News Hinkley is staying -3 year contract extension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know we have various Hinkley threads but this situation has moved beyond the "I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley thread.
However the mods are welcome to merge if they decide it's appropriate.
Austalian article posted overnight.

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley has sought a release from his contract in a bid to become the third coach of the AFL-owned Gold Coast.

The Australian understands the “robust” meeting, away from Port Adelaide’s suburban headquarters and attended by several administration and football staff, failed to resolve the situation.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e/news-story/b0cfb3e1f1d9ec8afcd75b5f70122a18

We had better get massive compensation. Surely this will open the floodgates of what a contract means or perhaps AFTER they get their man to the GCS the AFL will put rules in place to prevent poaching in future when a coach is in contract.
Such is life. End of day kens decision. I personally won't be guttered he is leaving. Be interesting if they elevate Bassett or Voss or go for new coach.

Such is life. End of day kens decision. I personally won't be guttered he is leaving. Be interesting if they elevate Bassett or Voss or go for new coach.
If they elevate Voss there would be a big backlash I reckon. The timing is crap considering our Magpies have a GF this weekend.

I'm glad the GC are making the decision for us. I feel like we would have been too nice a gave him an extension. He wasn't taking us any further. The fact this is happening before the season is even over tells me Ken has been angling for this before the end of the season.

Gold coast need to pony up compo or we tell Ken he can't coach for the year he has remaining on his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll have the ability to lure players to the GCS now.
The players will be upset, very.
We are stuffed unless we get a top replacement.
It's not just thundercloud who is devastated :(
I just won't be joining in the celebrations on this board.
The media will tear us apart due to Koch comments but using him as a scapegoat whereas really it's the SA media who have much to answer for. They and our neighbours will be loving it.

He'll have the ability to lure players to the GCS now.
The players will be upset, very.
We are stuffed unless we get a top replacement.
It's not just thundercloud who is devastated :(
I just won't be joining in the celebrations on this board.
The media will tear us apart due to Koch comments but using him as a scapegoat whereas really it's the SA media who have much to answer for. They and our neighbours will be loving it.

Most Crows supporters I know like him as coach as they see we won't get anywhere with him -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back