English Premier League: 9/1, 10/1, 11/1 & 12/1

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprise Surprise. Man United go through there worst run of injuries this decade and all of a sudden the round of fixtures are called of two weeks in a row

Imagine if they hit relegation trouble. They will just cancel the season or better yet cancel relegation altogether

Surprise Surprise. Man United go through there worst run of injuries this decade and all of a sudden the round of fixtures are called of two weeks in a row

Imagine if they hit relegation trouble. They will just cancel the season or better yet cancel relegation altogether
Sir Alex controls the weather now. Didn't you know?

You are a ********.

It's a funny theory considering United's match at Birmingham is still scheduled to go ahead at this stage, and may be one the few matches to be actually played.

Wigan vs Villa isn't off, but pitch inspection at 8.30am local time will decide if it will be postponed. So we could be down to four or fewer matches this weekend. Can't remember the fixture list being so decimated for a long time.

You are a ********.

Howd you miss the glaring sarcasm, Take a joke man ffs or atleast a chill pill.

Looks like conditions might improve by Sunday. Got to feel for Bolton though. THey could very well end up playing 8 games in a month at this stage

Wigan vs Villa isn't off, but pitch inspection at 8.30am local time will decide if it will be postponed. So we could be down to four or fewer matches this weekend. Can't remember the fixture list being so decimated for a long time.

Wigans undersoil heating has packed it in - so I doubt they'll be playing.

15516558.jpg

Conditions don't look too bad from that shot.

If our game does go ahead then we should put up more resistance than we did on opening day. At least we won't have a centre half that isn't trying this time. Our performances against Aresenal at The Emirates are better than the usual reaming we used to get at Highbury every season. I'm not sure if Distin is fit yet, but I wouldn't mind rushing him back into the starting lineup and leaving Lucas Neill out. The rest of our lineup is easy enough to predict with no major changes from the usual. I've heard that Hibbert is injured so either Coleman or Neville will play as a fullback. We don't have the players to take all 3 points, but if we park the bus I could see us stealing a point. Otherwise a two goal loss coming up IMO.

--------Howard--------------
Neville--Neill--Heitinga--Baines
----------Fellaini-------------
Pienaar-----Osman-----Billy--
-------Cahill-----------------
----------------Vaughan-----

If our game does go ahead then we should put up more resistance than we did on opening day. At least we won't have a centre half that isn't trying this time. Our performances against Aresenal at The Emirates are better than the usual reaming we used to get at Highbury every season. I'm not sure if Distin is fit yet, but I wouldn't mind rushing him back into the starting lineup and leaving Lucas Neill out. The rest of our lineup is easy enough to predict with no major changes from the usual. I've heard that Hibbert is injured so either Coleman or Neville will play as a fullback. We don't have the players to take all 3 points, but if we park the bus I could see us stealing a point. Otherwise a two goal loss coming up IMO.

--------Howard--------------
Neville--Neill--Heitinga--Baines
----------Fellaini-------------
Pienaar-----Osman-----Billy--
-------Cahill-----------------
----------------Vaughan-----
I heard that Landon Donovan might get a debut in this match. Throw him in the deep end seems to be Moyes' opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arsenal would have had the pitch covered anyway.

Hell, if they can keep NFL matches going ahead after 22 inches of overnight snow in the US there's no reason they can't be ready in England.

Yeah, I know. In the US they find plenty of volunteers willing to shovel all the snow out - by hand, if necessary.

51177304.jpg

51177877.jpg

51177313.jpg

51177314.jpg

No one wants to be sued.

Pretty hard for travelling fans too.

I'm a bit surprised the games that were scheduled on Sky got called off though. Thought they'd have demanded that they go ahead. Especially the ones cancelled for safety reasons.

Oh get effed.

I knocked off work early so I could be home in time for the Chelsea game, and now it's been postponed.

If only the EPL could compensate me my $12 I miss out on by knocking off half an hour early. :mad:

Is there a limit as to how late games can be postponed for weather related reasons? I.e. are today's two games now definitely going ahead or could they still be called off?

Quite happy to have our game postponed, for the simple fact that we should have Carlton Cole playing in the game down the line, which could make a big difference in that fixture (although I would have been very confident in picking up the 3 points if the game went ahead nonethless).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back