• Izak Rankine

• Harry Schoenberg

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

he's always had the idiot streak. (The completely memory-holed loss to Brisbane in 2012 for example.) But the bad rarely outweighs the good if you exclude a certain off-field incident.
The off-field incident was a complete storm in a teacup

Why isn't Laird leading that though? Surely he's not providing that info to the coaches and they're refusing to make a move. Just another example of senior players playing injured or hanging onto the high ranking roles for dear life.
Laird should have made the change himself. Nicks looks incapable of changing his structures if its not working. If Laird won't make the change then Dawson should.

Why are you displayed as a Blues supporter, Mr Tate
Dictator Chief isn't a fan of free speech unless you barrack for the blues. I'm a crows supporter who identifies as a blues supporter so that Chief leaves me alone from his left wing propaganda surveillance system. Go you blue baggers, surely a flag is possible in the next 50 years.

Last edited:
Dictator Chief isn't a fan of free speech unless you barrack for the blues. I'm a crows supporter who identifies as a blues supporter so that Chief leaves me alone from his left wing propaganda surveillance system. Go you blue baggers, surely a flag is possible in the next 50 years.
So who were you before?

Good:

First half
Rankine having 7 shots on goal.
I thought ROB played well, especially in that first half.

Bad:

Mathew Nicks
Selection/usage of Tyler Brown as the sub.
Goal kicking

Ugly:

How do you go into round 1 with only fringe defender Worrell on the injury list against a side missing Pruess/Bedford/Davis and then get a 30 point lead before they lose two absolute guns in Whitfield and Kelly to injury and not win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought chief was a hawks flog

Pedler, rachele and rankine look set to make us a better team than last year but wow our midfield is still a fair way off.

Laird won’t have many games like that. Shoenberg fumbles far too often and makes bad decisions by foot.

As bad as it was we could have finished off the game by quarter time if we have kicked straight.
I had high hopes for Schoenberg but he is an average footballer.

Was busy during the game and only finally got to watch the last of it on Thurs.

Overall if most people had said we'd go down by 16 to GWS most would've taken that and said it was a reasonable result. I'm a bit disappointed, I thought we were a red hot chance to get them and really, but for a couple of easily correctable things and one not so easily correctable thing we lost.

Easily correctable thing number one is experience of young players. There was probably across the game about two dozen simple mistakes we made that we won't do once our players are a bit more experienced. Kicking OOF, a couple of costly fumbles, that Dawson short kick to Max, stuff like that.

Another easily correctable thing that won't take long to correct is just a few people not being on board with our gameplan. Rankine was the worst offender here, exactly like Dawson was early last year. Brown also did a bit of this, again for obvious reasons, they'll no doubt pick up the setup and adjust and a few mistakes that were made wont appear again.

The last one, the not so easily correctable one is the umpiring. Both us and GWS appear to be pretty disciplined so there wasn't a heap of frees there but they got the rub of the umpires in the second half whereas we never had it at all for the whole game. I forgot my old conspiracy theory too that the AFL tries to manufacture wins to all the home teams in the first two rounds of the season. So we should've known we were gonna get reamed last week. Today, in theory, we should be treated extra well, which means we should just have unbiased either way for the game, which I'll take.

Good
Rankine, especially scoring shots, some more goals would've been nice.
Rachele
McAdam did pretty well.
Sloane
Murray good early but faded.
Max

Ok
Laird, not poor, but not his normal good self, probably the same for Berry too.
Himmelberg, ok by his standards, which is better than it normally is.
Doedee, did pretty well but Green also got a lot of goals.

Bad
Some pretty poor chasing from us at times, that run on from Callaghan where no one chased him was pretty bad. You can see why people like Jones and McHenry and Sholl would get a game from stuff like that. They might not get a heap of it, or do speccy stuff with it, but there's no way they'd let a guy like that go unchased.
ROB's second half ruck work. Got badly beaten.
Hinge was well down on his pre-season self I thought.
Accuracy.

Ugly
McAdams bump's treatment by the VFL. Severe. Where on his head did he hit, front, back, side, top? Front wasn't it? What was the damage to the front of his face? Blood nose, split lip, lost tooth, broken jaw.... ohh nothing, not even a bruise. F me.

Back