News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't suprise me at all if when our 4th pick comes around (25ish) that we dont trade it to Hawthorn for their 2019 first too.

pick two slider in the 70's

If Carlton’s pick ends up top 3, I would rather have a fresh pick than another go at a lukosius or rankine who this time next year have probably gone backwards

wouldn't suprise me at all if when our 4th pick comes around (25ish) that we dont trade it to Hawthorn for their 2019 first too.

pick two slider in the 70's
ill be interested if we can do something like that.

Collingwood now have 53, 54, 64 and will want will kelly. wonder if they will be moving picks for points purposes

essendon and hawks could both want a mid 20s pick and think it worth risking next years pick. they could go high but could finish low enough to make me happy to gamble on either of those in a straight swap

collingwood you may want to upgrade our 70s pick to one of their 50 to make it worth the deal

Very little faith this is a done deal.

1. Getting over the hurdle that we rarely, if ever, attract SA players back if they are successful. When we do have the chance to do something creative ie Francis, we blow it; and

2. Even if they do want to come home, there is Port to contend with.

If it was any other club I'd say zero chance, but GC gives some small hope, particularly if they have a shaky start to their careers

David Swallow and Sam Day are about the only ones that stayed but both never reached their peak because of injuries

Any idea how many first round draft picks they've had?

Last nite the reality of what port did in 1990 when the vfl used them to get us in on those terms.

Gold coast so far received about 50 million in hand outs. Destroyed kids careers. Destroyed the best talent.

We were holding out joining the vfl to get a better deal. Have more autonomy and more control over South Australian kids.

Two of our best young footballers in a long time have gone to a s**t club. We will pay more for our memberships next year than just about everyone so that s**t club can get handouts to train and pay them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill be interested if we can do something like that.

Collingwood now have 53, 54, 64 and will want will kelly. wonder if they will be moving picks for points purposes

essendon and hawks could both want a mid 20s pick and think it worth risking next years pick. they could go high but could finish low enough to make me happy to gamble on either of those in a straight swap

collingwood you may want to upgrade our 70s pick to one of their 50 to make it worth the deal

Neither Essendon nor Collingwood has a 2019 first rounder - already traded away for Shiel and Beams respectively.

So...

My mail on Rankine did not come to fruition at all.

However now that's happened, I can say what I was told.

Rankine booked interviews with interstate clubs and simply didn't attend. This was given to me from two sources on the weekend of the SANFL preliminary final. One source said that a club was so pissed off, they wouldn't draft him in the first round.

The source of apparent angst was second hand but apparently came directly from a Victorian Club's staff.

The interview about not attending interviews directly from a state under 18's player, who played this year.

If it was in fact true, massive massive risk by gold coast.
He did interview with the Suns, can’t comment on other clubs

Any idea how many first round draft picks they've had?

Last nite the reality of what port did in 1990 when the vfl used them to get us in on those terms.

Gold coast so far received about 50 million in hand outs. Destroyed kids careers. Destroyed the best talent.

We were holding out joining the vfl to get a better deal. Have more autonomy and more control over South Australian kids.

Two of our best young footballers in a long time have gone to a s**t club. We will pay more for our memberships next year than just about everyone so that s**t club can get handouts to train and pay them.
The handouts we have received as a start up club in a non football state are less than we add in TV rights with the extra game each week. To call the club s**t is a bit harsh considering we were working out of tin sheds for 7 years. I fully accept that we don’t have the respect of the competition but with 3 top 10 picks 2 years ago, Weller and Ballard last year, Lukosius, Rankine and B King plus 24 and 29 this year and two top 5 picks next year and a mountain of freed up cash I believe we will surprise a few teams next year.

We have added some bigger bodies to protect the kids in Miles, Hom, Burgess, Corbett and GHS overhauled the coaching a fitness staff and are injury free at pre season for the first time in 5 years

A team of the following should give you an insight

J Harbrow R Thompson J Joyce
P Hanley J Leslie C Ballard
L Weller T Miller, J Bowes
J Martin P Wright I Rankine
A Sexton J Corbett B Ainsworth

Foll, J Witts D Swallow, W Brodie, B Fiorini

Int C AhChee, B Crossley, A Miles, J Lukosius

Not making the team are B King, M Rishitelli, C Ellis, , J Hombsch, J Murdoch, S Lennon’s, A Young, N Holman, D MacPherson, W Powell, pick 24 and 29

With the right support staff in place and more top talent to come, the Suns future is bright

Edit forgot S Day, GHS, T Nichols, S Collins

Last edited:
Very little faith this is a done deal.

1. Getting over the hurdle that we rarely, if ever, attract SA players back if they are successful. When we do have the chance to do something creative ie Francis, we blow it; and

2. Even if they do want to come home, there is Port to contend with.

If it was any other club I'd say zero chance, but GC gives some small hope, particularly if they have a shaky start to their careers
I had a good source about Francis, but lost it after last year.
However, he hasn't yet signed an extension with the Dons yet.
Not saying he won't as I have no mail on it, but I remember the bombers talking about getting him to commit last year but he hasn't so far.
Maybe there is still hope.

The handouts we have received as a start up club in a non football state are less than we add in TV rights with the extra game each week. To call the club s**t is a bit harsh considering we were working out of tin sheds for 7 years. I fully accept that we don’t have the respect of the competition but with 3 top 10 picks 2 years ago, Weller and Ballard last year, Lukosius, Rankine and B King plus 24 and 29 this year and two top 5 picks next year and a mountain of freed up cash I believe we will surprise a few teams next year.

We have added some bigger bodies to protect the kids in Miles, Hom, Burgess, Corbett and GHS overhauled the coaching a fitness staff and are injury free at pre season for the first time in 5 years

A team of the following should give you an insight

J Harbrow R Thompson J Joyce
P Hanley J Leslie C Ballard
L Weller T Miller, J Bowes
J Martin P Wright I Rankine
A Sexton J Corbett B Ainsworth

Foll, J Witts D Swallow, W Brodie, B Fiorini

Int C AhChee, B Crossley, A Miles, J Lukosius

Not making the team are B King, M Rishitelli, C Ellis, , J Hombsch, J Murdoch, S Lennon’s, A Young, N Holman, D MacPherson, W Powell, pick 24 and 29

With the right support staff in place and more top talent to come, the Suns future is bright
Unfortunately JL and IR are zero chance of staying. Just not their personalities in my view.

If we couldn't get them to us in the draft, then best case scenario was GC. From what I heard about Dew and the players (I posted it in the rumours forum) he hasn't got off on a good foot with alot of the players. Izak is a cocky fella and I could see him clash with Dew. If a player like Lyons, who is a committed club man and professional player, clashed with Dew, I can't wait to see what happens with Izak lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back