Analysis Good, Bad, Ugly, and Surprising vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Hamill - Reckon he probably saved us conceding 5+ goals from his pressure acts and not giving up on contests. Lightening quick too.
Hamill is a weird one because I saw him bob up a fair bit today but despite this his stat sheet is pretty ugly. Doesn't matter though, if he had a low possession game but still contributed pressure off the ball, that's already a massive improvement on the brand of footy we've been producing as a club these last few years.

Hamill is a weird one because I saw him bob up a fair bit today but despite this his stat sheet is pretty ugly. Doesn't matter though, if he had a low possession game but still contributed pressure off the ball, that's already a massive improvement on the brand of footy we've been producing as a club these last few years.

That's a bit stiff on Hamill he'll come along at his own pace and whilst he may not shoot the lights out, anyone complaining may end up with it all over their face

That's a bit stiff on Hamill he'll come along at his own pace and whilst he may not shoot the lights out, anyone complaining may end up with it all over their face
Yeah Hamill reminds me of Tregenza. He will be a v.good player for us and probably have a similar career.

Last edited:
I don't care too much for the stats as long as he continues to chase down opponents. He is blistering and the type that makes other teams nervous.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the heart form the boys. Showed it a bit late last year and they came through after those demolishing losses to Port.

Better culture and the only way is up. Only slight concern is we need more talent, when you look at Port, Dogs and others up their their talent is frightening. Sydney as well look to have pulled a port 2018.

Draft this year looks good. Jimmy, Berry and can't wait for Thilt to develop.

Loved the heart form the boys. Showed it a bit late last year and they came through after those demolishing losses to Port.

Better culture and the only way is up. Only slight concern is we need more talent, when you look at Port, Dogs and others up their their talent is frightening. Sydney as well look to have pulled a port 2018.

Draft this year looks good. Jimmy, Berry and can't wait for Thilt to develop.

nothing to say about Tex? That’s so unlike you 😘

When Tex plays like that, everyone else walks taller.

Some seriously good chases and defensive efforts in there as well. Butts in the first half, Smith in the third term, Hamill's chase on Danger, Keays with repeat efforts, McPherson against Jenkins and the Murphy chase in the last term. That's what we've lacked for a long time.

One thing I noticed that was like "Finally!". Not taking possession when the ball is in the air and you have to leave your feet to grab it. Almost went like volleyball instead and tapped those to our teammates advantage which kept us in possession and moving the ball.
Took us ******* ages to start doing this but I'm glad they're finally doing it. Teams like Richmond and the Bulldogs can tear teams apart with a well timed knock of the ball to a teammate out in space. With the frenetic pace footy is played at these days, sometimes not taking possession is the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back