Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick] - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Technically yeah but only because we parted with a second rounder to get Tom Mitchell across. Ressie being Ressie conveniently left Tom out of the equation, perhaps he thought he was in Bay 13.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

But the Tom Mitchell trade was seperate to the JOM trade and was a bargain for you guys.

However, sticking entirely to the JOM trade (the topic) you gave up Hill, Lewis and Mitchell along with draft picks for JOM (and a pick back). That can't be disputed. If that was a good deal or not can be disputed and will be for many years to come in my opinion.

Round 1
Omeara vs those traded away to get him :)

S Mitchel 38 diposals 0 goals 10 score involve
J Lewis 32 disposals 0 goals 7 score involve
B Hill 17 diposals 1 goal 5 score involvement
Total 87 Disposals 1 goal 22 score involves

Omeara 23 disposals 0 goals 7 score involvements

T mitchell is looking pretty good. At the moment he is the better pick up and cost a darnsite less then O meara did.
With Hodge out the Hawks really could of used the leadership of Lewis and S Mitchell.

Not fair to be judging Omeara so harshly after 1st game in over 2 year when he got 23 disposals. Not a bad first up effort and will only get better. The real test will be his durability.

Not fair to be judging Omeara so harshly after 1st game in over 2 year when he got 23 disposals. Not a bad first up effort and will only get better. The real test will be his durability.

Alos remember the Hawks originally had him coming back week 4.

For mine he is ahead of where he should be.

Durability is still the concern and will be for the rest of his career probably but the Hawks seem to have done a great job so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Jaeger on getting pack to playing AFL and for him to have played the preseason as well is positive after so long out with injury. I think he will start to impact more after rounds 4 and 5 and then at the back end of the season he will have the BF masses will be changing tune. And I would also expect him to be rested for a couple of games during the season

Worst high possession game I have seen, and I have seen Rockliff play heaps.

Scared to use his legs?

Yep....likely been told not to kick if avoidable, i'd reckon.

It's all about the long-term anyways....If we had any investment in winning this year, then Sammy & Lewy would still be there.

Yep....likely been told not to kick if avoidable, i'd reckon.

It's all about the long-term anyways....If we had any investment in winning this year, then Sammy & Lewy would still be there.

Can teams afford to carry a highly paid midfielder who cant do things like kick, mark or tackle?

Maybe he could of used a top quality experienced midfielder beside him someone like Sam Mitchell springs to mind. Now he would be a handy pick up while Omeara is still finding his feet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back