Traded Jaeger O'Meara [traded to Hawthorn for pick 10 and GWS's 2017 2nd rd pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the consensous on O'Meara's value? A first & second rounder or first & best 22 player?

How's Hawthorn going to get JOM & Tom Mitchell?
There's a few interesting players on our list currently without a new contract.

That's how.

If GC have such big balls and reckon they'll trade JOM to the highest bidder, why are discussions being limited to Victorian clubs? Doesn't that indicate they're full of s**t?

The player has to agree to a trade and JOM wants to go to Melbourne to be with his girlfriend.

That silent moment when the poster realises that he did in fact stuff up what he meant.

To pry Fyfe

It would take

Hawks
Gain Omera
Lose Hill and pick 14

GC
Gain Fyfe
Lose Omera pick 4 and 9

Freo Gain 4, 9, 14 and Hill
Lose Fyfe

Hawks overpaying for Omeara
GC overpaying for Fyfe
Fremantle the big winners BUT that's what it would take.
I can't see this happening, Suns give up a guy we gave up 2 early first rounders for PLUS 4 and 8 to get a guy we would have to pay so much money to get that we couldn't hold onto Lynch and Wright, hmmmmmmmm............nah

That silent moment when the poster realises that he did in fact stuff up what he meant.

To pry Fyfe

It would take

Hawks
Gain Omera
Lose Hill and pick 14

GC
Gain Fyfe
Lose Omera pick 4 and 9

Freo Gain 4, 9, 14 and Hill
Lose Fyfe

Hawks overpaying for Omeara
GC overpaying for Fyfe
Fremantle the big winners BUT that's what it would take.
Are you being tongue and cheek?

I suspect you blokes won't have pick 1 in the pre season draft after tomorrow to use as a negotiation tool either. If JOM was to nominate Ess...

If he does nominate us (Which i highly doubt) surely Hawks, Dees and Dogs would be the favoured vic clubs if he wants success (Which i also doubt he really does) then .... we would look to use pick 2 in a deal. Id also doubt Brisbane picked him anyway TBH in the PSD - hard to say what they would do.

If GC have such big balls and reckon they'll trade JOM to the highest bidder, why are discussions being limited to Victorian clubs? Doesn't that indicate they're full of s**t?
That not that mean. He's said that he wants to go to Victoria but he can't choose where he goes from there.
Of course what will happen is he ends up where he wants to go and GC should know this and get a good deal while you can.

Yes, in a way.

It's all bluff. All marketing. Making a stand.

They know who they'll be dealing with, they just decided to make sure everyone knows that they won't be pushed around in the future by coming out strongly in the media about what they expect in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, in a way.

It's all bluff. All marketing. Making a stand.
In other words, bullshit.

They know who they'll be dealing with, they just decided to make sure everyone knows that they won't be pushed around in the future by coming out strongly in the media about what they expect in return.
See above.

Are they, at the moment the only statement has said INTERSTATE its just the media that assume it is Melbourne because he has a house and his current ear ache lives their. Married guys will under stand what I mean by ear ache

Its highly likely to be Melbourne but, buddy was going to GWS according to the media to

Are they, at the moment the only statement has said INTERSTATE its just the media that assume it is Melbourne because he has a house and his current ear ache lives their. Married guys will under stand what I mean by ear ache

Its highly likely to be Melbourne but, buddy was going to GWS according to the media to
Still the same city. It's not like he went to Brisbane

“As Jaeger doesn’t qualify as a Free Agent, AFL rules dictate he holds no rights to determine his destination of choice."
Rules also dictate that a club (in this case, Gold Coast) cannot send a player to any old club, either. The said player needs to actually sign off on it. Players whose contracts expire during 2016 have basically three options;

1) Nominate a club and have their present club negotiate with destination club
2) Have their present club find a club for them (but O'Meara would have to sign off on it). Can't even remember when this happened last (FWIW, I can remember when players have said in the past that they'd be happy to go to one on two or three specific clubs, example: go to Adelaide or Port, as long as the player gets back to SA).
3) If all breaks down, and if both parties (present club and O'Meara) can't find a resolution, he'll become uncontracted as his contract will expire and can then enter the draft. Rarely happens but this is the Nick Stevens to Collingwood scenario, where he ended up at the Blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back