Rumour Hugh Greenwood waiting to re-sign!

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m glad he’s signed. Unless we were going to get a top 20 pick or help with Luko what’s the point of more picks 40 plus? They won’t get games

I was hoping we'd get a second rounder out of Hugh. Devastated if we keep him. He's still a fringe player who can't run a game out.

There's every chance at this club that we were going to Jarryd Lyons him

Interesting that it only says Season 4.

One year deal? Surely not.
Isn't season 4 in the can referring to just finishing his 4th season (3 years of having played AFL games and 1 full season before that) and a post to close up this year and looking forward at the next?

Either way, has he taken it down? I cant see it on his twitter

Isn't season 4 in the can referring to just finishing his 4th season (3 years of having played AFL games and 1 full season before that) and a post to close up this year and looking forward at the next?

Either way, has he taken it down? I cant see it on his twitter
Instagram

Great that Hugh has signed on (so we think?). I just hope that it does not mean that we are going to lose Brad Crouch or Mat Crouch. These 2 guys are critical going forward as they are both in the right age bracket and Brad has really done well after his long injury lay off

Was quite ambivalent towards whether we signed him or not. For him to take the step up and earn this kind of deal he needs a full PS to hit the ground running. We cant have the situation where he plays a large number of SANFL games to get him going.

Another dumb move by the club. Why is Greenwood putting out criptic stuff before an official announcement? Just has us all guessing again.

i will spew up if we take all CEY, Greenwood, Gibbs, Crouch boys into 2020... Crouch boys and 1 of Gibbs/Greenwood/CEY to stay.. and why would we sign Wilson? too much of the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always thought we'd keep one of the former Cat Bs, guess we went with Hugh. I'm glad because he definitely offers some weapons we don't have a lot of elsewhere on the list.
I wouldn't be opposed to him spending a full pre-season as a forward to go with Fog and Tex, probably too late in his career to keep hoping for that midfield tank and hes the best contested/aerial mark in the side on exposed form.

Another dumb move by the club. Why is Greenwood putting out criptic stuff before an official announcement? Just has us all guessing again.
That’s not cryptic at all, it’s clear as day that’s he’s looking forward to next season (number 4 for him) at the Crows. The only thing it doesn’t have is how many years, but I assume 3.

Nice that Hugh has probably re-signed, wasn’t his year this year but still such an effective player at his best. Worth more than the pick 35-odd we’d get for him

Hope we play him more up forward in the future

The timing is what gives away Hugh's Instagram post.
Nice that Hugh has probably re-signed, wasn’t his year this year but still such an effective player at his best. Worth more than the pick 35-odd we’d get for him

Hope we play him more up forward in the future
THIS.

i will spew up if we take all CEY, Greenwood, Gibbs, Crouch boys into 2020... Crouch boys and 1 of Gibbs/Greenwood/CEY to stay.. and why would we sign Wilson? too much of the same

If he’s staying you’d imagine he will be more than likely re-cast as a permanent forward, which would be the right move. Simplify things and just tell him to mark or tackle everything down there.

People getting way to hung up on Wilson’s signing, that’s literally just to fill a SANFL spot. At least we don’t waste senior spots for that purpose like Port do.

There's every chance at this club that we were going to Jarryd Lyons him
This. Could be a real player.

I'm still on the fence though. I do really like him as a player and think if we can't get the midfield balance right, he could play up forward as well.

On the other hand, if he could net us a low second rounder, could assist with the rebuild given his age

That’s not cryptic at all, it’s clear as day that’s he’s looking forward to next season (number 4 for him) at the Crows. The only thing it doesn’t have is how many years, but I assume 3.
It's not that cryptic but I think you've got it wrong?... I think that he's saying "that's my fourth season done - and 2020's going to be even better". Next season is # 5. I assume he had his exit interview today... OR he signed his contract.

This. Could be a real player.

I'm still on the fence though. I do really like him as a player and think if we can't get the midfield balance right, he could play up forward as well.

On the other hand, if he could net us a low second rounder, could assist with the rebuild given his age
Picks 3, 21 & 26 are a handy start for a rebuild. Do we think we maybe need one more pick in the top-20 to really get cranking?

It's not that cryptic but I think you've got it wrong?... I think that he's saying "that's my fourth season done - and 2020's going to be even better". Next season is # 5. I assume he had his exit interview today... OR he signed his contract.

That's what I took from it too.

Either that or his missus is pregnant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back