Edited: No player currently 30 or younger has won a major

Who will be the next 20-something to win a major title?

• Dominic Thiem

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Daniil Medvedev

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Alexander Zverev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stefanos Tsitsipas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Be to fair, A Zverev did make the final and it was a close match.
And Zverev is clearly the most accomplished of the younger brigade. He's actually made a decent fist of it, outside the majors. But the fact Isner has now won a Masters title makes an absolute mockery of the claim it's a closed shop and there simply aren't opportunities for younger players to break through.

And Zverev is clearly the most accomplished of the younger brigade. He's actually made a decent fist of it, outside the majors. But the fact Isner has now won a Masters title makes an absolute mockery of the claim it's a closed shop and there simply aren't opportunities for younger players to break through.

Let Isner enjoy his moment, he did play well throughout the tournament. His serve was just too good.

Plus, Coric is working with a new team and has improved. It will be interesting to see if how the younger guys perform throughout the clay court season.

TELEMMGLPICT000159244355_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpVFtQMSn7ZYEgFkbAp9DEpTtJDrqzhXkwEpzO90v-i8.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you concerned with me editing my own post?

It's a deflection from your flaccid arguments on the topic at hand.

Yes. It's called "Explain Stuff To A Dopey Bastard". And apparently it's my turn to do the explaining.
Why are you getting personal? Have you got an issue with me?

I've drawn a conclusion based on what you've said. If you choose to take it personally then that's up to you. Maybe stop saying stupid s**t.
39 yr old Karlovic beat Kyrgios today. Thoughts?

Los Angeles (AFP) - Croatia's 39-year-old Ivo Karlovic became the oldest ATP semi-finalist since Jimmy Connors in 1993 by rallying past Australian Nick Kyrgios on Friday at the US Men's Clay Court Championships.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/39858840/tennis-karlovic-beats-kyrgios-for-atp-semis-age-milestone/

19 year old Stefanos Tsitsipas is one young player to follow.

The 19-year-old is the youngest finalist in Barcelona since 2005 (Nadal) and will be bidding to become the first unseeded champion since Gaston Gaudio in 2002 when he faces 10-time champion Rafael Nadal in Sunday's championship match. The World No. 1 defeated Belgium's David Goffin 6-4, 6-0 to reach his 11th final at the event. Tsitsipas and Nadal have never played one another.

"I have watched millions of his matches on clay," said Tsitsipas. "I know the way he is playing and, I think, the way he is going to play against me.

"I was preparing for this match already, ten years [ago]. I'm going to go out there, enjoy it and play my best."

Did You Know?
Stefanos Tsitsipas has beaten four of the Top 10 seeds, who own a combined 314 wins on clay, en route to the final. The 19-year-old defeated Diego Schwartzman, Albert Ramos-Vinolas and Dominic Thiem before Saturday’s triumph over Pablo Carreno Busta.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/carreno-busta-tsitsipas-barcelona-2018-saturday

Last edited:
Back