Review Dogs 87 def Hawks 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Redford Yes GIF

Huge last quarter from Caleb, best he’s played in a while.

Midfielders did what they needed to all day, particularly Dunkley. Really hope he doesn’t go.

Sam Darcy looked like Max King at times up forward. But also able to kick goals. What a prospect.

Great to have Roarke back in and have a brilliant game. I think our side has really missed how he goes about it along that wing.

kust about everything we do outside of the midfield contest is concerning.

2023 Coleman Medallist Roarke Smith.

People were being snippy as * about Roarke, he's never going to be our best but he's a footsoldier that plays within his limits and is probably our best option on a wing thanks to his ability to be the extra man in defence.

His positioning was a mile ahead of the unnatural wings that have played there all year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought we played really well. Dominated for most of the game but always annoying when it doesn’t translate to the scoreboard, should not have been a one kick game at half time.

Inside 50s: 71-39
Clearances: 49-22
Contested possessions: 152-128

Roarke Smith was fantastic, I was skeptical of his inclusion but he more than made up for it. I like Roarke, think he is one of the role players who actually makes sense in our side when he is up and about, just hadn’t been his season so far.

Sam Darcy is going to be an absolute superstar whichever end he plays. So lucky to have a prospect like him, one quarter was enough for me to label him a forward but he is going to be just as dominant in defense (and let’s be honest probably ruck eventually too).

Surely Bruce needs to go out if we do make finals. He is just not ready after the knee and can’t make any impact. It was quite clear after one game in, not sure why they’ve persisted with it.

Non play related but the last three games in Tasmania the dogs players have completely wiped the crowd and left the ground straight after the game.

Today Bont, Naughton and English got most of the way to the change rooms realised and ran back to the 50 to clap the crowd. But the lack of any respect to the crowd where in Melbourne they run around the boundary line is disgusting in my opinion

Thought we played really well. Dominated for most of the game but always annoying when it doesn’t translate to the scoreboard, should not have been a one kick game at half time.

Inside 50s: 71-39
Clearances: 49-22
Contested possessions: 152-128

Roarke Smith was fantastic, I was skeptical of his inclusion but he more than made up for it. I like Roarke, think he is one of the role players who actually makes sense in our side when he is up and about, just hadn’t been his season so far.

Sam Darcy is going to be an absolute superstar whichever end he plays. So lucky to have a prospect like him, one quarter was enough for me to label him a forward but he is going to be just as dominant in defense (and let’s be honest probably ruck eventually too).

Surely Bruce needs to go out if we do make finals. He is just not ready after the knee and can’t make any impact. It was quite clear after one game in, not sure why they’ve persisted with it.
Don't agree. I think we need him there in some capacity. He was OK. Hopefully another week to recharge has him primed.

The Bruce selection was eerily similar to the Stef Martin one last week.
But what would we know-it-all amateurs on BF know? We don't spend all week with the players. :rolleyes:

I hope Bruce is given the full off season (starting now in his case) to get back to fitness and hopefully his 2021 form.

Don't agree. I think we need him there in some capacity. He was OK. Hopefully another week to recharge has him primed.
What did he do to impress you NW?
What can he offer right now that can't be more than offset by another player coming in?

Genuine questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back