ICC World T20 2020 (Including Qualifiers)

Aussie_boy

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
Jersey are 3/112 off 13. That's not too bad.
They did pull it back, but the commentators were shaking their head at the field placements. A couple of head high full tosses and a guy nearly getting his teeth knocked out going for a catch were some of the lowlights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MWPP

Magical Eagle
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
60k stadium in Perth, yet the SCG still gets a semi final
I don’t even remember making this thread
But I do remember feeling shafted last time
And a few years and a new stadium later ... still shafted . My cricket apathy continues :(

Mar 5, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Associate cricket is funny. Singapore upset Scotland two days ago but now they need 9 an over to beat Bermuda, who only scored 89 against Papua New Guinea the other day

corbies

Spec Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Jersey now in with a great shot of making the top 4 after UAE collapse from 60/0 to 112 all out 😳
Its sad that I have even the slightest bit of intrigue into the legitimacy of results surrounding the UAE given the fixing scandal that came out pre-tournament.

Its genuinely a lottery on who will qualify at the moment. Good luck trying to predict results.

Marklar_33

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
D'Backs, Hurricanes
Its sad that I have even the slightest bit of intrigue into the legitimacy of results surrounding the UAE given the fixing scandal that came out pre-tournament.

Its genuinely a lottery on who will qualify at the moment. Good luck trying to predict results.
I enforce naivety on myself and view them as is. My thought is that it’s easy enough to not chase 147 without getting off to a flyer then falling in a dismal heap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammo360

All Australian
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Sydney
Just turned on to see Rizwan Cheema have his stumps destroyed. I remember him facing Brett Lee at the 2011 World Cup and seeing the same thing. He might need to work on that.

Mar 5, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fremantle, WA, Associates
Bermuda are out of the running, but if Kenya beats Singapore it make Group A very interesting. Group B may also be close, but it'll be with one less team as Nigeria and HK both look poor.

corbies

Spec Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
A great bit of fielding by Nitish Kumar has started a mini collapse for Ireland v Canada. They're in some bother.

ioppolo

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Just turned on to see Rizwan Cheema have his stumps destroyed. I remember him facing Brett Lee at the 2011 World Cup and seeing the same thing. He might need to work on that.
He still around? He must be nearing 40 by now

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Suspended
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I know Hong Kong is very open but it is strange to watch 11 ex pats playing for a country of birth. The captain sounded like he was from the UK lol ..

Ireland are deadset on the edge of making it! Lol

big_e

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2008
Your Wi-Fi
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
I know Hong Kong is very open but it is strange to watch 11 ex pats playing for a country of birth. The captain sounded like he was from the UK lol ..

Ireland are deadset on the edge of making it! Lol
Most of the side is either Hong Kong born or arrived there with their parents as children.

Marklar_33

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
D'Backs, Hurricanes
Bermuda are out of the running, but if Kenya beats Singapore it make Group A very interesting. Group B may also be close, but it'll be with one less team as Nigeria and HK both look poor.
Hong Kong surprisingly got themselves back in it after this, and although they have a poor NRR, they finish with Nigeria whilst UAE get Canada

Top Bottom