Review Freo Get a Coffee in Melbourne in the 2nd Quarter of an AFL Match (Rd 18 Review vs Pies)

Remove this Banner Ad

They both attended numerous centre bounces in the 2nd half but why would you put then in there just to get a kick when we have better quality young midfielders sitting on the bench waiting for their turn. Give guys like Henry, Johnson, Erasmus and NOD more time in the middle or wing, don’t waste there opportunities in trying to get Shultz or Switter a kick. I agree with the previous poster if we are going to move up the ladder they need to be moved out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because when things go pear shaped, good coaches throw some guys around to try get them Involved. Both are best 22 players out of form. In the middle they add pads and pressure. Given the pies were walking it out, might have made a diff for a bit

Like Perth, Melbourne have places that serve superb coffee and others that are awful. Strange to even say Melbourne has bad coffee, if you believe this then you clearly haven't been to many cafes. If your experience is limited to inner city Starbucks then I could understand this misguided view. There's some brilliant places outside the CBD
Starbucks buy up the worst quality beans and then burn the living s**t out of them so that they taste the same worldwide, burnt on purpose to hide the defects and insect bites etc.

Starbucks buy up the worst quality beans and then burn the living s**t out of them so that they taste the same worldwide, burnt on purpose to hide the defects and insect bites etc.
I’ve never had a Starbucks coffee so I’ll take your word for it

Yes mate, be more condescending and confidently wrong.
Wrong about what?

Only Melbourne can brew a good coffee?

* off, *******.

Umpires must get in the votes.
Two team’s totally umpired differently.
4 goal advantage check.

Yeah, the Pies would have had us covered either way but there were clearly two sets of rules out there today. How many times did they full-blooded tackle one of our players to the ground without the ball and we got nothing, but if we so much as laid a finger on them at a stoppage it was a holding free.

I always say you can get a good gauge of umpire bias (conscious or otherwise) by how quickly they blow the whistle. Super fast whistles are an indicator that they're actively looking to pay free kicks.

Now with that in mind compare how long it took that ump to pay the HTB free to MJ after he brought down that Pie who had played on. The play was completely finished and MJ had time to be back up on his knees and give the ump an incredulous WTF motion before he finally conceded it was so staggeringly blatant he couldn't ignore it. Now compare that to the one when Switta was mown down from behind where they'd already blown the whistle before he'd even hit the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Erasmus gets a run at it now.
Needs to tidy up his kick and decision making but can’t fault his aggression and ball winning ability.

Would like to remain competitive whilst seeing some debuts.

Horrible season. Could throw a blanket over teams 4 or 5 to 15. Sadly, but typically we find ourselves at the bottom of that blanket.

This is probably one of the more instructive demographics posts of the season because the two teams are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

They had 3 years and 3 seasons worth of experience on us on average. It's a big part of why they're contending and we struggle for any consistency, both week-to-week and within games. Also makes it a lot easier for their youngsters to play well thanks to all the experienced bodies and leadership around them.

1689416567970.png

Hope Erasmus gets a run at it now.
Needs to tidy up his kick and decision making but can’t fault his aggression and ball winning ability.

Would like to remain competitive whilst seeing some debuts.

Horrible season. Could throw a blanket over teams 4 or 5 to 15. Sadly, but typically we find ourselves at the bottom of that blanket.
I disagree with this. The ladder never lies and we are a long long way off several of the sides in the 4-15 bracket.
Our percentage is terrible, our on field leadership is weak as piss and we are a genuine bottom 4 side.
Many neutrals will have us pegged as a bottom 3 side next year. Hawthorn are improving rapidly.
Where do you see us finishing next year out of interest?

Wrong about what?

Only Melbourne can brew a good coffee?

* off, *******.
Classic Western Australian insecurity. Just accept Perth is the most isolated capital of the world, WA’s social and economic policies are 20 years behind the rest of the Nation, and there are obvious reasons why most Australians havent even been to WA.

Perth makes a good coffee, but they learnt the craft from Melbourne.

This is probably one of the more instructive demographics posts of the season because the two teams are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

They had 3 years and 3 seasons worth of experience on us on average. It's a big part of why they're contending and we struggle for any consistency, both week-to-week and within games. Also makes it a lot easier for their youngsters to play well thanks to all the experienced bodies and leadership around them.

View attachment 1739441
Never mind one of their youngest and least experienced players is their best player.

Never mind one of their youngest and least experienced players is their best player.
In 2020 Collingwood won a final and traded their future 1st to gws. That ended up being pick 2. But they could do that because they knew they had a f/s that would’ve used up their first round pick anyway. And he just happened to be the best young player in the game.

So infuriating how Victorian teams (and the northern academies) get to exploit a system so much that already favours them so heavily. Meanwhile we can’t match an academy pick at 27 when every other team can bc god forbid we get an advantage the vice teams don’t.

Put him in the eagles team with no support and I doubt he'd be going quite so well.

But regardless, I don't think you should be setting your expectations of young players based on one of the most elite outlier freaks we've seen in a long time.

Classic Western Australian insecurity. Just accept Perth is the most isolated capital of the world, WA’s social and economic policies are 20 years behind the rest of the Nation, and there are obvious reasons why most Australians havent even been to WA.

Perth makes a good coffee, but they learnt the craft from Melbourne.
17BE8CD2-578D-4E80-8344-F0E0341DB4B0.gif

Switta has been non existent and Freddy has had a quiet season in general.

How often do you see JL trying to get them in game? Switta has proven he can play midfield, yet we rarely see it. Does JL flip some magnets for a few minutes to get Freddy, Schultz or Walters involved in the game?

I call that lazy coaching
I cant see switta as a pinch hitter in the midfield tbh. As much as i love his speed the opposition target him and when he goes to ground he gets crushed. He wouldnt last physically.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back