India vs Australia 4th test Dharamsala, the Virat Kohli Cup, March 25 - 29, 3pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree 100%. It looked questionable on first viewing, and the slow-mo confirmed it wasn't even close. Then the Indians attempted to bluff the umpires by rushing for the dressing room...

Every cricketer who ever played knows when they have taken a clean catch and when there is doubt. Wrongfully claiming a catch is the lowest of the low. Twelve months suspension from international cricket would be my verdict. Seriously.
Disagree 100% on first viewing the catch looked out. The replays suggested doubt.
It wasn't a clear bump ball, the third umpire thought it touched grass after several replays.

It's not surprising Renshaw faded in the series. It's like a first year footy player going quiet in the last third of the season. He's 20 years old and I'm guessing he hasn't come close to a month and a half tour before, especially in India. He's the type of player I think will be better for the experience. I'm hoping the same is true for Handscomb.

You'd think Marsh won't play for us again.

Disagree 100%. It looked questionable on first viewing, and the slow-mo confirmed it wasn't even close. Then the Indians attempted to bluff the umpires by rushing for the dressing room...

Every cricketer who ever played knows when they have taken a clean catch and when there is doubt. Wrongfully claiming a catch is the lowest of the low. Twelve months suspension from international cricket would be my verdict. Seriously.

true problem is every team does it, as you mentioned a suspension may fix it but we'd hve to apply it to batters too who stand their ground when nicking the ball

Disagree 100% on first viewing the catch looked out. The replays suggested doubt.
It wasn't a clear bump ball, the third umpire thought it touched grass after several replays.

The edge went so low and short, I immediately wondered if it had carried, as did Hazlewood. The first slow-mo clearly showed the ball going into the fingers before touching the ground. It wasn't even close. My reaction was exactly the same as Smith's, same words. Reprehensible behaviour from Vijay.
true problem is every team does it, as you mentioned a suspension may fix it but we'd hve to apply it to batters too who stand their ground when nicking the ball

It's not the same, you're going to cop good and bad when it comes to umpiring decisions. Walking for a nick is for park cricket when you don't have a paid umpire. Claiming grassed catches then racing off the field is for campaigners.

The edge went so low and short, I immediately wondered if it had carried, as did Hazlewood. The first slow-mo clearly showed the ball going into the fingers before touching the ground. It wasn't even close. My reaction was exactly the same as Smith's, same words. Reprehensible behaviour from Vijay.

It's not the same, you're going to cop good and bad when it comes to umpiring decisions. Walking for a nick is for park cricket when you don't have a paid umpire. Claiming grassed catches then racing off the field is for campaigners.

He'd have had no idea the ball touched the grass. He'd have known his hand did, but not the ball. I've got no problems with the decision but attacking a player for claiming a catch that he was probably certain he'd taken and then turning around and defending non-walkers (who I have no problem with by the way) because there are paid umpires is farcical.

He'd have had no idea the ball touched the grass. He'd have known his hand did, but not the ball. I've got no problems with the decision but attacking a player for claiming a catch that he was probably certain he'd taken and then turning around and defending non-walkers (who I have no problem with by the way) because there are paid umpires is farcical.

LOL bet if it was an Australian you'd be singing a different tune. It was flat out against the spirit of the game. I won't call it cheating as I don't think anyone does that. He deserves to face a sanction (% of his match pay is fine). It was a horrendous look.

The worst part was racing off the ground as if he knew 100% that he'd taken it. If you give him the benefit and say he wouldn't have been sure he'd caught it, why did he race off the field? It was a low act.

The worst part was racing off the ground as if he knew 100% that he'd taken it. If you give him the benefit and say he wouldn't have been sure he'd caught it, why did he race off the field? It was a low act.

That is the worst thing. You just know if the catch is close.

he raced off because he is the opening batsmen and needs to pad up. also think he took the catch.

I'm aware of why he was racing off. As LP1 said above, a catch that close you know there might be a chance it hasn't carried even if it feels like you've caught it. He tried to con everyone and came out looking like a knob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL bet if it was an Australian you'd be singing a different tune. It was flat out against the spirit of the game. I won't call it cheating as I don't think anyone does that. He deserves to face a sanction (% of his match pay is fine). It was a horrendous look.

Mate it's happened tons of times to and by Australians. Remember Slater claiming Dravid at square leg and then blowing an o-ring when it was given not out?

Never played cricket before then? He'd know it was a bump ball

I'm aware of why he was racing off. As LP1 said above, a catch that close you know there might be a chance it hasn't carried even if it feels like you've caught it. He tried to con everyone and came out looking like a knob.

This would almost be plausible except for the fact that every close catch is looked at these days - it's not as though he just walked down from the Himalayas for his first test.

'Hmm, I know they'll looo at this because it was close but if i run off the field it will change their mind.'

He believed he caught it and that there'd be no problem upholding it.

Mate it's happened tons of times to and by Australians. Remember Slater claiming Dravid at square leg and then blowing an o-ring when it was given not out?

Yes and I gave it to Slater back then. It is a rubbish look. Whether he caught it or not is a moot point. The one thing you would know as a fielder (and this comes from someone who has fielded in the slips) is whether it is close. Just telling the umpire "I think I've caught it but can you check".

Yes and I gave it to Slater back then. It is a rubbish look. Whether he caught it or not is a moot point. The one thing you would know as a fielder (and this comes from someone who has fielded in the slips) is whether it is close. Just telling the umpire "I think I've caught it but can you check".

Slater carried on like a pork chop after the event but there was nothing wrong with him claiming the catch

Great tours for Renshaw and Handscomb, they'll be completely different players in 4 years when we return.

Wade has earned my respect this series, something I never thought I'd say. Same goes for Lyon and we have terrific options in Cummins, Starc and Hazlewood.

Steve Smith is a God.

Shaun Marsh wasn't awful, but we needed him more than twice and at his age he should have provided more.

David Warner was an absolute fiasco, and at least one third the reason why we lost this series. It was proven how important opening partnerships were - and he failed to deliver 5 times out of 6.

We were beaten by a better side and I'm actually an admirer of Kohli's fierce determination. This has nothing to do with being bad losers or racists. He knew and should be publicly shamed.

Slater carried on like a pork chop after the event but there was nothing wrong with him claiming the catch

LOL you are kidding. Nothing wrong with claiming a catch that isn't a catch? You are in la la land.

as the irony said above, a catch that close you would know you have caught it and would be confident about it. probably should have looked at his dressing room and then reviewed it i guess.

So do the Aussies have any chance today? It would take a miracle spell of bowling to get it. I'd throw the ball to Cummins and SOK at the start. Hopefully Cummins will have full red line fever and bowl 150km thunderbolts. SOK to tie up and end so they can't score any runs. If that doesn't work for 6 overs then give it to Lyons and pray that he has an inspired spell like the first innings... as opposed to the serviceable stuff he usually delivers.

We were beaten by a better side and I'm actually an admirer of Kohli's fierce determination. This has nothing to do with being bad losers or racists - he knew and should be publicly shamed.

Plus unlike Marsh he actually pulled out of a test when injured. I'd have rather the rat Kholi played but he made the correct call. Wish Marsh did the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back