo - Clawed at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank God Duncan was protecting himself

Hard one but I'm not sure what else he could have done there. Shame for Fox but I’m okay with this call so long as it’s consistent

Hard one but I'm not sure what else he could have done there. Shame for Fox but I’m okay with this call so long as it’s consistent

Not go for it? have a duty of care, I dunno

You're pretty much asking Ladhams to be an elite mid & ruck. That's not going to happen. Blicavs is the best at what you describe & he's a freak of nature. I think people need to temper their expectations with Ladhams considering it's only his 2nd season with us, that also with a proper ruck coach. Sam Reid is a close comparison to Blicavs with the things you've mentioned. Sam Reid is a different player to Ladhams, it's unfair to expect either player to play like each other. Reid has made plenty of mistakes during his career too. He's let players mark against him, he's let players break through tackles etc. Reid isn't perfect & neither is Ladhams.

Ladhams went at nearly 80% disposal efficiency, previous week v tigers he led the clearances & was one of our top contested possession getter. He's showing different attributes, it's inconsistent but it's improving.

Swans fans expectations about Ladhams are unrealistic & it's an unfair expectation on him. He's not Blicavs, he's not Gawn, he's not Tim English nor Sean Darcy. It's fine to expect him to improve but the outcry over his performances have been over the top.

It's easy to blame Ladhams when the real issue has been our poor contested ball numbers & pressure. That's on the midfield & team as a whole. I would love to see Ladhams improve on his contested ball work but I know right now it's going to be inconsistent, similar to our young mids.

I tend to agree with most of this - BUT he does cost us about 1.5 goals a game that result directly from completely unforced errors - attempting to immediately play on from marks in the defensive 50 with an opponent still behind him, throwing the ball out of the ruck contest in the defensive 50, trying to kick across the centre square to no one and managing to kick a grubber directly to 2 Geelong players - things of that nature.

If he could eliminate those from his game, i think he’d be fairly handy.

I walked in to have a piss on Saturday night. Paused at the TV.

Ladhams pauses. Kicks it backwards to a contest and Geelong takes possession.

Shakes head.
His confidence is seriously fragile.
His best is nifty.
However his brain fades are highlight reels

Shakes head.
His best is nifty.
He reminds me of the soccer player georgios samaras who played for man city and Celtic mid noughties or thereabouts.

He had the greatest you tube highlights package going around. Taking on 4 players, top corner volleys, etc, etc but he failed to do the simple things well.

Ladhams, By the end of his career he will have one hell of a highlights package (also lowlights 🫣), as in his best is out of this world. But 95% of his work is sub standard.

Directly cost us 3 goals. That inboard 15m sliced kick at HB, took the cake though!!

yep, its a worry.
Im sure we tried to trade in a KPP last year and the year before (Barras etc) but the player needs to want to come Sydney. Then theres the salary cap which means different things to different clubs and obviously Geelong is at the other end of the spectrum to the Swans (giants and suns). Both Beatson and Pridham have said we'll be active this trade period - we've got the draft capital and salary cap space.
Yep, theres a few of those KPPs that won't play next year, but having them available now would make a difference.

Two points..
1 - If the injury situation was reversed and geelong had 8 KPPs injured and the Swans had none.. Who would've won?
2 (and this is a big one) - The Swans are still rebuilding and the fact that they made finals 2021 and the grand final 2022 is a f**king massive effort!!! The club should be applauded. Unfortunately the fact the Swans have been so successful over the last two years (ahead of their time) has meant that Us supporters demand so much.
We got smashed in the guts.

The ball would still be in scoring end for them. We lose by 50 or 40. If they had 8 kpps out we still lose.

Sort of not sure how people claim we are rebuilding. We made the big dance last year. I grant we are still youngish in the guts and are carrying some fossils.

But we lost this game the exact same way to the same side.

Nothing excuses with a 6 6 6 set up and they still could not win the ball to go forward with all our mids available and what should be the first choice ruck on the job although I am yet to be convinced he can play. We are apparently paying him enough to be able to though.

Mills back was a choice. Being decimated at the source again is still woeful.

Best way to protect, say, Francis on Hawkins or Fox on the nerd is win it in the guts and strangle it at the other end.

They had plenty of experience with Geelong doing it to them before, very poor the no adjustment stuff.

I tend to agree with most of this - BUT he does cost us about 1.5 goals a game that result directly from completely unforced errors - attempting to immediately play on from marks in the defensive 50 with an opponent still behind him, throwing the ball out of the ruck contest in the defensive 50, trying to kick across the centre square to no one and managing to kick a grubber directly to 2 Geelong players - things of that nature.

If he could eliminate those from his game, i think he’d be fairly handy.

I don’t know how many times I have to write in the match threads that he needs to get off the mark quickly and then handball.

anything else is likely to cause turnovers and goals

im just waiting for some evidence that the club reads melbournehammers posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has taken 2 of our blokes out, something smarmy about him I don’t like

He was one of those laughing at our players as well.

Have lost all respect for him. The fox episode was worth three. Longmire was clearly irritated. With Harley out of the running for CEO time Club showed some guts. They should appeal the MRO decision and have it taken to the Tribunal.

The lack of Team reaction to a deliberate hit was pathetic. It reminded of the gutless Swans behaviour in Rd 6 2017. Mills had been bullied all day and our seniors ignored it until the last quarter. I rank that loss as one of the most disheartening losses we have had this Century.

I hope Gould plays in our next game v Cats and is licensed to repeatedly line Duncan up.

We seemed to have lost the Bloods culture. It shouldn't matter who is lining up for us or who we are playing. The never say die attitude has gone.
Maybe Horse's time is up?
He should have a much better return considering the roster he has had at his disposal.
Losing is disappointing any match and sometimes other sides just have a better day.
The way we have been beaten recently is totally unacceptable and some account is now needed.

He was one of those laughing at our players as well.

Have lost all respect for him. The fox episode was worth three. Longmire was clearly irritated. With Harley out of the running for CEO time Club showed some guts. They should appeal the MRO decision and have it taken to the Tribunal.

The lack of Team reaction to a deliberate hit was pathetic. It reminded of the gutless Swans behaviour in Rd 6 2017. Mills had been bullied all day and our seniors ignored it until the last quarter. I rank that loss as one of the most disheartening losses we have had this Century.

I hope Gould plays in our next game v Cats and is licensed to repeatedly line Duncan up.
Agree, I am glad some fellow supporters can see through these smarmy cats and are also appalled at our blokes being a laughing stock to another team.

It is frankly unacceptable, but the issue I have is our team don’t seem to want to get stuck in themselves. Would have though a GF defeat would have done the trick, but alas.

Duncan was also the cats player that took out Roberts knee. Purposefully or not, sort of like one of Hawkins elbows he accidentally gives out.

That was one of the most embarrassing nights to be a swans fan of all time
In 2014 when Geelong headed up to Sydney and got thumped by 110 points, that was one of the most embarrassing nights to be a Cats fan. I thought that Geelong would forever be stylised as Gee110ng as was how they were being trolled.

You know what, though? Good teams don't stay down for long. That game has now long passed, and largely forgotten by most. Sydney had the wood on us for a couple of years after that, until the 2017 semi-final where we shook the monkey off the back.

Sydney IS a fantastic football club. Sydney WILL bounce back, of that I am certain. After that loss, I thought the Cats were cooked. I couldn't see how it was conceivable that the club gets passed that without further pain. Alas, after 2015, we haven't missed finals again.

This loss will be forgotten before you know it.

That was one of the worst loses I have seen for a long time, unfortunately there are players believing there own press, not going to name them. Except for a couple the rest of the team over the past couple of weeks has not played as a team. No blocks, no intent to go in and get the footy, or put the body on the line, better to sit out and let someone else do it and give it to me on the outside so I can look good. When we play team footy and sacrifice for each other then we will move forward.

That was one of the worst loses I have seen for a long time, unfortunately there are players believing there own press, not going to name them. Except for a couple the rest of the team over the past couple of weeks has not played as a team. No blocks, no intent to go in and get the footy, or put the body on the line, better to sit out and let someone else do it and give it to me on the outside so I can look good. When we play team footy and sacrifice for each other then we will move forward.
100% Prez, that is spot on. Although for mine an added degree of embarrassment as this was our first opportunity to respond to the initial “worst loss” in the GF last year. Geelong were and are laughing at us!

In 2014 when Geelong headed up to Sydney and got thumped by 110 points, that was one of the most embarrassing nights to be a Cats fan. I thought that Geelong would forever be stylised as Gee110ng as was how they were being trolled.

You know what, though? Good teams don't stay down for long. That game has now long passed, and largely forgotten by most. Sydney had the wood on us for a couple of years after that, until the 2017 semi-final where we shook the monkey off the back.

Sydney IS a fantastic football club. Sydney WILL bounce back, of that I am certain. After that loss, I thought the Cats were cooked. I couldn't see how it was conceivable that the club gets passed that without further pain. Alas, after 2015, we haven't missed finals again.

This loss will be forgotten before you know it.

Maybe, I am still seething we lost to North in 1991 by 54 after leading by 30 at half time

Shakes head.
His best is nifty.
Which head did you shake?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back