NCAA ESPN Greatest Games [2006 Rose Bowl. USC Vs Texas] Friday 11AM ESPN2

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
I dont know if ESPN are doing this weekly like with the NFL games. But Friday ESPN are replaying the 06' Rose Bowl.

Hopefully they are doing this weekly.

Everyone do yourself a favor and watch or record this game.

Ok so in the US they are playing more classic games like th 2010 MSU/ND game tomorrow but we are stuck with the same old CBB games they have been showing the last few weeks.

ESPN have also updated WatchESPN. no longer works with an Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) on. and still no chromecast.

Love that they're doing this. I wish they'd show more classic content during normal times rather than some of the junk they chuck on. I guess there is the ESPN Classic channel over there which they usually use? They're doing iconic MNF games in the US too.

Will record.

Should just shown the greatest upsets of all time.
The Notre Dame vs Michigan State game that is replayed tomorrow in the US [while we get some 1980s basketball game for the 50th time] was a massive upset.

Ive been going through my hard drives. have every packers game from 2007 on and almost every stanford game from 2009 on.

The Notre Dame vs Michigan State game that is replayed tomorrow in the US [while we get some 1980s basketball game for the 50th time] was a massive upset.

Ive been going through my hard drives. have every packers game from 2007 on and almost every stanford game from 2009 on.

Didn't Stanford beat USC in one of the biggest upsets of all time?

Didn't Stanford beat USC in one of the biggest upsets of all time?
Yeah. 2007. USC were 42point favorites at home and Stanford was one of the worst programs in the nation. to the point where there was talk about either dropping football or moving to FCS.

and then again in 2009 when stanford were big road dogs and ran up the score. handed Pete Carroll his biggest loss at USC. and post game Pete refused to shake hands with Harbaugh and stuff was said.

Dont have the 07 game but have the 09 game.

actually looks like i only have 3 games from the 09 Stanford season. Oregon, USC and Notre dame.

USC and Stanford have had some amazing games. 2010 Luck threw a pick and just blew some dude up to force a fumble and get the ball back. 2011 game [3OT] it was wild. It was the day my girlfriend moved in with me and i was in the dog house day 1 because i was watching the final Q and OT while i was supposed to be helping here and unpack.

42 points ******* lol

Didnt realise carrol/harbaugh went pre nfc west days. Even more epic

Yea I didn't realise that either til a while ago, and another thing I didn't know, Richard Sherman was actually a WR his first few years in college at Stanford under Harbaugh. And apparently why Sherman hated SF so much in the NFL was cause of Harbaugh, apparently Sherman thinks Harbaugh went about purposely ruining his draft stock coz they didn't get along. And Pete Carroll apparently took a chance on him, cause Sherman hated Harbaugh as much as he did.

Wild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the first college football game I ever watched. Still have no idea why on 4th and 6 (i think it was 6) in the 4th quarter SC runs a toss to Reggie Bush. Made no sense then even though he had a ridiculous YPC, and it makes even less sense now.

I dont know if ESPN are doing this weekly like with the NFL games. But Friday ESPN are replaying the 06' Rose Bowl.

Hopefully they are doing this weekly.

Everyone do yourself a favor and watch or record this game.
Pfft

Got it on DVD (along with all 3 boise fiesta games, however, it won’t let me play the most recent one. Lucky I recorded it on Foxtel iq)

This was the first college football game I ever watched. Still have no idea why on 4th and 6 (i think it was 6) in the 4th quarter SC runs a toss to Reggie Bush. Made no sense then even though he had a ridiculous YPC, and it makes even less sense now.
Makes more sense than reggie bush’s impromptu lateral

Last edited:
Looks like it will be a weekly thing like they are doing with MNF on Tuesdays, MLB on Wednesdays, NBA on Thursdays, College Football on Fridays.

Nextweek will be Michigan Vs Ohio State from 2016.

And ESPNU will be showing other classic games tonight from 10:30PM with Ohio State Vs Miami 2003 Fiesta Bowl, 2016 National championship game Alabama Vs Clemson, 2014 National Championship game Auburn Vs FSU, Michigan Vs Ohio St 2006.

USC v Texas - iconic game!

I'd add to the list:

Michigan State @ Michigan in 2015

The fumbled snap that leads to the miracle at Michigan.

Wouldnt really call MSU/UM game that great. It had an iconic ending [but then again im saying the same about the Saints/Falcons MNF game they are showign this week, not a great game just a memorable moment]

Wouldnt really call MSU/UM game that great. It had an iconic ending [but then again im saying the same about the Saints/Falcons MNF game they are showign this week, not a great game just a memorable moment]
which game are they showing?

THe blocked punt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back