Club Focus Essendon 2020 - Caldwell, Hund, Wright, Cox, Perkins, Reid, Eyre, Brand

AFL Club Focus

What is the biggest priority at Essendon?

• Key forwards

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Key defenders

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Big mids

Votes: 52 51.5%
  • Ruck division

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

goodluck with Ryder, by the sounds of it EFC have offered him more money than the saints

my guess if EFC decide to go for Ryder an SPP, you guys might have to send Pick 29 to Port for them both
Would do that

It's patching over the cracks, but for a 2nd rounder it's worth the shot.

Ryder/TBC combination back in (albeit made of glass) until Draper is back
Meanwhile pick up a Scott Jones or similar as a DFA as a younger, fit option.

SPP steps in as the big body we're missing.
Rucks - Ryder, TBC, Jones, Draper
Inside Mids - SPP, Heppell, Clarke (Stringer and Langford supporting from the fwd line)
Outside Mids - Merrett, McGrath, Parish, Smith, McKenna (Ridley replaces him down back)
Shiel doing what he does at the stoppages.

So Ben McNiece (Cat B) and Jordan Houlahan cut. Leaves us with hopefully:

2+ years: Aaron Francis
1 year: Mitchell Brown, Tom Jok, Trent Mynott, Will Snelling
Delist/retire: Ben McNiece (Cat B), David Myers, Jake Long, Jordan Houlahan, Luke Lavender (Cat B), Mark Baguley, Matthew Dea, Zachary Clarke

Trade:

Michael Hartley and pick 65 to the Western Bulldogs for pick 46 (values him in the mid 50's if you use the points system as a guide like some do)
Jayden Laverde for a mid 40's pick (dreaming)

Paddy Ryder for pick 60

Have seven picks across the two drafts, not including a Draper upgrade or DFA/SSP signings, plus the Irish lad McQuillan as a Cat B rookie. Ideally get:

2x big bodied inside midfielders (one u/18, the other Mitch Hibberd from Williamstown)
2x two way running outside midfielders (one u/18, one mature age)
1x developing key defender (Mason Fletcher?)
1x key forward (Jake Riccardi)
1x developing ruckman (Riley Bowman)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the pesky grand final is out of the way it's time for the real stuff.

The jackets are clean and ready to go.

Such is his confidence Dodoro is giving the rest a first round draft pick head start. But we all know who is about to win trade week. I reckon this will be the finest of his 3peat. Can't wait.

As far I can tell we have been linked to

Sam Powell Pepper
Dougal Howard
Ed Langdon (not sure if we are still into him)
i havent seen Dodo on the Call Twormey Podcast yet either so aint heard of what he's up to really when it comes to Trades

Unless Joe leaves, which is far from a forgone conclusion until it's announced, it's very difficult to see Essendon making any big moves in this trade period given our activity over the last two years and the fact that there's a coaching change on the horizon at the end of next year.

Back