Recommitted Jack Gunston [UFA 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh you changed your name, Artist formerly known as Messenger.

We are not going to get along in this thread as I don't think he is worth a first, too old and not a structural key. Thought I better flag that. ;)

Nothing gets by you, huh.

Nothing

But it’s clear Collingwood don’t want him

I would want more than a mid teens pick and a player they are trying to get rid of for a contracted Gunston

I’m hoping he goes nowhere
And he is on a big contract so its also a salary dump for Collingwood

Two 3rd rounders, Travis Varcoe and a well flavoured pack of BBQ Shapes.

Take it or leave it chumps.

Two 3rd rounders, Travis Varcoe and a well flavoured pack of BBQ Shapes.

Take it or leave it chumps.
Pass

What is Jack Gunston worth, Why would Hawks move him on?

Would only move him on if we were offered an amazing deal. Probably worth a late 1st but we would want a lot more than that to trade him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think something like this might be a good value for Gunston...

Pick 14 + 34 + Phillips
for
Pick 21 + 59 + Gunston

Depends where you rate Phillips to the later picks and if Hawthorn think they need points (1036 extra points, eq to pick 29)

So effectively, Philips and pick 29 for Gunston.

Pass.

That was almost ten years ago.

He is clearly not the mommas boy he was back then.

Move to Brisbane for 2-3 years. Hopefully add more flags to the collection and then come back to Melbourne to live your final 60 years of life.
he ain’t going to brisbane. He’s staying in Victoria. He’s were he wants to be he ain’t going interstate.

So effectively, Philips and pick 29 for Gunston.

Pass.
Not really.....if you look at it in the way that you are getting a mid 1st rd pick for a 2nd round. 4 and 14 gives Hawthorn a lot more room to move as far as selecting a who they want.
Eg, take the best KPF left at 4 (or Granger-Barass) and then I think there will be some very good mids left on the board at 14, not so much at 21.

Also think Phillips is a good fit for Hawthorn currently. If played on the wing he is a very good player

I dont think anyone wants him to go so it would need way more than he is worth.

I want him with us for the next 4 years.

I think something like this might be a good value for Gunston...

Pick 14 + 34 + Phillips
for
Pick 21 + 59 + Gunston

Depends where you rate Phillips to the later picks and if Hawthorn think they need points (1036 extra points, eq to pick 29)

I wouldn’t be sending 21 back.

Reading the BigFooty tea leaves Hawks fans want overs for Gunston and North fans don't seem too fussed about Ben Brown leaving. Could be a shrewd piece of recruiting to pick up both.

Reading the BigFooty tea leaves Hawks fans want overs for Gunston and North fans don't seem too fussed about Ben Brown leaving. Could be a shrewd piece of recruiting to pick up both.

Don’t have to read tea leaves.

Doubt Hawks will trade Gunston they just cant get enough value from him leaving, at very best a late 1st rd pick is the best they could do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back