No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made me barrack for the dogs so hard thinking that shaw may end up with a medal. What about when he tipped on his teammates...everyone has played with blokes like that and have no respect for them. Libba got in his head bigtime.
Shaw already has a Premiership medal though

Grizz, do you (or does anyone else) know if someone has anyone summarised the benefits the new clubs have been given, club by club? Have heard lots of bits and pieces, but never seen it all in one place.

I don't know, to be honest.

Unless I'm not listening to the right people, I'm hearing nothing about several acts of brutality perpetuated by GWS players yesterday. If they were performed by Luke Hodge there'd be people calling for a life suspension.

I cannot get over the full on punch by Wilson, but because he grabbed some jumper, the commentators just trivialised it as a jumper punch. Then there was another little thug who lined up a Bulldogs player, ran in and swung from the hip. Luckily, the Bulldogs player moved or he'd be in hospital right now.

It's easy to see what Sheedy did for the Giants, they're a bunch of thugs, but nobody in the media says anything.

Last edited:
Following on from AH - I thought Mumford was very reserved last night - making sure he was available for the Grannie next week.
Only 1 problem ...............
Boyd was out on his fear and mummy couldn't take advantage. Really poor game by mummy overall made worse with ward out of action. They missed the physical presence to stand up to the Bulldogs pressure.

Unless I'm not listening to the right people, I'm hearing nothing about several acts of brutality perpetuated by GWS players yesterday. If they were performed by Luke Hodge there'd be people calling for a life suspension.

I cannot get over the full on punch by Wilson, but because he grabbed some jumper, the commentators just trivialised it as a jumper punch. Then there was another little thug who lined up a Bulldogs player, ran in and swung from the hip. Luckily, the Bulldogs player moved or he's be in hospital right now.

It's easy to see what Sheedy did for the Giants, they're a bunch of thugs, but nobody in the media says anything.

Are the media paid by the A.F.L. or the broadcaster? It appears to me they have strict guidelines by which to call the game. One only has to go back to to last year to remember how Lewis and Hodge were convicted and sentenced by the media for their actions. I have seen just as rough tactics in other games, there were several yesterday, but no comments are made, only excuses, or remarks like "that was nearly high," by those calling the game.

Any Shady coached team will play rough, that's his thing.

One has the feeling that we will have equalization, no matter what it costs. I use the A.F.L. definition of equalization here not the one you would find in the dictionary.

The bigger the A.F.L get the more corrupt it becomes. Maybe they won't catch up to FIFA, but they are giving it their best.

I cannot get over the full on punch by Wilson, but because he grabbed some jumper, the commentators just trivialised it as a jumper punch. Then there was another little thug who lined up a Bulldogs player, ran in and swung from the hip. Luckily, the Bulldogs player moved or he'd be in hospital right now.

The narrative around the GWS is sickening.

The dialogue isn't about the insane concessions they've had, but rather 'how they've built the club'.

And similarly, the onfield stuff is contextualised the same way.

Want to really feel sickened by them? Go and read anything that dribbles out of Dave Mathews mouth.

Who knew the doggies had so many posters

On a side note, I noticed during the anthem yesterday that Jeremy Cameron was wearing what I call the Tom Harley smirk. Seems he also played the same way yesterday

The dialogue isn't about the insane concessions they've had, but rather 'how they've built the club'.

Want to really feel sickened by them? Go and read anything that dribbles out of Dave Mathews mouth.
Grizz check your texts

Was surprised to find myself going for GWS last night. Call me a sadist, but I would've found it amusing to see the Dogs lose again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was a no win situation yesterday

Dogs win and i have to listen to "brave Dogs" nonsense for a week.
GWS win and i have to put up with Kevin Sheedy for a week and hearing about how much he did for the club (which is practically nothing the way i see it)

...i suppose we ended up with the lesser of 2 evils

GWS win and i have to put up with Kevin Sheedy for a week and hearing about how much he did for the club (which is practically nothing the way i see it)

Yep, I'm no Dogs fan.
I work with a true Bulldogs whinger: he's a professional, intelligent and quite pleasant, but is a "the AFL/umpires/everyone hates the Bulldogs" person.

Never stops complaining about free kicks even though they're the umpires pets.

I'd hate Sydney to win but the alternative is also awful!

Yep, I'm no Dogs fan.
I work with a true Bulldogs whinger: he's a professional, intelligent and quite pleasant, but is a "the AFL/umpires/everyone hates the Bulldogs" person.

i actually wouldnt mind a Sydney win.
despite our intense rivalry and their AFL assisted playing list there's a small part of me that still loves the big Budwah and wants to see him succeed.

To be fair, I think what the Bulldogs have achieved so far in 2016 has been a tremendous effort. We were quite happy to pat ourselves on the back with our flags and the adversities we had to overcome along the way. I see the Bulldogs' efforts as commendable.

The second part I agree with. I am so tired of the media heaping praise on Sheedy that really isn't warranted. First coach to have aboriginal players combining together. Hello, anyone heard of the Krakouer brothers? He invented Anzac Day apparently, he also won flags with players from other clubs ... invented handball too, apparently. Sheedy was the first ... even though they'd all been done before.

Poor Stevie J, maybe his mother could send him a "cheering up" letter that goes something like:

Dear my big, beautiful boy, don't worry even if you played your team still would have lost.

Doesn't sound right for Stevie, mum goes the other way:

Had you played, gws win and had a good chance at winning the flag.

Ouch! no good for Stevie too.

Maybe his father can step in with:

Dear Stevie, its not your fault. You were born as dumb as dog s**t. Don't call us, we'll call you.

And Stevie's a bit happier with this.

In any case poor Stevie J cannot win on this one.

Cameron was interviewed during the week, and the lead-in was all about the "hard" years of defeat leading up to some (assumed) success.

Cameron said something like "it's been a tough few years of pain and getting thrashed week after week..."

Yep, I'm no Dogs fan.

They lead the free kicks in the comp and have the balls to say childish things against us.
And I work with 3 similar flogs to you.
Last year one refused to get a membership because the old hack Bob Murphy was not delisted.
Next minute, we can't win the flag without Bob and Sicily should be sued for causing the injury.
Anybody that knows Dogs flogs will be mowing the lawn, picking the lint out of their belly button or doing anything else but watching the game this weekend.
They are complete flogs and the assistance they have received via the umpires this year is just a farce....yet they still whinge!
Sydney by a point please footy Gods! But I won't be watching.

p.s. Go Casey!

Anyone complaining about what they are going to hear or see in the media this week could always take Abasi's advice and just switch off.

Massive effort from the doggies to get there when you look at their injuries over the year and how many happened during games and they just kept going.

Coached to take advantage of the current rules, play with a lot of energy and don't give up. Much rather see them have a win than the swans, but it's not like you have to watch, it is the off season after all ;)

To be fair, I think what the Bulldogs have achieved so far in 2016 has been a tremendous effort. We were quite happy to pat ourselves on the back with our flags and the adversities we had to overcome along the way. I see the Bulldogs' efforts as commendable.

Achievement? Winning a flag against non-Victorian opposition at the MCG is easy. Just ask BigFooty... :)

Did you hear during the broadcast yesterday the expected, yet sickening words "there's Kevin Sheedy - you can't underestimate [sic] what this man has done for the club as their inaugural coach, make no mistake about that"

Did you hear during the broadcast yesterday the expected, yet sickening words "there's Kevin Sheedy - you can't underestimate [sic] what this man has done for the club as their inaugural coach, make no mistake about that"

A bit like Barassi coaching Sydney. 15th, 15th and 12th, then Rocket Eade takes them from 12th into a Grand Final, but all we heard was how much Barassi had contributed to it :) These guys are media darlings and they'll get praise, no matter how insignificant their contributions were.

and the "sincere" hand shakes whilst on camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back