Autopsy Deja Voodoo - Clawed at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowbottom is just out there chasing Dangerfield , what a waste of ******* time imo
It was one of the most absurd things I've seen from Horse in a long time. 80 something points down and you have your 22 year old mid trying to tag someone (and getting well beaten too - enjoy that confidence boost James!)

At that point in the game do you not just go, this is a free hit to try s**t now. Let the kid loose and see what he can do?

I just refuse to believe Horse could be that dumb. I still think there has to be an element of player management to it. He's young and still slight, and this is the longest season in V/AFL history, so maybe they're preserving Rowbottom so that he can be unleashed later on and peak at the right time without the wear and tear. The problem is that the season could get away from us soon if we're not careful, and we need to be banking more wins now.

Don't care about the second half, you start with your best midfielders in the middle in the first half and first quarter especially. Second half was a write off you are down by 10 goals then. Warner may have had 7 but jeez he was as bad as they came, turned it over all night long. Look was putting Mills in the backline the reason we were down by 50 at halftime no, but did it have an influence yes. As I said start Francis/Gould in defence and Mills in the middle you back your mids to win clearances and get territory. Instead we were smashed in the first quarter there, our mids got pantsed again all while our ONE AA midfielder from last season is playing defence on Hawkins. At some point the finger has to be on coaching/selection and gameday tactics because a blind donkey could tell you this plan was never working.

We won centre clearances 16 to 10…. 🤦‍♂️

We won centre clearances 16 to 10…. 🤦‍♂️

There are "clearances" and then there are clearances. What were we doing with them aside from being panic footballers turning it over straight to them. All I see is no accountability for the coach who was awful from selection to gamely, and it's not the first time he did the same in the grand final. It seems like Horse can do no wrong in your eyes, yet he's had how long and he's still making glaring errors. No doubt Mills should be in the midfield if he's not this week dead set. Look I get it Gould may not be ready but we literally traded in Francis for this reason a bigger body that can go back or FWD. Since when has he been an AFL standard forward? His best games have been in defence. He should have started there on Saturday.

There are "clearances" and then there are clearances. What were we doing with them aside from being panic footballers turning it over straight to them. All I see is no accountability for the coach who was awful from selection to gamely, and it's not the first time he did the same in the grand final. It seems like Horse can do no wrong in your eyes, yet he's had how long and he's still making glaring errors. No doubt Mills should be in the midfield if he's not this week dead set. Look I get it Gould may not be ready but we literally traded in Francis for this reason a bigger body that can go back or FWD. Since when has he been an AFL standard forward? His best games have been in defence. He should have started there on Saturday.
Mills' helicopter kicks out of the middle that went 10m in distance but 2km in the sky against Melbourne gave me the runs.

Yes the midfield executed poorly, we already know that. You’re the one that has claimed we got smashed in clearances, now centre clearances and it just doesn’t standup to the facts. They were poor, yes, but we didn’t lack in clearance opportunity for Mills not being in there or Rowbottom doing a tagging role.

By the way, there is more than one coach. If the midfield failed there is a coach for that area too.

I haven’t said he can’t do wrong I just don’t subscribe to hyperbole, or claims that are not backed by facts.

Francis was not traded in to be a key defender, and to date he has never been an AFL standard anything, hence why the Bombers traded him.

Yes the midfield executed poorly, we already know that. You’re the one that has claimed we got smashed in clearances, now centre clearances and it just doesn’t standup to the facts. They were poor, yes, but we didn’t lack in clearance opportunity for Mills not being in there or Rowbottom doing a tagging role.

By the way, there is more than one coach. If the midfield failed there is a coach for that area too.

I haven’t said he can’t do wrong I just don’t subscribe to hyperbole, or claims that are not backed by facts.

Francis was not traded in to be a key defender, and to date he has never been an AFL standard anything, hence why the Bombers traded him.

We got smashed everywhere in the middle. It's the reason the defence was under pressure. Rowbottom should on form be nowhere near the team, I'm over him and his sub 20 disposal games as a starting mid. Sheldrick deserves a chance in that role. Rowbottom can go back and do a month of actually finding the football and not shadow boxing players because his tagging of Dangerfield was laughable who had 31 disposals and kicked 1.1...

In a weird way we NEEDED to get smashed, the coach and staff have been clinging onto the "oh but it was close" against good sides this year, I'm almost glad it wasn't, some hard calls should have already been made.

Go on why was Cunningham there? What honest reason did we pick him for? Or is that somehow not the coach either?

Francis was traded to play both sides yeah he's been FWD in reserves but he's played AFL games as a defender so if you are concerned on Gould that's fine, play Francis there

Mills' helicopter kicks out of the middle that went 10m in distance but 2km in the sky against Melbourne gave me the runs.

least they went forward more than many did on Saturday!

and was completely flogged

Not the first tie this season either. I don't get what our plan is with Rowbottom. Genuinely feel if we can get a sub 30 pick for him, do it.

We got smashed everywhere in the middle. It's the reason the defence was under pressure. Rowbottom should on form be nowhere near the team, I'm over him and his sub 20 disposal games as a starting mid. Sheldrick deserves a chance in that role. Rowbottom can go back and do a month of actually finding the football and not shadow boxing players because his tagging of Dangerfield was laughable who had 31 disposals and kicked 1.1...

In a weird way we NEEDED to get smashed, the coach and staff have been clinging onto the "oh but it was close" against good sides this year, I'm almost glad it wasn't, some hard calls should have already been made.

Go on why was Cunningham there? What honest reason did we pick him for? Or is that somehow not the coach either?

Francis was traded to play both sides yeah he's been FWD in reserves but he's played AFL games as a defender so if you are concerned on Gould that's fine, play Francis there
Go and watch the last two reserves games in full and come back to me and tell me why anyone other than Sheldrick should get a gig.

Francis to my knowledge has never been played as a key defender taking one of two best talls.

Easy to have faith if you don't watch
Ha.
So you've lost faith?
Swans won't win another game this season?
Just making up the numbers?
No chance of finals now...
Etc etc.

Who had the worse loss? Cats v the Suns or Swans vs the Cats?

Go and watch the last two reserves games in full and come back to me and tell me why anyone other than Sheldrick should get a gig.

Francis to my knowledge has never been played as a key defender taking one of two best talls.

Where am I calling anyone other than Sheldrick to come in, and I'd put him in the middle instead of Rowbottom. Don't see how that's not an option. Could also run Paps through a. bit more and Heeney for that matter. Francis is a utility, he's sure done more defence in the last 2 years than Mills. Honestly there is a positive our rubbish selections have helped Cameron in his quest to kick 100. That will be good to see.

Rowbottom and Cunningham OUT
Sheldrick and Gould IN

That isn't changing the whole side just a few tweaks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where am I calling anyone other than Sheldrick to come in, and I'd put him in the middle instead of Rowbottom. Don't see how that's not an option. Could also run Paps through a. bit more and Heeney for that matter. Francis is a utility, he's sure done more defence in the last 2 years than Mills. Honestly there is a positive our rubbish selections have helped Cameron in his quest to kick 100. That will be good to see.

Rowbottom and Cunningham OUT
Sheldrick and Gould IN

That isn't changing the whole side just a few tweaks
You brought up both Rowbottom and Cunningham as well as stating “hard calls should be made”. That’s two players, so who other than Sheldrick?

I’d keep Rowbottom and drop Cunningham and pick Sheldrick for what it’s worth.

Francis didn’t play in defence in 2022 at all despite Bombers finishing 15th.

I am hoping the ins will include Rampe and T McCartin personally. That’s what’s needed.

You brought up both Rowbottom and Cunningham as well as stating “hard calls should be made”. That’s two players, so who other than Sheldrick?

I’d keep Rowbottom and drop Cunningham and pick Sheldrick for what it’s worth.

Francis didn’t play in defence in 2022 at all despite Bombers finishing 15th.

I am hoping the ins will include Rampe and T McCartin personally. That’s what’s needed.

If those two are in (or at least one) I'd be looking at Jmac and saying you know what your form is not good enough, but I'd be looking at him and I think Hickey has to come in, McLean is not AFL standard sorry to be absolutely blunt but he has the turning circle of a slow Queen Mary.

Should be around 5 changes IF those two are back. Going to assume Rampe is back and not Tom

Then we have

OUT: Rowbottom, Jmac, Cunningham (who dead set should have been dropped 3 weeks ago), McLean
In: Sheldrick, Gould, Rampe, Hickey

Think we only have 5+ changes IF Tom is back and I won't comment there as it's a concussion and he is back when he feels right.

I'd give Francis another go but as a defender not FWD.

Fox to miss. Concussion.

Well that sucks.

Gould will play then.

Hopefully Rampe and Tmac are back.

You are assuming there isn't another midfielder our coach can put in defence right? Surely Rampe is back he was touch and go for the Cats. No idea on TMac don't profess to be across that.

You are assuming there isn't another midfielder our coach can put in defence right? Surely Rampe is back he was touch and go for the Cats. No idea on TMac don't profess to be across that.
I'm not sold on Gould . At all.

Not my hill to die on.

Cunningham to be dropped was the fort I built 4 weeks ago. Dammit i'll stay in that fort.

I'm not sold on Gould . At all.

Not my hill to die on.

Cunningham to be dropped was the fort I built 4 weeks ago. Dammit i'll stay in that fort.

Look I'm not sold on Gould either, personally would play Francis back where he looked reasonable in the last quarter. However if we aren't playing Gould now, why did we resign him? How Cunningham has a 2 year deal is one of the worst list management decisions we've made, bloke was pretty cooked last year, a year I'd get it, but 2 years?

Ha.
So you've lost faith?
Swans won't win another game this season?
Just making up the numbers?
No chance of finals now...
Etc etc.

Who had the worse loss? Cats v the Suns or Swans vs the Cats?

Just stirring the s**t, what else we got to do 😂

Genuinely I don't know what to think.

I think we have enough talent to be a flag contender, but I am baffled by things we do.

By game day I'm always thinking we will win tbh

Look I'm not sold on Gould either, personally would play Francis back where he looked reasonable in the last quarter. However if we aren't playing Gould now, why did we resign him? How Cunningham has a 2 year deal is one of the worst list management decisions we've made, bloke was pretty cooked last year, a year I'd get it, but 2 years?
Francis used to play back exclusively for essendon . Sort of a third defender type intercepter.

The Truck took over and he was flipped around.

His kicking is horrid.
Though when he tapped on to create the first goal. I was like. Ok.

Just stirring the s**t, what else we got to do 😂

Genuinely I don't know what to think.

I think we have enough talent to be a flag contender, but I am baffled by things we do.

By game day I'm always thinking we will win tbh
I re-read every autopsy loss of last season.

Well the first 10 pages. Of each. That was enough.

Consistently inconsistent was the theme.
Right up until it clicked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back