Hurn high hit on Honeychurch

Remove this Banner Ad

It's ridiculous that a stationary player may get cited. No bumping action at all.

Should get looked at and thrown out on Monday and if not I will buy a one way ticket to Melbourne and burn down AFL House.

Turned to the side, but to my eyes it looked like he moved his bodyweight to the backfoot before contact to lessen the impact. Unfortunate contact from a player leading with the head, but not sure what Hurn could have done differently in the circumstance other than not being there. Had to protect himself and tried to reduce damage to the oncoming player. Would be very stiff to cop a ban for something that wasn't malicious. Accidental contact happens in the game, and will continue to and we can't place the blame on a player for every concussion incident.

Surprise surprise from a Freo supporter no less. I wonder what you would be saying if it was a Freo player?

Haha geez you have your defenses up. settle down princess.

My point was that I have no faith in the AFL MRP & he will get a week or whatever it is. Then the eagles will argue and get it off.
Climb on down from that high horse now

There are too many Dogs players who lead with their head. Hunter, Macrae and Mclean did it multiple times throughout the game. Eventually and unfortunately an event similar to this was likely to happen. Get the kids coming through juniors now to look at what not to do going in a contest if any of you folks coach the 12-16 bracket.

Who do you think they learned off though? Shuey Selwoods Thomas etc etc

Should be nothing. Once collision is inevitable Hurn stops his forward movement and braces for impact.

What that flip-flopping circus we call the MRP process will actually dish out tomorrow afternoon is anybody's guess.

Can't be a week

it's 3 weeks or nothing

3 weeks! How da *!

Just posted about it on the Freo board and wanted to see what was being said.

He went past the ball and collided with the Bullies player. It wasn't a hit/bump. Zero intent to harm. If Christian says anything about 3 weeks then we all need to strike until he gets the arse.

Thinking through it further, Hurn should have understood Honeychurch was smaller than him and used mad Mortal Kombat skills to teleport to the other side of him and lay a tackle, but not a heavy tackle.

4 weeks

* finish him next time

3 weeks! How da ****!

Just posted about it on the Freo board and wanted to see what was being said.

He went past the ball and collided with the Bullies player. It wasn't a hit/bump. Zero intent to harm. If Christian says anything about 3 weeks then we all need to strike until he gets the arse.

First thing that is assessed is whether he acted reasonably or not.

If he has - then it is 0 weeks and no case to answer.

If he is deemed to be careless (ignoring intentional here) - then it will be careless, high contact (hit his head) and either high impact or likely severe impact if the purported injuries are true (not to mention stretchered off and taken to hospital)

That's either No weeks - or a likely 3 weeks. Not a great deal of room in between, possibly only an option of 2 weeks if the impact gets downgraded.

Common sense says a stationary bloke can't do much more than stand still - hell he moved his weight and was half a sec from jumping backwards. But faith in the MRO is pretty low.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thing that is assessed is whether he acted reasonably or not.

If he has - then it is 0 weeks and no case to answer.

If he is deemed to be careless (ignoring intentional here) - then it will be careless, high contact (hit his head) and either high impact or likely severe impact if the purported injuries are true (not to mention stretchered off and taken to hospital)

That's either No weeks - or a likely 3 weeks. Not a great deal of room in between, possibly only an option of 2 weeks if the impact gets downgraded.

Common sense says a stationary bloke can't do much more than stand still - hell he moved his weight and was half a sec from jumping backwards. But faith in the MRO is pretty low.
giphy.gif

Generally you get a feel for things based on reactions of the players. No Bulldogs player remonstrated initially. Then again no one went over to the bloke as he lay there motionless.

It was only after, did a couple come in for some token shoving.

So there’s only 2 outcomes here.

1) Nothing to answer.
2) 3 weeks and Dogs players are s**t mates.

Hurn took a step forward and turned his body in the bumping motion. He seemed to do both of these to protect himself though - step forward to plant his leg and not be off balance and turned body so he wouldn't be headbutted in the abs/chest area.

I think Christian hates WC so wont be surprised if it's cited
He'll probably get suspended for this but how else can you brace for impact other than turning side on and 'bump' when a player runs into you. You can't grab them so you're only other option is to move out of the way. I don't think he should be suspended but with the current laws of the game, he could easily be suspended.

Generally you get a feel for things based on reactions of the players. No Bulldogs player remonstrated initially. Then again no one went over to the bloke as he lay there motionless.

It was only after, did a couple come in for some token shoving.

So there’s only 2 outcomes here.

1) Nothing to answer.
2) 3 weeks and Dogs players are s**t mates.
172763959dccb5cc884096e6ca719004ec0e0467

Surprise surprise from a Freo supporter no less. I wonder what you would be saying if it was a Freo player?

I like how you skimmed over four Freo fans who said he'd probably be fine before that post. Don't turn this into a petty shitfight mate

Hurn will get off, couldn't really have avoided it. Hopefully Honeychurch can make it back later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back