Preview Geelong v Gold Coast @ GMHBA | Saturday, 4 July 2020, 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still washing the hands trying to get the smell of the last game off me.

IT was putrid really.

But onwards and upwards I guess.

So to the GCS - whom after 325325235 First round picks and 500 million dollars have finally gotten it right, managed to keep their kids and are delivering like never before.

But before them, we have to acknowledge two not only our Legends of the club, but Legends of the game.

Joel Selwood plays game 300

Gary Ablett Jnr plays game 350.

There are threads to honour and respect them both so i'lll keep it brief here - but its been a priviledge to watch them both over the last 17 years or so. So many highlights, so many moments that have made them both what they are.

The respect they get this week should reflect their status and position in the game. Even the flogs will have to admit their respect.

And the GCS will be looking to spoil the party.
The Demons did it for Boris' 300th - and what a way for GCS to confirm their new found and decade overdue success ( consider the handouts theyve had and ****ed up over and over and over) than to spoil this party at KP.

And after our last effort, its gonna be a challenge for us the likes not seen in a while.

But we are Geelong, or as some may asay a weird version of it... and we are going to need to be the best version of it to win this one.

If ever there was a time to do it, do it for Joel and Gaz.

GO Catters

I’m predicting more ugliness and Cats to be done here quite comfortably. Young enthusiastic football to destroy our non existent game plan.

A Milestone game like no other. The Club will do everything in its power to mark the occasion and it'll be up to the team to deliver. Which they will. Oh, and let's hope for the footy gods to smile on Gaz and Sell. You know, like maybe the umps not pinging them for the slightest indiscretion and paying them a free kick when it's so often blatantly ignored. And it wouldn't hurt us either if it's cold, bitter, windy and wet so the pampered pets from the up north get real taste of Kardinia Park hospitality. Go Cats!

Huge game for GAJ and Selwood with this one being their 350th and 300th games respectively. I'm sure all the boys will be fired up to perform in such a massive milestone game for the club.

Obviously a lot of eyes will be on Matt Rowell as its his first AFL game in Victoria and he's just come off three best on ground performances in a row. Who do you guys think you'll send to him?

I really felt we matched up well on you guys last year in the Metricon fixture but I know Hawkins was having it his own way for most of the match (kicked 4.3 for the night) and that was largely due to Collins and Thompson both being injured at the time but this time around Collins will be available and looks to be a good match up for Hawkins. Up the other end I think it'll be fascinating to see Harry Taylor play on the emerging Ben King. The midfield contests will also be a really interesting battle with Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett and Steven to go head to head with Rowell, Swallow, Greenwood, Weller and Miller. There's also a little whisper that Izak Rankine may make his AFL debut in this game.

I can't wait! What are your thoughts?

We are in for a rough year, but very confident of winning this one. The home ground against an inexperienced side, and then the two intangibles of the milestones and Suns due a down week.

We will then hit the skids from there.

It’ll be nice to beat the silver spooners for the milestones of our club and game legends , it’ll be a challenge as due to GCS endless high draft picks youths and AFL protection that has lead them to a good form so far the year.

here’s hoping we can wear them down enough to overcome them in the late stages of the game.

I detest this team like no other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've been WLWLWL since mid-2019, and I see that trend continuing.

From yesterday's snore-fest, I thought the Fort/Rat combo was worth persisting with.

I'm hoping for an injection of speed and youth and a daring game style down the center of the KP oval to combat the same from the GCS. I'm expecting an injection of 'reliability' and old age and a chip-chip-chip game style to try to eke out an 8 goals to 7 win.

I hate saying it, but I almost hope the GCS maul us, as I feel that a few beltings are the only chance of the current coaching panel giving the young guys a run. We're not up to the standard of the top few this year (Collingwood, Brisbane, GWS, PA) based on what I've been watching; too slow and with an outdated game style.

I'd love to see Narkle, Kreuger, Clarke, Constable and Cockatoo (all or nothing now; put him in) in the side, but obviously no chance. We could definitely give a mix of Stevens, Atkins, Rohan & Menegola a 'rest'.

Need to take this game on and have a crack. Last game was horrible to watch. GC will be hungry to try and show Gaz what he is missing too especially in his milestone 350th. yeah would love to see Narks, Clarke, Krueger and even Cocky in but the match committee is too conservative. Scotty better put a rocket under them for this week and tell them to play an attacking gamestyle. Almost prefer to lose having a red hot go rather than falling over the line like last week. Go hard or go home.

Hahaha the gold coast fans are on our board to give us crap again lol......They did it after they won in the pre-season game never seen one fan on our board before this year..................just gold

The game isn't even guaranteed to go ahead. Queensland government aren't letting Richmond enter the state for Thursday night. Will they be allowing the Suns to travel to Victoria and back as well?

The game isn't even guaranteed to go ahead. Queensland government aren't letting Richmond enter the state for Thursday night. Will they be allowing the Suns to travel to Victoria and back as well?

Quite possible they won't and probably shouldn't.

I think the Suns are landing at Avalon game-day - bus to ground - bus to Avalon - out-a-here, so there's minimal risk.

But the chance of a second wave now is getting pretty strong...I doubt the Pies and us will even be allowed into WA for the hub.

I was curious about how or if the Eagles vs Richmond game would go ahead, as it was 8 days ago that the Queensland government came out with this:

Queensland’s Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young has today updated the number of declared COVID-19 hotspots in Victoria.

The declared hotspots now include all 31 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Greater Melbourne, as well as five bordering LGAs - Murrindindi, Mitchell, Moorabool, Macedon Ranges and Greater Geelong...

...Anyone who has travelled to or lived in one of the declared hotspots within 14 days of travel to Queensland must self-quarantine for 14 days upon entering Queensland, unless the travel to Queensland is for a limited number of essential purposes.

Penalties apply for not complying with the direction.

I then started thinking about the impact on our game against the Suns, but because the was nothing raised by the AFL I thought that maybe there was an exception for sports - pretty sure I read something about those involved with Supercars being exempt, and the Storm have relocated to the Sunshine Coast also after being granted an exemption

Seriously we will win this one comfortably. I’ve never been surer. You line the two teams up and we just don’t lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back