How are Richmond going...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Porthos
Collingwood fans won't trade Richard Cole. Would Collingwood agree with them?

Porthos, I'm actually a Bulldogs supporter. Just having seen this kid play, he's gonna be a star. I know he had a shocker on Grand Final Day, but I reckon he'll come good.

Well unless I missed something, they want to trade for a star, so it would make sense that it would cost them something close to a star to acquire.

Well unless I missed something, they want to trade for a star, so it would make sense that it would cost them something close to a star to acquire.

Fair enough...but I'd think they'd try to involve a third club as opposed to giving up Richard Cole.

Originally posted by Tank
Fair enough...but I'd think they'd try to involve a third club as opposed to giving up Richard Cole.
No doubt, and thats why this is where we find out how serious they are. They can do it, but it won't be at bargain basement prices.

No doubt, and thats why this is where we find out how serious they are. They can do it, but it won't be at bargain basement prices.

You hope it won't be at bargain basement prices. Port does not have the upper hand.

Originally posted by hotpie
You hope it won't be at bargain basement prices. Port does not have the upper hand.
Despite four bidding clubs and a player that hasn't declared either a preferred club, or an intent to nominate for the preseason draft? Oho.

I can't see Port really getting what they want on this one. No clubs will want to give up two first round picks, it will be a max of one + a player. Collingwood isn't really in a good position with Pick 17. If they can strike a deal which sees something go to Melbourne and then Pick 5 to Port it may be ok but it is going to take a lot for Melbourne to give up Pick 5, and Collingwood don't exactly have hard in and under midfielders that they are either
A) Going to give up
B) Worth Pick 5

Essendon won't take him, too much money.

Carlton won't give up Pick 2.

Port can't play hardball on this. What other clubs may be interested? North Melbourne? St Kilda?

Originally posted by GhostofJimJess
Just off the top of my head ....

Barry Young
Doc Wheildon
Derek Kickett

.... any other takers ??
As for those 3 where they on 400k pa?
Kickett would have been worth if fit.

Damn i hate Melbourne... They are OFFICIALLY now my number 1 hated club (An hour ago it was Richmond but i am over Solly now)...

One thing scares me... Someone posted that they heard of fox sports he (stevens) came down to talk to Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood.. I was REALLY confident but as soon as i read that i was like going from :) to :( in seconds.....

Despite four bidding clubs and a player that hasn't declared either a preferred club, or an intent to nominate for the preseason draft? Oho.

Yet if they all deem two high draft picks to be too high a price, they'll sit back and make Port sweat.

The ball is really in Collingwood's court at the moment. We'll see next week just how serious they are about Stevens. If they think two first round draft picks is too high, they'll offer less than enticing deals to Port. Port will knock them back. Melbourne will offer pick #5, and Port will ask for the second pick.

Port are in a good position to get something quite worthy of Stevens, but if they get too greedy, they could end up getting rather desperate towards the end of trade week. I would have thought that Port would have been better off teasing out a deal with Stevens. By asking for two first round draft picks straight off the bat, they've scared a lot of clubs. But if they let clubs come to them with less than appealing offers and tell them that they're almost there, other clubs will be more inclined to seriously bid for Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back