Rumour Hugh Greenwood waiting to re-sign!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure it isn't actually. What are you trying to accuse me of anyway?

I think you’re doing a pretty good job of outing yourself

Look at this way, whether it’s Hugh’s faith or a tribute to his mother

* You notice
* It makes you uncomfortable
* You think nothing weird about feeling this way
*It’s so normal you happily admit publicly
*You continue to argue there is nothing unusual about feeling uncomfortable regarding another persons choices that have no bearing on you

C’mon if you can’t see the problem with caring about this sort of thing...

Why do you care? What about it makes you so uncomfortable that it provokes mixed feelings of any kind.

Anyway, I’ve said my piece. Feel free to gurn out a few more I don’t care (yes I do), I don’t care (really I do)’s

Really will be gutted if he leaves. I know we're married to the Crouch's and we need more pace around them but Hugh's such an inspirational figure - after Sloane it's like he gives the biggest emotional lift. For a team with lots of solid players, he has big moments in games that we lack without McGovern. And he'll only do more of this in the next 3 years.

Really will be gutted if he leaves. I know we're married to the Crouch's and we need more pace around them but Hugh's such an inspirational figure - after Sloane it's like he gives the biggest emotional lift. For a team with lots of solid players, he has big moments in games that we lack without McGovern. And he'll only do more of this in the next 3 years.

Listening to Pyke's presser today I have some real doubts he'll be with us next year, I'm getting the vibe there's too big a gap in what Hugh and his management think he's worth and what we value him at.

Listening to Pyke's presser today I have some real doubts he'll be with us next year, I'm getting the vibe there's too big a gap in what Hugh and his management think he's worth and what we value him at.

I got the opposite impression from that presser. Seems to me that they are negotiating length of contract and $ and once the horse-trading is at an end the contract will be signed. He wants to stay and that's always a good starting point.

Can we get an independent party to access his value. We do have a reputation.

I got the opposite impression from that presser. Seems to me that they are negotiating length of contract and $ and once the horse-trading is at an end the contract will be signed. He wants to stay and that's always a good starting point.

I had the same thought as beartoo.

Pyke didn’t say anything like ‘we want to keep him’ about Greenwood.

I think you’re doing a pretty good job of outing yourself
Outing myself? I straight up admitted I don't like religion in this thread. You really broke the da vinci code there genius.

Look at this way, whether it’s Hugh’s faith or a tribute to his mother

* You notice
Yes I have working eyes and a brain.
* It makes you uncomfortable
Not uncomfortable. The realisation I'm sharing the planet with grown adults who believe in fairy tales mostly makes me feel sadness and a looming sense of dread that our species has no future.

* You think nothing weird about feeling this way
Pretty sure religious freedom implies I'm allowed to feel whatever I like as long as I don't impinge on someone elses right to worship.

*You continue to argue there is nothing unusual about feeling uncomfortable regarding another persons choices that have no bearing on you
"Choice" is a funny way to describe indoctrination.

C’mon if you can’t see the problem with caring about this sort of thing...

Why do you care? What about it makes you so uncomfortable that it provokes mixed feelings of any kind.
Wait are you really asking me why religion provokes mixed feelings? Lmao.

Anyway, I’ve said my piece. Feel free to gurn out a few more I don’t care (yes I do), I don’t care (really I do)’s
Rest now Sanders. Your galaxy brain has been working overtime tonight.

I had the same thought as beartoo.

Pyke didn’t say anything like ‘we want to keep him’ about Greenwood.
I think coaches need to be measured in what they say about players in this sort of situation, because there's a bit to play out and the coach is not the final / overall decision maker. So it'd be unwise to say something like "Hughie is very much a required player and I'm really looking forward to playing him in our best 22 for years to come" - nek minnit Hughie gets a godfather offer, etc etc... They (coaches) just need to keep it measured.

There’s always going to be a couple of shitful clubs with bucketloads of spare cash and a desire for an instant lift and a good news recruitment.

Outing myself? I straight up admitted I don't like religion in this thread. You really broke the da vinci code there genius.

Yes I have working eyes and a brain.

Not uncomfortable. The realisation I'm sharing the planet with grown adults who believe in fairy tales mostly makes me feel sadness and a looming sense of dread that our species has no future.

Pretty sure religious freedom implies I'm allowed to feel whatever I like as long as I don't impinge on someone elses right to worship.

"Choice" is a funny way to describe indoctrination.

Wait are you really asking me why religion provokes mixed feelings? Lmao.

Rest now Sanders. Your galaxy brain has been working overtime tonight.

spent a bit too long in the pub to maintain the pretence of not caring huh? 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw this highlight again.

Hope he re-signs. So much quality in whatever he does on field!

Also note: this was a clip in 2017.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want him leaving. Greenwood has the potential to be our best rotating midfielder/forward if he gets fitter. One of the most cleanest hands in the AFL already, and great both aerially and on the ground. Why the heck would anyone want him gone??

The more I think about it, the more I don't want him leaving. Greenwood has the potential to be our best rotating midfielder/forward if he gets fitter. One of the most cleanest hands in the AFL already, and great both aerially and on the ground. Why the heck would anyone want him gone??
Totally agree. We have no one and will get no one to replace him.

Because we have a desperate need to restock the team and get more 10 year players in. You gotta give something to get something and given we won't likely contend over the next couple of years than a guy like Greenwood who likely only has 2-3 years left is expendable.

I don't think anyone is celebrating trading him, but our list is massively unbalanced age wise for what our long term prospects look like and it needs to be fixed over the next couple of years.

Trade him, perfect player to do so.

Has never consistently hit the standard he is capable of - but shown enough of it that we should get good value out of him.

Make a statement, trade aggressively.
The issue is he will move on to another club where he will excel and it will be another player we failed to develop properly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back